TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3944495459646974798485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2376

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That's what I was trying to say, but you said it much better.

German localization fix

Hello, I am a fellow taffer from Germany and also a big fan of the Tfix Patch. I recently acquired the original Thief Games on Disk, which is awesome because they did a really good job at localizing this game aswell as Thief 2.
    FYI: In Germany; "Dark Project - Der Meisterdieb" corresponds to the vanilla Thief, whereas "D.P.-D.M.: Director's Cut" simply corresponds to Thief Gold - nothing special.
    Tfix installs just fine and runs flawlessly; there is one issue though - when I get to the main menu, the title graphic will say "Thief Gold" instead of "Dark Project: Der Meisterdieb (Director's Cut)", which it should say since it is the German version.
    The title graphic is handled by an animation composed of multiple PCX images as it is the case with all versions of T1 and T2. Here's the odd one out: The German Thief Gold (Director‘s Cut) has a static image because they had to slap a Director's Cut badge in there and they were too lazy to do it to all 20 PCX's.
    Tfix sadly doesn‘t handle this too well – While Tfix installs and displays the logo animation in vanilla German Thief fine, The static image in the Director‘s Cut gets replaced by the english Thief GOLD animation.
    The fault seems to lie in the intrface.crf deployed by TFix for German Thief Gold which is then located in the \PATCHES Subdirectory. TFix cannot find the pre-existing 20 PCX files and I assume it just overwrites them to make up for the "lacking", even though the one PCX that is supposed to be there - is there.
    To get rid of this issue, which is mostly the german localization team‘s fault and more of an accidental mishap in Tfix, I have (re)created a proper animation for the German Thief Gold title screen.

I would be more than happy to contribute these files to the TFix team to include them in the next release of the Tfix. Please note that this animation is for German Thief *Gold* only, as the animation of vanilla German Thief is completely intact, and, as a matter of fact, my animation is based on the latter.

Best regards

Zombified
    while TFix is built primarily for the english version of Thief Gold, I don't mind adding localisation specific tweaks and fixes as long as I can make things work reliably.

so sure, if you have created a proper animated logo for the german version, share it, and I'll see what can be done.

Thank you for your consideration, I simply made this fix work by dropping all the files into the \german\ subdirectory of \Patches\intrface.crf (not the one in \RES\) for the gold version, so I think this should be easy to implement.
    Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...GFadGlSMjVqTjQ
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Bafford; 26th Feb 2017 at 14:21. Reason: updated link

Zombified
    TFix Lite is now updated to 1.25, for all those full fix haters or people who want the 1.25 exe to have the TG icon.

full will be delayed, there are quite a few things I want to fix and I'm currently occupied with SS2 - think a week or so.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks as always, voodoo. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Proud full fix hater here, thanks for helping to preserve these classic games.

Zombified
    ok, 1.24 full is finally up - I had plans to update and add some new stuff, but after running the numbers in my head I had to admit that it would/will take me weeks to get everything done, so 1.24 ended up a boring update/bugfix release. anyway;
    v1.24: core files updated to NewDark 1.25, a few small tweaks to textures and objects here and there, added a fixed rotisserie chicken model (Olfred) and made it rotate where appropriate. all alarmlights now work properly, and Constantine can now use all of his attacks (so yeah, this is the first time ever the final bossfight works as intended). that annoying giant terrain spoon in the Little Big World has been replaced with a proper object spoon, hopefully NOT getting the player stuck so often (looks much better too). and the welcome screen now also has a PayPal donate link, feel free to hit it if you think my efforts are worth a buck or two.
    'bout that last part - the short story is that I had to quit my regular day job so I would finally be able to complete my education, and while I'm pretty sure I have enough backup resources to pull this off without hurting too much, some bonus loot every once in a while would be quite nice. so, one small, unobtrusive, click-me-only-if-you-want donate link it is.

Ramirez´s mansion main door:
    Conversation about Cragscleft being closed down won´t trigger.
    Both guards stay put.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byh...ew?usp=sharing

Zombified
    had a quick look, all I can say for the moment is that:

-the conversation indeed doesn't trigger from your save
    -nothing has been changed on that conversation, ever
    -it starts fine for me when I play the level from a fresh start (using the latest TFix 1.24)

what happens if you restart the level (a fresh restart = hitting the restart button from the menu, not just loading an old save)? are you using the latest TFix? remember, when updating mid-game, you need to restart the current level, else oddities may happen.

Well, I found out that the conversation triggers if I put TFIX.GAM in the main folder (I had it in PATCHES folder)
    I copy-pasted it to the main folder and now I have the conversation.
    Any guess?

Zombified
    yes. there is literally no way this could have helped, the engine either finds and reads the gamesys, or not, nothing inbetween - I've tried moving the gamesys, didn't help, that save is simply broken. maybe you restarted the level after moving the gamesys?

so, are you able to trigger the problem when you restart the level? that is the most important thing.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 6th Apr 2017 at 15:51.

Let´s see:
    With the save file I sent you there´s no way the conversation will start (either starting mission from scratch or reloading or moving TFIX.GAM into the main folder). The conversation wil never come up if I start the mission without TFIX.GAM in the main folder.
    If you start the mission with TFIX.GAM in the main folder there is conversation. Even if you later delete TFIX.GAM from the main folder the conversation exists if you reload.
    So the save file "knows" if TFIX.GAM was in the main folder from the beginning.

Zombified
    ok, zip your entire TG folder (excluding the movies and FMs, if any), upload it somewhere and send me the link via pm, I'll have a look.

Dóttirin klæðist oft móður möttli
    Well, I've just tried it and it's working fine in Tfix 1.24.
    I loaded the savegame provided by bassoferrol into DromEd. The conversation actor (1756) is alerted (low) and he's an AIAwareness link to itself (1756) for some reasons. I deleted this link and the conversation starts fine.
    I wonder what happened.

Zombified
    yep, you are right, didn't notice the extra link. would write it off as a random issue (those still happen sometimes), but bassoferrol says he can replicate it at will, so I will have a look anyway as long as he shares the affected install.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    ok, zip your entire TG folder (excluding the movies and FMs, if any), upload it somewhere and send me the link via pm, I'll have a look.
    Well now it works. Must have been corrupted save files.
    Deleted every .sav file in SAVES folder and started anew from first mission (Baffords) and then in Assassins the conversation triggered. Tried two times just in case (one in Normal and the other one in Hard).
    So the problem was on my part as always.
    Anyway, if you find something iffy with my instalaltion, let me know:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byh...ew?usp=sharing

It´s using some of my resources and this is how mu Thief Gold looks (deleted snd.crf, missions and other files)

Zombified
    unable to replicate even with the linked install, so yeah, probably just something random. also manually customized install, and those aren't really supported.

one way or another, silently updated 1.24 to place the gamesys into root (as the reason why it was placed in patches ceased to exist some time ago anyway).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 8th Apr 2017 at 08:06.

One more question:

When installing TFix for Thief: The Dark Project, which gen.osm file should I choose: the old one (8th december 1998) or the Gold one (29th september 1999)?

Zombified
    rule of thumb here is that you shouldn't mess with a TFixed install unless you are very, very sure you know what you are doing. and while T1 is supported, you are still essentially just running TG with T1 levels (where unavoidable), so using old scripts and other files is strongly discouraged.

if it works, don't fix it.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 8th Apr 2017 at 12:25.

Congratulations on the new release, appreciate your work! Let me know if my tweak makes it into the next release

Zombified
    I'm almost sure it will, but I had very little time to wrap 1.24 up, and adding that would require changes to the installer code, and that's a real pain to do.

TFix 1.25 should be out in a few months - that will sync the patcher version number with the NewDark version number, and from that point on, it will be kept synced, so for example TFix 1.26b will indicate a second TFix release that uses NewDark 1.26 and so on. assuming there will be more NewDark releases, but hey, we've been lucky so far..

Tweaks and New stuff to added in future version?Oh like what? Or do we have to till release to find how what goodies you got planned for a future TFix releases.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    TFix 1.25 should be out in a few months - that will sync the patcher version number with the NewDark version number, and from that point on, it will be kept synced, so for example TFix 1.26b will indicate a second TFix release that uses NewDark 1.26 and so on.
    That's exactly what I was hoping you were going to do.

Anyway, thanks for all your good work, voodoo...

assuming there will be more NewDark releases, but hey, we've been lucky so far..
    Something tells me that there will be...I can feel it in me bones!...

Zombified
    I was thinking of expanding the interactive candle functionality a bit, play with AIs noticing and relighting torches and stuff like that. also one very particular easter egg-esque (mini)mod, but not saying anything more about that, as I'd very much like to see how long will people take to actually notice. it will be a ton of work for almost no benefit - but fun, just the way I like it.

Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3944495459646974798485868788899091929394 ... LastLast