TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41465156616671768186878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2376

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Just out of curiosity, did you fix this in the mages mission?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byh...ew?usp=sharing

Speaking of Mage Towers.
    In the Tower of Fire, the uppermost area (the one with the talisman) seems to share a roombrush with the lower area where a few mages patrol. Seeing as the player has to jump on metal platofrms over lava there, it is very easy to alert one of the mages below, and it is impossible to see where they are. I wonder if this is something worth fixing. Yes, one can use a moss arrow, but it shouldn't be a crutch gadget in that area in my opinion.

Zombified
    I'll have a look at both. also I really need to set up that gdoc bugtracker sheet.

voodoo47, you can setup any free bug tracking system, like OTRS 5, Redmine, Mantis or etc..

Zombified
    would have to learn how, and I'm a bit low on free time. all I need is to have everything at one place, and a google doc sheet should suffice for that - it's been working decently for SS2.

I haven't checked it yet, but did you guys ever fix the apebeasts getting stuck in the barrels on the first floor of the mansion in Escape? Whenever I arrived from the basement, there was always one or two of them in there.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

They were still getting stuck there when I was playing three months or so ago. Quite useful actually, as they are easy pickings when that happens

Zombified
    don't remember it being reported so probably no, but the fix should be fairly easy - I'll just allow them to pass through them (not perfect, but always better than getting stuck). try adding this to your gamesys.dml:
    Code:
    ObjProp -137 "PhysAIColl"
    {
    	"" false
    }

You might remember me on the Steam forums with the issue of not getting the Steam overlay working. I updated to TFix 1.24 now and it still doesn't, no matter what I do. Would you like to have a look into my games folders? Might not be worth the time if I'm the only one with the issue though.

Also, is tehre any possible way of tying the games physics to whatever framerate you run the game or however it works? I feel like it would be a worthy endeavour if plausible as there are too many games that make monitor hz above 60 a needless spend. Plus, having mouse input without VSync would be a godsend, but it doesn't feel too bad in this type of game. Probably the only first-person game where I could stand anything less than good mouse input.

Zombified
    not quite sure what you want to do, but check new_config_vars.txt in the doc folder;
    Code:
    phys_freq <30 - 120>
        set physics updates to a fixed frequency, this avoids variable movement speeds when playing without
        V-sync or can be used to lock physics at a lower frequency to play as the game originally was likely
        intended (60Hz). The default value is 0 which disables fixed frequency updates. It's always preferable
        to run with V-sync for the best experience.
        To get any useful effect of this at higher framerates the var "min_frame_time" should be set to
        something low like 1.
    also, post your thief.log and we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus View Post
    issue of not getting the Steam overlay working
    Try to run Steam as administrator

Thanks, that worked perfectly. Also, I just noticed on a quick playthrough of Cragscleft that Garrett isn't talking at all for whatever reason. What is wrong with my Thief. I'll upload my .log in a sec.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qcsb66t6y...thief.log?dl=0

There ya go. Also Steam is already run as Admin and I tried without as well but it didn't change anything :/ Thanks anyway though.
    Last edited by IAmTheWalrus; 19th May 2017 at 08:51.

Zombified
    nothing wrong with the log. judging from the need to run steam as admin, I'd say maybe your account has some sort of permission limitations? never had to run steam itself as admin for something to work.

check your audio options and try to change things around (hw acceleration and eax, mostly), see whether that makes things better or worse.

Anyone know how to disable the UI?

Whether its something that can be done in a config file, or if its a feature of TFIX, does anyone know how to disable the UI for Thief Gold? I want to snap some screens without the UI there.

Zombified
    you can set the hud transparency to 100%, check cam_ext.cfg and look for alpha for 2D overlay.

I've run Steam as admin for a long time, far before my issue of the overlay not working. For the vast majority of my time playing Thief the overlay has always worked. Oh well, at least Thief 2's works. No problem

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus View Post
    Also Steam is already run as Admin
    No, it's not, especially if UAC was enabled. You can try to disable it and check overlay after restarting OS.
    Also, check the folder permissions for Steam and subfolders. You can use this for easy resetting permissions.
    Steam support have this article, you can check it too.

If nothing works, then move Steam (reinstall it?) to other location (like D:\Steam), reinstall game to it. Yeah, it's weird.
    Last edited by Lightwave; 20th May 2017 at 09:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave View Post
    No, it's not, especially if UAC was enabled. You can try to disable it and check overlay after restarting OS.
    Also, check the folder permissions for Steam and subfolders. You can use this for easy resetting permissions.
    Steam support have this article, you can check it too.

If nothing works, then move Steam (reinstall it?) to other location (like D:\Steam), reinstall game to it. Yeah, it's weird.
    Yeah I've already done most of that, but thanks anyway.

Despite the relighting, version 1.24b still has vastly different patterns of shade in the restaurant in Thieves' Guild. See below.

TFix 1.24b

Vanilla

I'll let you know if I find more discrepancies.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Zombified
    yes, because I have unified the amount of light one type of candle emits. not sure whether I want to revert this.

Just curious, what was the reason for the unifying in the first place?

I'd rather leave things untouched, or at least have an option for leaving things untouched. I use this as a bug fixing and modern compatibility patch as I imagine most people do. This isn't really bug fixing, even if they could be construed as design flaws. Just my two cents.

Zombified
    rule of thumb for the full version is that if something is anomalous, discrepant or outright buggy, it needs to go. the reason for changing some lights is that all light emitting objects of the same type/size should logically also have the same luminosity - no reason why some should have just half of it, like those candles in the Guild restaurant. anyway, only a handful of candles were changed this way, so this shouldn't be a big deal one way or another.

concerning the fix vs no fix dilemma, I'm always open to discussion, but in the end, I have to make a decision, and no matter what I do in the end, some people won't like it - and that's why the lite (crit bugfix only strict) version exists. I'm aware that some would want more than that but less than the full, but creating yet another branch that would sit somewhere inbetween just isn't feasible.

That's perfectly fair actually. You're right, you can't please everyone and I think you definitely picked the right choice then. I also didn't know about the lite version so it's good that we have that as well. Good stuff, Voodoo, this patch and all the effort you put into it is greatly appreciated.

Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41465156616671768186878889909192939495 ... LastLast