TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 424752576267727782878889909192
Results 2,276 to 2,288 of 2288

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus View Post
    I'd rather leave things untouched, or at least have an option for leaving things untouched. I use this as a bug fixing and modern compatibility patch as I imagine most people do. This isn't really bug fixing, even if they could be construed as design flaws. Just my two cents.
    I'd agree about making non-bug non-compatibility fixes optional improvements. Changing light sources has the potential to affect how easy or hard a section can be to traverse, in comparison to how easy or hard they were intended/designed to be. Although I have no doubt the impact is trivial if any such changes have been made here.

And it's all well and good someone deciding that only psychos would want to hear blackjacked NPCs responding to being hurt, but aside from personal judgments on what amuses other people, it can actually be useful because it lets you know if you've left them somewhere that is hurting them.

The unofficial patches for all the games are great though, don't get me wrong. Just agree in principle that improvements should be dealt with separately. Although I suspect that of course it would not always be easy to make a particular one optional.
    Last edited by Cigam; 25th May 2017 at 08:27.

Zombified
    that can be said about pretty much anything.

anyway, 1.24c is up, few quick fixes, but most importantly, T1 (non-gold) Lost City now works properly again - water talisman objective completes after picking it up (got broken in 1.24, forcing people to use ctrl+alt+shift+end to complete the mission).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 26th May 2017 at 14:22.

Thanks. Can you add 1.24b and 1.24c into the changelog?

Zombified
    these tiny fixes (and shameful mistake coverups) don't really need to be seen more than necessary.

Fair point. I was just curious.

Zombified
    it's business as usual - floaty things, badly oriented things, upside down things. seems like there is an infinite amount of them in the game.

I frankly never noticed any such things in the original game or perhaps I just didn't mind it and only found those things curious

Zombified
    that's why good testers are rare, as they need to be capable of un-immersing themselves and looking beyond the game to see all the gears and cogs that run underneath (among other things).

Last edited by voodoo47; 27th May 2017 at 13:25.

Yeah:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byh...ew?usp=sharing

In what file was the talisman bug in T1 (non-Gold) fixed?
    In TFIX.GAM?
    And the problem with some ratmen getting stuck (Escape) and at some extent fixed by adding these lines in gamesys.dml:

ObjProp -137 "PhysAIColl"
    {
    "" false
    }
    has been fixed in TFIX.GAM or where?

Zombified
    not yet, that is something I need to have a closer look at before it gets pushed into the main build. also I thought I've already fixed that table and goblet, but apparently not.

the talisman turned out to be a script incompatibility - basically, if you use the TG version of miss09.osm for the T1 version of the map, the talisman pickup won't register. to fix this, I had to make sure a proper version of the script is installed if T1 non-gold is detected.

My miss09.osm for the non-gold version is dated 11-11-1998 (294400 bytes) and everything was OK the last time I replayed that mission (one year ago or so).
    Whta are the main changes or fixes built in the new TFIX.GAM for Gold and/or Dark Project?

Zombified
    there is at least one newer (and larger) TDP miss09.osm available (‎8. ‎dec ‎1998, 1*111*212 bytes), I have it from the sold out version which should be identical to TDP 1.33 afaik.

when you apply TFix to TDP, you are getting all the same things as with TG, with the exception of the Lost City and Undercover missions which were taken from the TDP unstripped missions pack, with all the mission fixes mirrored from their TG counterparts. while it is slightly annoying to maintain those two extra missions, I figured that it is worth doing as long as it's just two and no more. I'll probably get rid of TDP Undercover completely in the future, as the only difference is the extra talisman, and I should be able to work around that with some dml trickery. that will leave Lost City as the only level that needs to exist in two incarnations, and I can live with that 'till kingdom come.

anyway, as I have already mentioned (somewhere), if you patch your TDP with TFix, you will get T2 engine running TG running TDP, for better or worse. Thiefception, if you want.

Ill let you know that Im still using the Dark Project version of Down in the Bonehoard in the Gold version.
    I much prefer the original layout and I dont care not having to encounter that man or beast which is all flames.
    Other than that I dont see any difference in the plot.

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 424752576267727782878889909192