TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 45505560657075808590919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2534

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    in Thieves' Guild, there's a part of the counter in the overlord's fancy with incorrect texturing
    will fix, but do try to log stuff into the tracker doc if possible (logged this one for you), this simplifies my work immensely.

Just uploaded another set of bugs, two down in the last 24 hours.
    Don┤t forget to read the texts.

Grandmauden: Thanks! Cool to know.

Voodoo47: Will do

Edit: An underwater texture below the ramp at the start of the upper sewer in Thieves Guild doesn't match the other submerged textures. Tracker doc modified.
    Last edited by klatremus; 4th Jul 2017 at 02:19. Reason: Added bug

Just some minor niggles. In Undercover at the start the Hammerite says "Open the gate" several seconds after it has begun opening. The line should of course be said before it opens.

Song has the most unfair objective in all the Thief games - on Hard at least - namely the one about not killing any unarmed people. Why is this unfair? Because it is possible to fail it before it is even given. It is not present at the start, so you can kill that first guard no problem. But kill the hermit and the mission fails and lists an X next to this objective, despite this objective not having been given yet at the point you kill the hermit. I can't think of anyother objective that you can fail before it is given.

In Undercover you must be reading the credential for at least 3 seconds so that the voice and action match.
    That┤s my experience.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @Cigam - there is an objective in Song at the very beginning that says something like "don't kill Giry or anyone else you find in the caverns."

bassoferrol, yes I usually just open and shut the scroll.

Brethren, that only appears on Expert. So fair enough if you fail for killing the hermit or the first guard, as you were told not to. On Hard you only get the objective once you are up the rope. Again, fair enough if at that point you would fail for going back down and taking out Raoul.
    Last edited by Cigam; 11th Jul 2017 at 03:18.

A candlestick in Reuben's first floor (on a table in the southwest) is valued at 100, when it should be 50. Tracker doc modified.

Edit: The total available for the mission is therefore 2766, when it should be 2716.
    Last edited by klatremus; 13th Jul 2017 at 02:12.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I played mission Into the Maw of Chaos by restart mission and I can say that suicide by fire arrow, gas arrow, explosive mine and gas mine is possible, but statistics ignored it (0 damages received), why?

Zombified
    because LGS have coded it that way.

Floating beds in Donal's basement in Thieves Guild. Tracker doc modified.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    nope - 1.24d, this weekend, probably.
    Any new word on this, hope it is OK to enquire? Jonesing for the glum glums

Zombified
    trying to work out some kinks, but yeah, this has been dragging on, so I'll probably just wrap it up in the next couple of days. it's not like I can't finish stuff later.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    trying to work out some kinks, but yeah, this has been dragging on, so I'll probably just wrap it up in the next couple of days. it's not like I can't finish stuff later.
    Are we going to have the "Objective completed" message and sound finally?
    Another question: we have paintings that are repeated through the missions. Is there any way to have different sets per mission via DML or something?

Zombified
    yeah, that can be changed via dml, but is out of scope (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

also, yes on the ding-dong.

Zombified
    ding-dong.

not adding the link to the first post just yet as I have played around with too many bits of the monster, so hopefully you guys will test and confirm that things work as they should.

-fixed most reported problems (some geometry/texture stuff left alone because some brushes just don't want to cooperate - check the tracker)
    -goal notification should work for all OMs (but english only, no matter what language you use)
    -sound and text fixed in T1 little big world (text english only - if you have a german or french version of TG, post the contents of your M6littlebig.str found in books.crf\german or books.crf\french and I will fix properly)

Brilliant. Played first four missions and everything ding dongings as it should so far. Probably not observant enough to notice texture stuff but will report if find problems with the glum glums.

I think proper goal notification is the biggest improvement since...well the last one. But seriously, great to just have the glum glum to let you know you have picked up enough loot without having to keep checking totals or whether the objective is ticked, eac time you pick up somne new loot.

thanks again.

One other thing I have been wondering about, did TFix remove the need to kill the unconscious bugbeast in Bedfellows, if you trigger that objective? I am sure I remember in the past not finishing that objective until I had slashed it a few times, but now it seems you only need to deal with the four conscious ones?

Zombified
    I think so, but the change has been done before I took over map maintenance, that means it's been there for years now.

As soon as you start Thieves┤Guild the ding-dong sound and message pop up. Why?
    In Escape both in difficult and expert there┤s no ding-dong when you retrieve your stuff. Is it supposed to be that way? And that objective text in question disappears.

Zombified
    because the level is set up that way, most likely (and as the original game has no objective complete ding-dongs, it wasn't apparent until now). to make it work smoother, I will have to modify the levels.

just keep logging stuff and we'll see what can be done.

//quick check, the Escape objective disappearing is an orig.

//looks like the notification is not completely compatible with TG levels, I'm expecting issues in Mage Towers and Caverns as well.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 25th Jul 2017 at 12:56.

I have two gamesys.dml files in game:
    One is in OSM folder and the other one in game main folder.
    OSM folder:

DML1

//load extra scripts
    #script "script-t1"
    #script "nvscript"
    #script "squirrel"

Game root folder:
    DML1

//load extra scripts
    #script "script-t1"
    #script "nvscript"

there┤s no squirrel reference here. Is this OK?

Also:

ObjProp -137 "PhysAIColl"
    {
    "" false
    }

has been fixed? I don┤t remember what it was for but you suggested it could be added to gamesys.dml as a temporary fix.

Zombified
    this is why having all the stuff in the tracker is so important. will fix in the next release (change now applied in the wip build) - hopefully coming as soon as the fix for quest notification in TG missions is found.

two gamesys dmls are not a problem, but I guess I could get rid of the auxiliary one in the root (removed now in the wip build).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 25th Jul 2017 at 14:28.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    For some reasons the 1st goal in Escape isn't visible.
    You can fix it with a dml

+ObjProp 547 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 547 "TrapQVar"
    {
    "" =1:goal_visible_0
    }
    +ObjProp 283 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 0" TrigRoomPlayer
    }
    +Link 283 547 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }

The starting room is a concrete room brush, so TrigRoomPlayer will work there
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 25th Jul 2017 at 15:22.

Zombified
    was actually going to try something very similar, but that is only circumventing the problem - the question is, why does the objective set itself to invisible upon level start, even though everything seem to be set up properly?

also, this will only make the objective visible, but it will still be broken, which supports my theory that it became messed up somewhere along the level construction, and whoever was building the level simply gave up on it.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    I have no idea what caused this mess.
    One might set up some more triggers for the blackjack and the broadhead arrows linked to a RAT for this objective. This can be done with a dml.

It's a bug in miss12.osm. Rename it and goal #0 will be visible.
    There are 2 special scripts for this mission in miss12.osm.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 25th Jul 2017 at 18:14.

Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 45505560657075808590919293949596979899100 ... LastLast