TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 465156616671768186919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2536

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    I will be looking into this, but as it doesn't really affect anything, I'll just drop it into the tracker for now, as there are bigger fish to fry at the moment - 1.24e is up;

-barrel AI collision removed
    -backup gamesys dml in TG root removed (note that it is just not getting installed, meaning those who already have it have to delete it manually. or not, it's not doing anything bad there)
    -received an update to the goal notification script, meaning Guild, Towers and Caverns should now not display notifications of goal_target objectives until they are fully completed

very thorough testing of Guild, Towers and Caverns (seeing whether all objective complete notifications fire properly, especially if entering the exit level places before completing all objectives) would be really appreciated.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 25th Jul 2017 at 18:33.

The loot total in Thieves' Guild is still 50 too high. It should be 2716.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Zombified
    yep, forgot to throw in the updated dml. go me.

Also had erroneous ding dongs at beginning of Guild. One as soon as the mission began, and another while running down the tunnel to the left of the front door where they are having that conversation. But aside from that, have completed my playthrough with no other obvious ding donging errors anywhere.

P.S. I wonder why someone removed the need to kill the final insect-beast? Was someone a bit squeamish about being forced to murder unconscious enemies, perhaps.

P.P.S. Thanks once again to all comcermed for the ding dongs.

Zombified
    the erroneous ding dongs should be fixed in 1.24e (if not, let me know asap). pretty sure knocking of insects has been allowed because people who were knocking them out could end up with an incomplete objective because it's not very obvious that after knocking them down, you then actually need to slash them to death for the condition to clear.

anyway, loot and a few other things fixed, and we have 1.25 release candidate - unless something really annoying is found in the next couple of days, this will get linked in the first post as the full 1.25 by the end of the week.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 27th Jul 2017 at 10:15.

Zombified
    I remember fixing some stuff up there, but that has been months if not more - can you link the original report (or check whether it's fixed in 1.25)?

//ok, a post apparently got deleted - was replying to a post where marbleman (I think) was asking whether the top of fire tower has been fixed.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 27th Jul 2017 at 10:25.

Yeah, I deleted it after writing and decided to go check it myself.
    I haven't gotten to that point exactly, but I noticed that when stepping on hot tiles in the fire towers, Garrett yells his death scream. Was it always like that?

Zombified
    yes, afaik.

Alright, I checked, and it's still there.
    Making noise here

Alerts mages here if they are on higher walkways.

There is a door that is supposed to block sound, but it obviously does not.

Logged it. Roombrushing issues are always fun to fix, I know So if nothing can be done, leave it.
    Last edited by marbleman; 27th Jul 2017 at 11:23.

Zombified
    yeah, I remember that. fixable, but not exactly fun to fix. I'll have a(nother) look.

Zombified
    ok, here's a fix - overwrite miss16.mis with the one from the archive after patching up with 1.25rc. test the hell out of it if you want it to make 1.25full.

Hmm... I can't unpack the archive, there's some kind of error.

Zombified
    you'll need the latest 7zip.

Allright, it definitely looks like it's fixed. I jumped back a forth while the mage was patrolling the top walway, and he didn't alert.

Zombified
    no (new) anomalies in the rest of the tower?

Well, I haven't noticed any. If you make noise behind the door on the same level as mages, they still alert, but that's fine. At least you can make noise at the top level.
    In the rest of the tower, sound propagates pretty okay.

FWIW finished my 1.25 playthrough with no real issues. Guild ding dongs fixed also. Didn't play the training mission though, so for all I know the NPCs' heads could all be spinning Exorcist-style there.

Only glitch was in RttC on Expert where all I had left to do was bury the second Hammer. Murus just kept repeating "Please bury brother Martello" until he was dropped in the hole. At which point Murus just disappeared leaving the key behind, without his customary goodbye.

On the subject of unification, since light sources have been tweaked and loot amounts changed, then how about the following. There are two missions for which you cannot buy anything before the mission begins, Escape! and Maw. Maw just starts straight away whereas Escape! requires you to click past a superfluous loadout screen that you cannot buy anything at. Seems both should just start straight away.

Zombified
    yeah, RttC is due for a good hammering, a lot of unoiled gears grinding around. loadout screens are an unexplored territory, but no harm in logging it into the tracker.

basically, log whatever you've got, worst thing that can happen is that I won't be able to replicate.

//1.25 full is live.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 30th Jul 2017 at 13:10.

I was messing around with integrating the new VictoryAuxCheck into my own custom NewDark configuration and was wondering if adding this to the gamesys.dml would have any ramifications? I don't really know anything about dmls or the dark engine.

//adding the objective notification script to Garrett
    ObjProp -2099 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 3" "VictoryCheckAux"
    }

This seems to allow me to avoid individual mission dml changes for the new script and in light testing works for FMs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandall View Post
    I was messing around with integrating the new VictoryAuxCheck into my own custom NewDark configuration and was wondering if adding this to the gamesys.dml would have any ramifications? I don't really know anything about dmls or the dark engine.

//adding the objective notification script to Garrett
    ObjProp -2099 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 3" "VictoryCheckAux"
    }

This seems to allow me to avoid individual mission dml changes for the new script and in light testing works for FMs as well.
    I think the answer is "yes" as long as you have squirrel.osm in OSM folder.
    But voodoo47 should know better.

Zombified
    yeah, that will work, but not sure how safe it is to enable VictoryCheckAux globally - as we have witnessed, just a slight difference in objective setups can result in unintended behavior.

also pretty sure it will break things should some FM already have some script assigned to the -2099 Script3 slot.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 31st Jul 2017 at 09:28.

Thanks for the info.
    I assume by unintended behavior you mean that it will display the message and play the sound inappropriately, not break the objective system?

Zombified
    nothing is impossible with Dark, but I'd say yeah, there is very little potential for game breaking issues - as long as no slot3 script is being overwritten, that is.

one way or another, do keep me informed about odd stuff, should you plan to play FMs with VictoryCheckAux enabled globally - thanks.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 31st Jul 2017 at 14:52.

It awesome that Thief Gold finally has the objective complete text and chime and Durandall's custom newdark config sounds awesome,hopefully their won't be too many bugs of incompatibilities with FM's cause it could be a huge labor savor in removing the need to make dml's for each individual fm to add the the new behavior.It could remove the work all together and greatly shrink the job to only the misson's that take issue with VictoryCheckAux being enabled globally.This is awesome stuff,I love seeing the progress everything has taken since Newdark and this is a long awaited Quality of Life change that has finally come to Thief Gold after 18 years.

I played mission Escape! on expert difficulty and in shop I had three required objectives, in game only two required objectives. Possible to fix it?

Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 465156616671768186919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast