TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 465156616671768186919293949596
Results 2,376 to 2,398 of 2398

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Floating beds in Donal's basement in Thieves Guild. Tracker doc modified.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    nope - 1.24d, this weekend, probably.
    Any new word on this, hope it is OK to enquire? Jonesing for the glum glums

Zombified
    trying to work out some kinks, but yeah, this has been dragging on, so I'll probably just wrap it up in the next couple of days. it's not like I can't finish stuff later.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    trying to work out some kinks, but yeah, this has been dragging on, so I'll probably just wrap it up in the next couple of days. it's not like I can't finish stuff later.
    Are we going to have the "Objective completed" message and sound finally?
    Another question: we have paintings that are repeated through the missions. Is there any way to have different sets per mission via DML or something?

Zombified
    yeah, that can be changed via dml, but is out of scope (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

also, yes on the ding-dong.

Zombified
    ding-dong.

not adding the link to the first post just yet as I have played around with too many bits of the monster, so hopefully you guys will test and confirm that things work as they should.

-fixed most reported problems (some geometry/texture stuff left alone because some brushes just don't want to cooperate - check the tracker)
    -goal notification should work for all OMs (but english only, no matter what language you use)
    -sound and text fixed in T1 little big world (text english only - if you have a german or french version of TG, post the contents of your M6littlebig.str found in books.crf\german or books.crf\french and I will fix properly)

Brilliant. Played first four missions and everything ding dongings as it should so far. Probably not observant enough to notice texture stuff but will report if find problems with the glum glums.

I think proper goal notification is the biggest improvement since...well the last one. But seriously, great to just have the glum glum to let you know you have picked up enough loot without having to keep checking totals or whether the objective is ticked, eac time you pick up somne new loot.

thanks again.

One other thing I have been wondering about, did TFix remove the need to kill the unconscious bugbeast in Bedfellows, if you trigger that objective? I am sure I remember in the past not finishing that objective until I had slashed it a few times, but now it seems you only need to deal with the four conscious ones?

Zombified
    I think so, but the change has been done before I took over map maintenance, that means it's been there for years now.

As soon as you start Thieves┤Guild the ding-dong sound and message pop up. Why?
    In Escape both in difficult and expert there┤s no ding-dong when you retrieve your stuff. Is it supposed to be that way? And that objective text in question disappears.

Zombified
    because the level is set up that way, most likely (and as the original game has no objective complete ding-dongs, it wasn't apparent until now). to make it work smoother, I will have to modify the levels.

just keep logging stuff and we'll see what can be done.

//quick check, the Escape objective disappearing is an orig.

//looks like the notification is not completely compatible with TG levels, I'm expecting issues in Mage Towers and Caverns as well.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 25th Jul 2017 at 11:56.

I have two gamesys.dml files in game:
    One is in OSM folder and the other one in game main folder.
    OSM folder:

DML1

//load extra scripts
    #script "script-t1"
    #script "nvscript"
    #script "squirrel"

Game root folder:
    DML1

//load extra scripts
    #script "script-t1"
    #script "nvscript"

there┤s no squirrel reference here. Is this OK?

Also:

ObjProp -137 "PhysAIColl"
    {
    "" false
    }

has been fixed? I don┤t remember what it was for but you suggested it could be added to gamesys.dml as a temporary fix.

Zombified
    this is why having all the stuff in the tracker is so important. will fix in the next release (change now applied in the wip build) - hopefully coming as soon as the fix for quest notification in TG missions is found.

two gamesys dmls are not a problem, but I guess I could get rid of the auxiliary one in the root (removed now in the wip build).
    Last edited by voodoo47; 25th Jul 2017 at 13:28.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    For some reasons the 1st goal in Escape isn't visible.
    You can fix it with a dml

+ObjProp 547 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 547 "TrapQVar"
    {
    "" =1:goal_visible_0
    }
    +ObjProp 283 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 0" TrigRoomPlayer
    }
    +Link 283 547 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }

The starting room is a concrete room brush, so TrigRoomPlayer will work there
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 25th Jul 2017 at 14:22.

Zombified
    was actually going to try something very similar, but that is only circumventing the problem - the question is, why does the objective set itself to invisible upon level start, even though everything seem to be set up properly?

also, this will only make the objective visible, but it will still be broken, which supports my theory that it became messed up somewhere along the level construction, and whoever was building the level simply gave up on it.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    I have no idea what caused this mess.
    One might set up some more triggers for the blackjack and the broadhead arrows linked to a RAT for this objective. This can be done with a dml.

It's a bug in miss12.osm. Rename it and goal #0 will be visible.
    There are 2 special scripts for this mission in miss12.osm.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 25th Jul 2017 at 17:14.

Zombified
    I will be looking into this, but as it doesn't really affect anything, I'll just drop it into the tracker for now, as there are bigger fish to fry at the moment - 1.24e is up;

-barrel AI collision removed
    -backup gamesys dml in TG root removed (note that it is just not getting installed, meaning those who already have it have to delete it manually. or not, it's not doing anything bad there)
    -received an update to the goal notification script, meaning Guild, Towers and Caverns should now not display notifications of goal_target objectives until they are fully completed

very thorough testing of Guild, Towers and Caverns (seeing whether all objective complete notifications fire properly, especially if entering the exit level places before completing all objectives) would be really appreciated.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 25th Jul 2017 at 17:33.

The loot total in Thieves' Guild is still 50 too high. It should be 2716.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Zombified
    yep, forgot to throw in the updated dml. go me.

Also had erroneous ding dongs at beginning of Guild. One as soon as the mission began, and another while running down the tunnel to the left of the front door where they are having that conversation. But aside from that, have completed my playthrough with no other obvious ding donging errors anywhere.

P.S. I wonder why someone removed the need to kill the final insect-beast? Was someone a bit squeamish about being forced to murder unconscious enemies, perhaps.

P.P.S. Thanks once again to all comcermed for the ding dongs.

Zombified
    the erroneous ding dongs should be fixed in 1.24e (if not, let me know asap). pretty sure knocking of insects has been allowed because people who were knocking them out could end up with an incomplete objective because it's not very obvious that after knocking them down, you then actually need to slash them to death for the condition to clear.

anyway, loot and a few other things fixed, and we have 1.25 release candidate - unless something really annoying is found in the next couple of days, this will get linked in the first post as the full 1.25 by the end of the week.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 27th Jul 2017 at 09:15.

Zombified
    I remember fixing some stuff up there, but that has been months if not more - can you link the original report (or check whether it's fixed in 1.25)?

//ok, a post apparently got deleted - was replying to a post where marbleman (I think) was asking whether the top of fire tower has been fixed.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 27th Jul 2017 at 09:25.

Yeah, I deleted it after writing and decided to go check it myself.
    I haven't gotten to that point exactly, but I noticed that when stepping on hot tiles in the fire towers, Garrett yells his death scream. Was it always like that?

Zombified
    yes, afaik.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 465156616671768186919293949596