TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4752576267727782879293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2526

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    ok, here's a fix - overwrite miss16.mis with the one from the archive after patching up with 1.25rc. test the hell out of it if you want it to make 1.25full.

Hmm... I can't unpack the archive, there's some kind of error.

Zombified
    you'll need the latest 7zip.

Allright, it definitely looks like it's fixed. I jumped back a forth while the mage was patrolling the top walway, and he didn't alert.

Zombified
    no (new) anomalies in the rest of the tower?

Well, I haven't noticed any. If you make noise behind the door on the same level as mages, they still alert, but that's fine. At least you can make noise at the top level.
    In the rest of the tower, sound propagates pretty okay.

FWIW finished my 1.25 playthrough with no real issues. Guild ding dongs fixed also. Didn't play the training mission though, so for all I know the NPCs' heads could all be spinning Exorcist-style there.

Only glitch was in RttC on Expert where all I had left to do was bury the second Hammer. Murus just kept repeating "Please bury brother Martello" until he was dropped in the hole. At which point Murus just disappeared leaving the key behind, without his customary goodbye.

On the subject of unification, since light sources have been tweaked and loot amounts changed, then how about the following. There are two missions for which you cannot buy anything before the mission begins, Escape! and Maw. Maw just starts straight away whereas Escape! requires you to click past a superfluous loadout screen that you cannot buy anything at. Seems both should just start straight away.

Zombified
    yeah, RttC is due for a good hammering, a lot of unoiled gears grinding around. loadout screens are an unexplored territory, but no harm in logging it into the tracker.

basically, log whatever you've got, worst thing that can happen is that I won't be able to replicate.

//1.25 full is live.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 30th Jul 2017 at 12:10.

I was messing around with integrating the new VictoryAuxCheck into my own custom NewDark configuration and was wondering if adding this to the gamesys.dml would have any ramifications? I don't really know anything about dmls or the dark engine.

//adding the objective notification script to Garrett
    ObjProp -2099 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 3" "VictoryCheckAux"
    }

This seems to allow me to avoid individual mission dml changes for the new script and in light testing works for FMs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandall View Post
    I was messing around with integrating the new VictoryAuxCheck into my own custom NewDark configuration and was wondering if adding this to the gamesys.dml would have any ramifications? I don't really know anything about dmls or the dark engine.

//adding the objective notification script to Garrett
    ObjProp -2099 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 3" "VictoryCheckAux"
    }

This seems to allow me to avoid individual mission dml changes for the new script and in light testing works for FMs as well.
    I think the answer is "yes" as long as you have squirrel.osm in OSM folder.
    But voodoo47 should know better.

Zombified
    yeah, that will work, but not sure how safe it is to enable VictoryCheckAux globally - as we have witnessed, just a slight difference in objective setups can result in unintended behavior.

also pretty sure it will break things should some FM already have some script assigned to the -2099 Script3 slot.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 31st Jul 2017 at 08:28.

Thanks for the info.
    I assume by unintended behavior you mean that it will display the message and play the sound inappropriately, not break the objective system?

Zombified
    nothing is impossible with Dark, but I'd say yeah, there is very little potential for game breaking issues - as long as no slot3 script is being overwritten, that is.

one way or another, do keep me informed about odd stuff, should you plan to play FMs with VictoryCheckAux enabled globally - thanks.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 31st Jul 2017 at 13:52.

It awesome that Thief Gold finally has the objective complete text and chime and Durandall's custom newdark config sounds awesome,hopefully their won't be too many bugs of incompatibilities with FM's cause it could be a huge labor savor in removing the need to make dml's for each individual fm to add the the new behavior.It could remove the work all together and greatly shrink the job to only the misson's that take issue with VictoryCheckAux being enabled globally.This is awesome stuff,I love seeing the progress everything has taken since Newdark and this is a long awaited Quality of Life change that has finally come to Thief Gold after 18 years.

I played mission Escape! on expert difficulty and in shop I had three required objectives, in game only two required objectives. Possible to fix it?

Zombified
    it's been mentioned a few posts ago, it is currently logged in the tracker (low priority/investigating). it's a script thing, so it's yucky.

"Get your stuff" - what I think about it? I think that it means that only need to sneak your blackjack, or sneak all objects from the map (except loot?). This is standard objective or optional objective, rather this first.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    This will fix it
    Code:
    DML1

//T1/TG OM Escape: Fix for objective "Get your stuff back"//miss12.mis.dml

+ObjProp 377 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 377 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_visible_0
    }
    +ObjProp 916 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrigContained
    }
    +Link 916 377 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 553 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 553 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_0
    }
    +ObjProp 654 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigContained
    }
    +ObjProp 97 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigContained
    }
    +ObjProp 923 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigContained
    }
    +ObjProp 654 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "World Action" Move, Script
        "Inv Action" Script, FocusScript
        "Tool Action" Script, FocusScript
    }
    +ObjProp 97 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "Inv Action" Script, FocusScript, UseAmmo
        "Tool Action" Script, FocusScript, UseAmmo
    }
    +ObjProp 923 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "Inv Action" Script, FocusScript
        "Tool Action" Script, FocusScript
    }
    +ObjProp 527 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrapRequireall
    }
    +Link 654 527 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 97 527 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 923 527 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 527 553 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }

What is this? There are DromEd commands?

This is a dml. Save it as miss12.mis.txt and rename it to miss12.mis.dml
    and put it in the root folder
    or add the code to an already existing miss12.mis.dml.

There is something wrong with my Thief installation, because I have Thief Gold, but Escape! is as 10 mission. Should be as 12 mission.

I rewrited this long code that should be copied (maybe my typo?). In code there is "12" but I tested as 12 and 10 and it not work.

Even if is possible to make this objective as active by this code it should be active also with OldDark. I understand that DML fixes are not supported with OldDark, right?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 8th Aug 2017 at 08:20.

This is very unlikely. How would you know this? Did you open miss12 or miss10 in DromEd? Miss10 is "Undercover".
    You don't have to type this code. Just copy and paste it in a txt file. The "reply with quote"-button will help you.

Mission Escape! in DromEd is as 12 mission and in game is as 10 mission (I have in file DARK.CFG code starting_mission 10).

It's miss12.mis. The dml is correct. The entry in whatever cfg file doesn't matter.

So, my question is - with this code objective will be fixed also in OldDark?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 8th Aug 2017 at 09:21.

Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4752576267727782879293949596979899100101 ... LastLast