TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 48535863687378838893949596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2526

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    it will have to be edited into the map, which is something I may, or may not do.

the dml will not work with the oldDark exe, obviously.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    it will have to be edited into the map, which is something I may, or may not do.
    It's just a fix for people who asked for it.

This time I installed Thief Gold on another computer and I see better results - I copied this code to file. I can say that objective works correctly at the start, problem is when my objective is completed - after save and load this game this objective will disappear for some reason. I can't keep this objective in memory after game load. Why?

Sorry, I never reloaded. It's because after a reload, the osm is cancling the objective again. I think about it.

A trivial matter but is the trigger point for the 'enter Bafford's manor' objective in the correct place? It ding dongs as soon as you fall down the well, even though that is not the mansion. Seems to me the objective should complete once you enter the cellar and get the line "Inside at last".

Zombified
    it's in its original place. I was thinking about moving it, but decided to wait and see whether someone would complain about it. log it, and I will move it in the next release, most likely.

Another code that will work correctly for mission Escape! exists?

Is it known whether T1 and T2's cam_ext can be safely swapped with eachother?

I have T1 all set up and it would be quicker to copy and past its cam_ext into T2 to save having to manually edit a bunch of settings in T2's cam_ext.

Just finished Thieves' Guild with 1.25 and I never got a single objective confirmation alert...
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Zombified
    it's objective completion confirmations you are supposed to be getting, and they work, just double checked on a fresh TG install.

anything out of ordinary about your TG, like maybe running some non-english version?

Small bugreport is here for mission Strange Bedfellows (no sound propagation and mushrooms in air) - https://www.sendspace.com/file/20ht1c

Zombified
    I present thee the magical bugtracker, where everything should be logged.

I decided to copy this DML code by Unna Oertdottir,

Code:
    DML1

//T1/TG OM Escape: Fix for objective "Get your stuff back"//miss12.mis.dml

+ObjProp 377 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 377 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_visible_0
    }
    +ObjProp 916 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrigContained
    }
    +Link 916 377 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 553 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 553 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_0
    }
    +ObjProp 654 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigContained
    }
    +ObjProp 97 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigContained
    }
    +ObjProp 923 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigContained
    }
    +ObjProp 654 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "World Action" Move, Script
        "Inv Action" Script, FocusScript
        "Tool Action" Script, FocusScript
    }
    +ObjProp 97 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "Inv Action" Script, FocusScript, UseAmmo
        "Tool Action" Script, FocusScript, UseAmmo
    }
    +ObjProp 923 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "Inv Action" Script, FocusScript
        "Tool Action" Script, FocusScript
    }
    +ObjProp 527 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrapRequireall
    }
    +Link 654 527 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 97 527 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 923 527 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 527 553 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    I detected new bug in this code - I started mission Escape! on hard and expert difficulty and there is the same, only need to start mission, grab rope arrow and blackjack without noisemaker arrow, then jump to nest and grab flash bomb, noisemaker arrow, mine, broadhead arrow, gas mine, gas arrow and one loot, return to start place and grab noisemaker arrow. My objective is incomplete in this case for some reason.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 12th Aug 2017 at 13:50.

As I wrote, the osm is resetting the objective again. So don't use the dml yet.

I just tested Escape! objective with Thief: the Dark Project version 1.14 and I know that this is also inactive. In this version any codes will not work like starting_mission X. Thief 1.14 is as first Thief version even made as I know.

Linux user

Hi I'm trying to patch a fresh installed GOG Thief Gold version to 1.25. using T-fix and/or T-fix lite

I get this error when starting up the fm selector:

"Failed to initialize 7-zip library, archive support will be disabled"

I've used T-fix before and so far both T2 and Tgold just runs as good as they can on Linux Mint 17.3 (running on playonlinux virtual drive) which is almost perfectly.

I guess that it's a linux issue because, I did boot up the old windows 7 and made a fresh install and patched it, and it just worked (in windows).

I also tried to copy the windows 7 installation to the linux drive, but it's the same result.

The game runs fine though, only unpacking fm's a problem.

I did try to use the old version of 7z.dll - same result.

In thief2 I have newdark version 1.25 with Large Areas enabled. No problems with archive's there.
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 14th Aug 2017 at 15:00. Reason: Added information

Zombified
    pretty sure both TFix and Tafferpatcher use the same 7zip dll, so no idea why it works with one but not with the other.

pretty sure both TFix and Tafferpatcher use the same 7zip dll, so no idea why it works with one but not with the other.
    Yes I agree, but it was a shot in the dark, I'm pretty sure that the answer lies elsewhere. :-)

I also tried to update wine to version 2.13 - the newest available in my system, and also updated mono and gecko to versions that supports the newest version of wine. No luck there.

I guess that until I get it sorted out I will give the new darkloader a go.

Dang. New darkloader v 1.5 doesn't run in my Linux installation. Wine crashes - so no workaround there.

The thing I love about the built in fm loader is that it's a no fuzz fm loader. (Until now that is)

And believe me not every game runs as smoothly as Thief/Gold/2 does under Linux with "wine" - many games doesn't even run at all.

In fact I can't tell the difference between playing Thief/Gold/2 under windows 7 or Linux.

Linux user

UPDATE:

So after trying a lot of odd things to budge this fm-loader problem I've got, I just tried to overwrite the new 7z.dll with the older version that came with the T-fix that installed newdark 1.24.

It works.
    FM loader says version 1.25 and the in game text confirms it - it runs newdark 1.25 and it's able to unpack fm's.

I began by copying the content of Tfix-lite 1.25 to the Thief Gold installation folder one file at the time, and that's when I discovered that 7z.dll were the culprit.

Afterwards I gave Thief Gold the full Tfix package with all included, except the legacy dark engine - and it produced the "Failed to initialize 7-zip library, archive support will be disabled" error.

That is until I again replaced the 7z.dll.

I also tried to use the Thief2 7z.dll that came with newdark 1.25 in the Thief Gold installation just to double check. It produced the same error. And I tried to use the T-fix 7z.dll in my Thief2 folder. It worked fine here.

So to summon up - the new 7z.dll doesn't work in Thief Gold, but it does in Thief2.
    (That is in Linux Mint 17.3 or Linux Ubuntu 14-04 running under wine and playonlinux)
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 15th Aug 2017 at 10:53. Reason: Added information

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post
    UPDATE:

So after trying a lot of odd things to budge this fm-loader problem I've got, I just tried to overwrite the new 7z.dll with the older version that came with the T-fix that installed newdark 1.24.

It works.
    FM loader says version 1.25 and the in game text confirms it - it runs newdark 1.25 and it's able to unpack fm's.

I began by copying the content of Tfix-lite 1.25 to the Thief Gold installation folder one file at the time, and that's when I discovered that 7z.dll were the culprit.

Afterwards I gave Thief Gold the full Tfix package with all included, except the legacy dark engine - and it produced the "Failed to initialize 7-zip library, archive support will be disabled" error.

That is until I again replaced the 7z.dll.

I did also try to use the Thief2 7z.dll that came with newdark 1.25 in the Thief Gold installation just to double check. It produced the same error. And I tried to use the T-fix 7z.dll in my Thief2 folder. It worked fine here.

So to summon up - the new 7z.dll doesn't work in Thief Gold, but it does in Thief2.
    (That is in Linux Mint 17.3 or Linux Ubuntu 14-04 running under wine and playonlinux)
    Btw: I'm aware that this is a contradiction to myself in what I stated in this thread regarding swapping the 7z.dll : http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2367341

, but the solution that worked in the end, were a newdark 1.24 that I've patched - and not a fresh GOG installation.

Maybe I made an error when swapping the 7z.dll the first time.

Where are all rope arrows and all noisemaker arrows in mission Escape!, who know? By DromEd is possible to check it? I mentioned of course two locations that starting place and nest in the middle.

Open the mission in DromEd
    Into the console, type
    run objlist.cmd
    open monolog.txt
    search for
    "noise" and "Ropearrow". Note the numbers and seach for it (F3)-->(F8)

Open monolog.txt = No such Command. I have installed DromEd 1.37 of course.

Install the DromEd Toolkit to get objlist.cmd
    monolog.txt is a file in the main folder. Open it with notepad or whatever.

Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 48535863687378838893949596979899100101102 LastLast