TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 48535863687378838893949596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2540

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Linux user

Hi I'm trying to patch a fresh installed GOG Thief Gold version to 1.25. using T-fix and/or T-fix lite

I get this error when starting up the fm selector:

"Failed to initialize 7-zip library, archive support will be disabled"

I've used T-fix before and so far both T2 and Tgold just runs as good as they can on Linux Mint 17.3 (running on playonlinux virtual drive) which is almost perfectly.

I guess that it's a linux issue because, I did boot up the old windows 7 and made a fresh install and patched it, and it just worked (in windows).

I also tried to copy the windows 7 installation to the linux drive, but it's the same result.

The game runs fine though, only unpacking fm's a problem.

I did try to use the old version of 7z.dll - same result.

In thief2 I have newdark version 1.25 with Large Areas enabled. No problems with archive's there.
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 14th Aug 2017 at 16:00. Reason: Added information

Zombified
    pretty sure both TFix and Tafferpatcher use the same 7zip dll, so no idea why it works with one but not with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    pretty sure both TFix and Tafferpatcher use the same 7zip dll, so no idea why it works with one but not with the other.
    Yes I agree, but it was a shot in the dark, I'm pretty sure that the answer lies elsewhere. :-)

I also tried to update wine to version 2.13 - the newest available in my system, and also updated mono and gecko to versions that supports the newest version of wine. No luck there.

I guess that until I get it sorted out I will give the new darkloader a go.

Dang. New darkloader v 1.5 doesn't run in my Linux installation. Wine crashes - so no workaround there.

The thing I love about the built in fm loader is that it's a no fuzz fm loader. (Until now that is)

And believe me not every game runs as smoothly as Thief/Gold/2 does under Linux with "wine" - many games doesn't even run at all.

In fact I can't tell the difference between playing Thief/Gold/2 under windows 7 or Linux.

Linux user

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    UPDATE:

So after trying a lot of odd things to budge this fm-loader problem I've got, I just tried to overwrite the new 7z.dll with the older version that came with the T-fix that installed newdark 1.24.

It works.
    FM loader says version 1.25 and the in game text confirms it - it runs newdark 1.25 and it's able to unpack fm's.

I began by copying the content of Tfix-lite 1.25 to the Thief Gold installation folder one file at the time, and that's when I discovered that 7z.dll were the culprit.

Afterwards I gave Thief Gold the full Tfix package with all included, except the legacy dark engine - and it produced the "Failed to initialize 7-zip library, archive support will be disabled" error.

That is until I again replaced the 7z.dll.

I also tried to use the Thief2 7z.dll that came with newdark 1.25 in the Thief Gold installation just to double check. It produced the same error. And I tried to use the T-fix 7z.dll in my Thief2 folder. It worked fine here.

So to summon up - the new 7z.dll doesn't work in Thief Gold, but it does in Thief2.
    (That is in Linux Mint 17.3 or Linux Ubuntu 14-04 running under wine and playonlinux)
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 15th Aug 2017 at 11:53. Reason: Added information

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post
    UPDATE:

So after trying a lot of odd things to budge this fm-loader problem I've got, I just tried to overwrite the new 7z.dll with the older version that came with the T-fix that installed newdark 1.24.

It works.
    FM loader says version 1.25 and the in game text confirms it - it runs newdark 1.25 and it's able to unpack fm's.

I began by copying the content of Tfix-lite 1.25 to the Thief Gold installation folder one file at the time, and that's when I discovered that 7z.dll were the culprit.

Afterwards I gave Thief Gold the full Tfix package with all included, except the legacy dark engine - and it produced the "Failed to initialize 7-zip library, archive support will be disabled" error.

That is until I again replaced the 7z.dll.

I did also try to use the Thief2 7z.dll that came with newdark 1.25 in the Thief Gold installation just to double check. It produced the same error. And I tried to use the T-fix 7z.dll in my Thief2 folder. It worked fine here.

So to summon up - the new 7z.dll doesn't work in Thief Gold, but it does in Thief2.
    (That is in Linux Mint 17.3 or Linux Ubuntu 14-04 running under wine and playonlinux)
    Btw: I'm aware that this is a contradiction to myself in what I stated in this thread regarding swapping the 7z.dll : http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2367341

, but the solution that worked in the end, were a newdark 1.24 that I've patched - and not a fresh GOG installation.

Maybe I made an error when swapping the 7z.dll the first time.

Where are all rope arrows and all noisemaker arrows in mission Escape!, who know? By DromEd is possible to check it? I mentioned of course two locations that starting place and nest in the middle.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Open the mission in DromEd
    Into the console, type
    run objlist.cmd
    open monolog.txt
    search for
    "noise" and "Ropearrow". Note the numbers and seach for it (F3)-->(F8)

Open monolog.txt = No such Command. I have installed DromEd 1.37 of course.

Install the DromEd Toolkit to get objlist.cmd
    monolog.txt is a file in the main folder. Open it with notepad or whatever.

What about changing the loot values of candlesticks in the Guild and RttC? Is that implemented yet or will it be later?
    Also, if they are changed, the loot total has to be adjusted not only for these 2 missions but also in Escape because the loot from RttC carries over there.

I copied DromEd 1.37 to Thief Gold. Next I copied DromEd Toolkit to Thief Gold. I clicked DROMED.EXE and I see message that - Cannot find GUI font (File: uigame.cpp, Line: 60) (Yes to trap, No to exit, Cancel to ignore). Is possible to select Yes, No and Cancel. I clicked Cancel and program name is DromEd Final 1.18 MSVC opt playtest. What is wrong?

Of course it's wrong. Read the installation note.

I skipped installation note. As first I copied DromEd Toolkit to Thief Gold and as second DromEd 1.37 to Thief Gold. In black console I used this command objlist.cmd and in file monolog.txt I can see something like this - A noise (23), A noise (33), A noise (203), A noise (385), A noise (386), A noise (659), A noise (923), A RopeArrow (61), A RopeArrow (95), A RopeArrow (96), A RopeArrow (97), A RopeArrow (144), A RopeArrow (171), A RopeArrow (922).

Looks like there are 7 noisemaker arrows and 7 rope arrows in mission Escape!, now I want to watch this in solid world, how?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 16th Aug 2017 at 12:17.

Summarizing, in how many places in Escape! is possible to find noisemaker arrows and rope arrows?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 16th Aug 2017 at 13:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    A noise (23)
    Press F3, type "23" press F8 to go there.
    This is not the Editor's Guild, so post DromEd questions there.

With this DML code in mission Escape! I tested another noisemaker arrow (to go there only need to go to right, right and left side to cube brush). As first I grabbed rope arrow and blackjack from start place (without noisemaker arrow), then I grabbed this second noisemaker arrow and finally I grabbed noisemaker arrow from start place, in this case is impossible to complete objective "get your stuff back". I understood that all noisemaker arrows from Escape! are buggy.

EDIT: The same bug is with rope arrow from place near second noisemaker arrow.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 17th Aug 2017 at 06:04.

Zombified
    the loot stuff should be fixed, feel free to test and report.

Will do. I also noticed some roombrushing issues in Thieves Guild. Will log later. Do you need saves for those or will screenshots be enough?

2716/2716 in the Guild. But wasn't it always 2716? What exactly was changed with loot values?
    2126/2126 in RttC. Again, I think this is how much it was before.

When Murus said "Meet me at my grave," he was standing here:

I have a save for that. Let me know if you need it.
    Last edited by marbleman; 17th Aug 2017 at 17:48.

Zombified
    as long as a fair chunk of the room s visible, I should be able to identify it and no save should be necessary.

not quite sure what you meant by the Guild loot - I simply fixed the incorrect loot values on a few concretes, and that has solved the issue as far as I could tell.

What I mean is that I thought changing loot values of concrete items would change the loot total that the mission has, but it's the same. Anyway, it's not an issue, the main thing is that all loot is still available in both Guild and RttC.

Guild roombrushing.
    1. North Basement.

There's a window, and the door does not cover the whole doorway, but I almost can't hear that thief.

2. Rueben's. Cannot hear these thieves.

Logged to the tracker with the link to this post.
    Last edited by marbleman; 17th Aug 2017 at 17:58.

I hope no one minds me asking here when it's sort of off-topic sincei t's not a TFix specific fault, but I don't know these forums and Steam hasn't been very helpful yet. All of a sudden OpenAL stopped working on all DarkPlaces games. I've reinstalled OpenAL and restarted but it still only gives me the option of EAX on or off, in which case on doesn't seem to change anything. I had this working for ages so anyone know what's up?

In missions Cragscleft, Undercover and Return to the Cathedral broadhead arrows won´t attach to wooden surfaces.
    Any reason for that to happen?

Zombified
    it's set up that way in the original game. log it, I think it's something that should be fixed.

Why is Cutty cut in half after reloading?
    Any hint?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byh...ew?usp=sharing

Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 48535863687378838893949596979899100101102 LastLast