TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 495459646974798489949596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2536

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

I detected this small texture in Escape! that is visible as hewstc (texture 63), but should be mstone02 (texture 89), link to download - https://www.sendspace.com/file/4rgh35

Zombified
    it's near obj 292 - log it into the tracker.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Why is Cutty cut in half after reloading?
    he has a pose set, which will result in that exact behavior (pose being reset) after reload. a very easy fix, but do log it anyway.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    In missions Cragscleft, Undercover and Return to the Cathedral broadhead arrows won´t attach to wooden surfaces.
    Any reason for that to happen?
    This is intentional. The collsion type of the arrows in the inventory is set to slay on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    This is intentional. The collsion type of the arrows in the inventory is set to slay on impact.
    Only these 3 missions in Thief Gold, probably 0 missions in Thief 2. Maybe intentional maybe not, in Strange Bedfellows is possible to grab broadhead arrows from wood but not in Undercover. This should be possible or impossible in these two missions (I think that should be possible).

Strange Bedfellows=buggy version of Undercover (at least in my opinion), but this bug exists in Undercover and not in Strange Bedfellows.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 26th Aug 2017 at 13:20.

Zombified
    indeed they are set to slay on impact, so this should be just a simple dml fix. and yes, I also think this is an anomaly that should be fixed - I think I'll roll out 1.25b in a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    indeed they are set to slay on impact, so this should be just a simple dml fix. and yes, I also think this is an anomaly that should be fixed - I think I'll roll out 1.25b in a day or two.
    Exactly. Wood is still wood.

But why only DML? Would be nice to see this fix into the map.

And don´t forget to fix as many floating object as possible as well as sound propagation issues, Cutty....
    It´s been a month without fixes.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    Wood is still wood.
    hard to argue with that. unless it's the morning kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    But why only DML? Would be nice to see this fix into the map.
    because I like dmls - they are the perfect fixlog/changelog. you want it to work under oldDark as well, am I right? guess I'll make a hard edit just for you, so you'll have your wood the way you like it no matter the engine version.

btw, processed the last few reports - guys, try one type of problem (like objects floating) on just one map per line if possible, please (so "following objects float at Cragscleft" is good, "sound propagation problems and missing light at Assassins and objects floating in Undercover" in the same field is bad). I know it's an extra bit of work, but we need to keep things organized.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 27th Aug 2017 at 18:05.

All wooden ladders sound like metal ladders.
    This should be fixed?

Zombified
    hmm, this is not as easy as it may sound, as they originally were untextured (the horizontal bars) = open to interpretation. TFix adds the extra texturing so now they are all wood, but making them sound like wood would affect difficulty, as it would make them much quieter.

as always, log it, we'll see.

hmm, this is not as easy as it may sound, as they originally were untextured (the horizontal bars) = open to interpretation. TFix adds the extra texturing so now they are all wood, but making them sound like wood would affect difficulty, as it would make them much quieter.

as always, log it, we'll see.
    If trying to fix this makes things worse, don´t do it.

I wonder who rings the bell if both Ramirez and servant boy have been knocked out.
    Uploaded file in bugtracker.

Zombified
    Limpy Joe i such a good servant he literally rings himself. shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

//unable to replicate, no bell ringing if Ramirez is down. the setup looks good, no wonky bits as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 3rd Sep 2017 at 13:48.

Zombified
    ok, 1.25b is up, all the small tweaks from the doc should be in (also, enabled the ding-dongs globally. anyone having issues with them when playing FMs is welcome to post and cry in this topic).

time to slip out of the Thiefy shoes and put on the Shocky goggles - cold weather has hit over here, reminding me that Halloween is drawing closer, and SCP beta4 1.0 is waiting.

I tested mission Lord Bafford's Manor. I saw that archer's broadhead arrows (in wood) will disappear after about 60 seconds, my broadhead arrows (in wood) are stable. Something should be fixed?

Offtopic is here that I was able to eliminate bunnyhopping from Thief 1 by parameter jump_speed_boost 0.8 from file cam_ext.cfg.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 8th Sep 2017 at 06:43.

Zombified
    that sounds very intentional - archers technically have infinite arrows, so they could put infinite amount of them into a wooden surface should the player manage to find a blind spot, and infinite is not an amount of objects you want to have in your level.

Uploaded file in bugtracker.
    I wouldn´t mind seeing the fix here as a text file as you´ve done several times before. I´ll quickly add it to my miss13.mis.dml file if you don´t mind.

Zombified
    it's miss15, but why not;
    Code:
    -ObjProp 682 "PhysType"
    ObjProp 682 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" -404.65, 7.1439, 22.7265
    }
    +ObjProp 682 "PhysType"
    {
    	"Type" OBB
    	"# Submodels" 6
    }
    @Klatremus: one screenshot in the tracker is 404, also the last few reports need saves - contrary to popular belief, I do not have all the levels engraved in my memory (yet*), so I can't find (about half of) the problematic areas unless a save is provided. as mentioned in the first post, a save is something I really need for quick and effective fixing (for example, I'm pretty sure rep 41 and 42 would be easy to find in a minute or so, but the other ones not so much).

*I actually can run through all the SS2 levels in my head now, so in the SS2 tracker, saves are not required for location ids anymore.

Uploaded file about turbine making noise but not working in a visible manner.
    As always, a simple text for the dml file (miss5.mis.dml in this case) would come in handy.

Zombified
    that one's easy;
    //turbine should be on
    ObjProp 1287 "StTweqJoints"
    {
    "AnimS" On
    }
    //turbine sound cuts way too abruptly
    ObjProp 102 "AmbientHacked"
    {
    "Flags" NoSharpCurve
    }

Updated bugtracker lines 39-42. Missing saves, now added.

I tested also DML code for Escape! from page 96 by Unna Oertdottir and the same bug with objective is that save game and load game will kill this first objective.

Zombified
    yes.

Are there any plans to update T2XFix? There are a few hings that could be fixed there.

Zombified
    feel free to report stuff, if it's something that can be fixed easily/quickly, I'll do it and update the package. I might even create another tab for T2x in the tracker doc, if you are very serious about this (meaning, if you plan to run through the campaign just for the sake of finding bugs).

Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 495459646974798489949596979899100101102 LastLast