TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls Only Zweihander No Magic Run

Dark Souls Only Zweihander No Magic Run

Hi, i would like to introduce my new "Only Zweihander No Magic" run. This is not something mega pro and impossible, but i think it is a nice challenge i can handle with (I'm playing DS since month, so i'm not very experienced yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ8UU...FlrmkvNaWo-WeU

Quote Originally Posted by brokenheart View Post
    Hi, i would like to introduce my new "Only Zweihander No Magic" run. This is not something mega pro and impossible, but i think it is a nice challenge i can handle with (I'm playing DS since month, so i'm not very experienced yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ8UU...FlrmkvNaWo-WeU
    I'm still in the middle of my first playthrough and the Zweihander is my weapon of choice!

Moderator and Priest
    I think you're both gonna have trouble when you get into enclosed spaces. Big weapons that swing in a large arc like that have a tendency to get glanced off walls.

...though you did handle Havel pretty well. You deserve some props on that one.

I used a lightning claymore for nearly my entire playthrough. Dat stab was the bees knees. Does the Zweihander behave like most ultra greatswords?

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I think you're both gonna have trouble when you get into enclosed spaces. Big weapons that swing in a large arc like that have a tendency to get glanced off walls.

...though you did handle Havel pretty well. You deserve some props on that one.
    I've gotten as far as the Crystal Caves or whatever and I'm still doing ok with my big weapon...

Moderator and Priest
    It bothered the hell out of me, specially in places like The Depths where you had all those little 5 foot wide choke points, and you couldn't use your weapon without having the walls interrupt your swings.

They're fine for open spaces, because they can hit multiple enemies all at once. But there were plenty of times where I felt like I needed a weapon that'd attack straight ahead.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I have a similar problem with polearms. I don't like the way they feel. Maybe I just need more practice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9kt7...ature=youtu.be

YouTube is still processing the video, thus quality isn't the best, but still it is not that long, so enjoy!

Moderator and Priest
    How the hell were you able to kill the Bell Gargoyles in 7 hits with a low SL character?

...I must be missing something.

I upgraded my Zweinhander to +5, that's why

Butterfly video is up btw.

Moderator and Priest
    Ahh, and you're two-handing it, which is something I never, ever do.

The Moonlight Butterfly fight was pretty damn close. I can't wait to see how you handle the Capra Demon. Good luck.

Where is the Thief gameplay style for Dark Souls?

Moderator and Priest
    By thief gameplay style, do you mean pure stealth, a'la Thief with a capital T? If so, you'll be a little disappointed. While there are ways to camouflage yourself and sneak up on enemies, it's only good for getting a first strike in on isolated groups of unsuspecting enemies. And even then, you're only likely to take out one. You'll still have to face the rest head on.

Or to put it another way, stealth in Dark Souls is more about getting a tactical advantage in a fight, rather than avoiding the fight altogether.

Capra Demon is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Rf4...ature=youtu.be

That fight was pretty bugged (0:32) tho, but still i killed that bastard

I don't think Dresden was serious.

Moderator and Priest
    Eh, when it comes to someone bringing up Thief around here, I err on the side of caution.

Also, that was a helluva fight. It's starting to get a little tougher for you, but you're still making the game look easy.

It will maybe sound weird, but i'm finding earlier bosses like Capra Demon tougher than let's say Artorias or Nito. Maybe it's because it was long time ago i was fighting Capra Demon, i don't remember skillsets sometimes Aaaaand that small arena with annoying dogs doesn't help.

The sick part about the dogs is they spawn there as part of the regular enemy placement. I get the sense Capra was placed there because they needed a boss fight and didn't really think the arena through, because those dogs respawn.

Moderator and Priest
    That's what makes him so hard to fight.

I'd say that all the bosses are pretty much doable with your setup. Since you do so much damage, you don't have to have to pull off a 5-10 minute long battle of attrition, which is one of the things that makes them so hard for everyone the first time through.

Most of them you should be able to tear through, since you know their moves and methods, and you're quick enough on your feet to dodge them a few times. The big AOE bosses like Ceaseless Discharge will probably give you a bit of trouble, but the rest just take a bit of patience and skill.

...oh, and Kalameet. If you can kill him off with a naked low level character using a slow weapon, I'd probably find a way to buy you a beer.

Sad thing, that warping is available only after Ornstein&Smough. I'm going to kill them solo (that will be a helluva fight), and then i'll think which boss i should kill next.

Also about my EQ - i'm going to wear a light type armor, so no tanking, only dodging (that will add some challenge).

Regarding old Capra, I found that running up the stairs immediately was the best option, as I could get rid of his dogs in the time that it takes for the old goat to get up the stairs. That, and a good shield makes this a much easier fight.

Gaping Dragon... wat r u casul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fiu3...ature=youtu.be

(YouTube is processing the video so long ;_; )

I'm done for now, need to sleep. More pwned bosses soon.
    Last edited by brokenheart; 10th Mar 2014 at 03:39.

Yeah, ol' Gapey is one of the easiest bosses in the game.

Unfortunately. At least his design is pretty badass.

"Unfortunately" my ass. It's nice to have the game throw you a bone once in a while.