TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thief Reloaded Contest - missions released 02-05-2011

Southquarter.com/fms

Thief Reloaded Contest - missions released 02-05-2011

Thanks everyone for being patient - here are the contest entries, listed alphabetically by author:

The Deadly Triangle (Final), by darthslair
    The Revenge of Lt. Hagen, by Firemage
    To The End With Nothing, by Haplo & Marukpa
    Complicated Cargo, by intruder
    Snowball Fight!, by Yandros

A huge thanks to all the authors who submitted entires for the contest. I'm sure everyone around the FM forum is thankful as well after the recent drought of fan missions releases!

Voting details will follow shortly...try to keep general contest comments in this thread, and mission specific comments in their individual mission threads (which I'm sure will be started up by someone quickly).

Also...the idea was thrown out by one of the enterting parties that it would be kind of interesting to get some comments from each author about their specific mission. Some authors offered basic misison info while others provided a little bit of insight into what their thoughts were during mission creation. Either way, it's a very good read, check the results below. And have fun with the entires...

darthslair:

The Deadly Triangle is created from "Assassins" Thief Gold Miss5.mis. Ramirez was the powerful Mobster until his Rival, Mr. Webster ( the former Warden of the docks) who at that was into forgery, slavery, counterfitting, you name it, and he has done it. Well, ever since Mr.Webster retired as Warden of the Docks, his crime organization grew. He thought Ramirez was just a little punk all the time, and had plans to put him out of buisness in hopes of taking over Old Quarter, South Quarter, New Towne, and the entire area.

The Hammerites are in the power as well, and have their suspicions about Mr. Webster and Mr. Ramirez after a Series of Brutal Murders had taken place. Who is the Greater force ? You will see !

All of the Characters were portrayed in the original Assasins books, and scrolls. My story is the continuing saga of:The Deadly Triangle.

Firemage:

In this mission, we play the Lt.Hagen. Garrett have done with success his mission, and now, the poor Lieutenant is a alive prisonner. Stuck alone in a cell in the famous prison of "DEEPSTONE". Hagen get just one idea: He want to escape, to show to every that he is innocent and why somebody have done everything for his decline. The goal are simple: Escape from Deepstone, return to Shoalsgate. And follow the objectives. (I won't to tell more information, because it would destroy the ambiance). But if you want to know why I have done that, it is just because: In Thief III, Garrett is researched. And when you read a letter from Mosley, you don't think that she want to catch him; So, the idea is the next: Hagen is the Sheriff in Thief III. And because he know that Garrett is responsible too for his decline, he want to kill him.
    By the way: In this mission, you'll meet Sammy and kill him finally.

Haplo & Marukpa:

We wanted to take an OM and give it a totally different story without altering the mission. Therefore the changes to the original mission were minimal; a handful of brushes were added and a couple of hundred objects were replaced, mostly ambient sounds and scripting elements.

Our goal was to provide you with a unique experience and let you view the Thief world from a totally different angle. Above all, we wanted to make you think.

intruder:

To be honest: I did not have a plan when I started to rework the Dayport map. This is how I always build missions. I just start building what comes to my mind. I was looking through the window (it was december) and said to myself: "Well, Dayport all covered with snow would be nice!" So I turned it into a winter mission, but still no story. My first attempt of a story was about diving deep into ancient Keeper history. The player's job was to collect hints that where hidden all across Dayport, sort of a "Da Vinci Code"-sytle paperchase to finally discover the grave of the first Keeper.

Some hours after making up that story, I watched "Serenity" (my favourite movie) again and I started to think about re-creating the intro of the movie with DromEd. After realizing that the idea worked, I skipped that Keeper story and brought some shiny browncoats to our well known city...

Yandros:

I had always wanted to do a snowball fight FM ever since releasing*A Thief's Holiday 2004, but had never gotten around to it. I had planned to make an outdoor winter mission for it, but then when the contest came along it hit me that the location of the infamous archer fight from*Life of the Party*might make an interesting and ironic spot for such a mission, so that's what I did. My previous work on missions like*Hammerite Deathmatch*and*Dance With The Dead*were useful in this mission, although it's much lighter in nature than either of those.
    Last edited by Brethren; 17th Feb 2011 at 02:33.

Clearinghouse
    Congrats to all authors! Thanks

I wasn't getting impatient at all! Thank you!

Archivist
    Thanks for the missions, people .

Congratulations and thank you to all the contestants. Looking forward to these.

2011 is off to a great start I'm sure!

Can't wait to play!! my nights are full.Thanks to all the authors

The Deadly Triangle crashes to the desktop when I try to play it! And Revenge of Hagen crashes when I get to Shoalsgate!

Edit: You must turn off the Expansion Pack for The Deadly Triangle to work.

- David
    Last edited by Mechs Delight; 5th Feb 2011 at 14:18.

Classical Master 2008
    Yessss!
    Thief Time, Taffers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    You must turn off the Expansion Pack for The Deadly Triangle to work.
    Well found. I should PM Nameless Voice about this in case he doesn't see your post. (I think it's called the "Enhancement Pack".)

bikerdude
    awesomeness!!!

need to get ddfix1511 working properly though..

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Well found. I should PM Nameless Voice about this in case he doesn't see your post. (I think it's called the "Enhancement Pack".)
    Oops, I meant "Enhancement Pack." I'm hoping "Hagen" will work too, now that the EP has been temporarily turned off on my computer.

I guess it doesn't matter because of the "Sky Bug" mentioned in the FM readme for "Hagen."
    Last edited by Mechs Delight; 5th Feb 2011 at 15:29.

Congratulations to all the authors. Looking forward to playing

Congratulations to all the authors. Looking forward to playing

Terrific! I've seen a couple of these during beta but I'm looking forward to checking out the others this evening. I LOVE these contests!

Revenge of Lt Hagen

Is FireMage going to start a thread for his mission does anyone know? Or would he be OK for someone to start one for him?

I get crashes in the main square outside Shoalsgate if I look round too much but the following route lets me get into Shoalsgate no problem:-

As long as you don't hang around when you get outside (past the armoury) go straight to the large square, past the boarded house. Once you've entered the square (keep looking at the ground) go direct to the river and jump in. Swim to the other end, to the gate/grid, exit the canal and you should be able to cross over the bridge into Shoalsgate. Approaching Shoalsgate from that side of the square seems to be a lot better. Well it works OK for me.

Interesting to be in Shoalsgate again - and good to see they've still got the water cooler!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Is FireMage going to start a thread for his mission does anyone know? Or would he be OK for someone to start one for him?
    I've got some questions about it too, but not sure if I should make the thread or not. What if he wants to update it, and such? Oh well.

It seems to be common practice for anyone to start a thread for a contest mission. Just be sure to include the name of the contest and the release date in the title. You can see how the threads for the other missions in the contest are titled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It seems to be common practice for anyone to start a thread for a contest mission. Just be sure to include the name of the contest and the release date in the title. You can see how the threads for the other missions in the contest are titled.
    I have just sent FireMage a quick email on this - will report back.

Edit: I waited a little while but I haven't got a reply yet. I thought it OK to start a new thread anyway - Revenge of Lt Hagen
    Last edited by Sagittal; 6th Feb 2011 at 07:23.

A dedicated thread for FireMage's mission would be great. I'm stuck and have some questions.

What a treat! Great timing. Feeling like an outsider on Super Bowl Sunday because I haven't any interest and suffering cabin fever because of an icy cold Texas winter. Keep your old Super Bowl...I have 5 much much better treats in store for today!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you.

WOW! Thanks to all the authors for their contributions and dedication in getting their missions released, I know how much effort is involved and really appreciate it!

Thanks!

A sincere thank you to all of the authors of these missions. Your hard work, time and dedication are definitely appreciated!

Thanks you dear FM creators !

Now downloading your creations and will play them eventually

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast