TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief Reloaded Contest FM: The Revenge of Lt Hagen by FireMage (05 Feb 2011)

Thief Reloaded Contest FM: The Revenge of Lt Hagen by FireMage (05 Feb 2011)

I hope FireMage is OK with me starting a thread for his contest mission “The Revenge of Lt Hagen” – I sent him an email and PM in case he wanted to start one himself but haven't got a reply as yet.

I am sure players will want to post comments and questions about it.

The main contest thread with all download links and other missions can be found here.

PS I see "By Sagittal" appears in the main thread title but, I stress, I cannot claim any credit for the mission!
    Last edited by Tannar; 22nd Aug 2014 at 21:49. Reason: Fixed broken link

Just in case others are getting similar problems, I got crashes in the main square outside Shoalsgate if I look round too much. The following route, might help, it lets me get into Shoalsgate no problem:-

As long as you don't hang around when you get outside (past the armoury) go straight to the large square, past the boarded house. Once you've entered the square (keep looking at the ground) go direct to the river and jump in. Swim to the other end, to the gate/grid, exit the canal and you should be able to cross over the bridge into Shoalsgate. Approaching Shoalsgate from that side of the square seems to be a lot better. Well it works OK for me.

I am stuck and have a couple of questions:
    1. I was not able to break into the records room yet. How do I get inside?
    2. There is a locked chest in the guards' quarters on the first floor in Shaolsgate. I haven't been able to open it yet. Where is the key?
    3. There are two wooden doors near the records room on the second floor I haven't been able to unlock either. Where is the key?
    4. There is a cup on a table in the cafeteria. I have put poison in it. It now doesn't highlight anymore. I have also picked up a bottle from the bar outside of Shoalsgate, and I have tried to used it on the cup. This isn't possible, because the cup doesn't highlight anymore. What's the puzzle I'm required to solve here?

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    There is a locked chest in the guards' quarters on the first floor in Shaolsgate. I haven't been able to open it yet. Where is the key?
    I would like to know that too. What I don't understand about the chest is, why it makes sounds like frobbing a secret lever. I've searched the room over and over again and found no secret exit etc.? What am I missing?

I am stuck and have a couple of questions:

1. Search the large storage room off the Waiting Room near the sentry archer at the top of the stairs.

2. Me too - cant find a key for that.

3. Have you got Sheriff Mosley's Key? That may have been what I used or maybe just my sword . I checked and all doors on the floor with the Evidence Storage door and sign I managed to get open.

4. Again, I used the poison on the cup and it became unfrobbable - don't know ehat to do with it now?

The bottle in the tavern is for use inside the tavern if you mean the one where the bad guy's sitting.

Still intrigued with this one but progress is slowing gotta find some more adversaries somewhere that Eric told me about.

Help please

I have killed Bogdan,Alonso,Logan and Zelir and i can't find the rest of them
    Can anyone point me in the proper direction

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    I would like to know that too. What I don't understand about the chest is, why it makes sounds like frobbing a secret lever. I've searched the room over and over again and found no secret exit etc.? What am I missing?
    yes I noticed that too..the chest is also a different texture than normal....I also found a "Dial"or "Clock" type thing under a desk in a room on the lower floor that held many "Booth" type desks,when you frobbed that it also made a sound like the chest mentioned above,but I can find nothing changed in the vacinity

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    yes I noticed that too..the chest is also a different texture than normal....I also found a "Dial"or "Clock" type thing under a desk in a room on the lower floor that held many "Booth" type desks,when you frobbed that it also made a sound like the chest mentioned above,but I can find nothing changed in the vacinity
    Found one in Lt. Mosley office too frobed it and no changes around.

Thanks Sagittal, I found the Evidence Storage Key where you said it was!

Does anyone beside me have a problem with killing Alonso? He remained upright and sank into the ground when I applied the blackjack. When I hit him with the sword, he remained that way when his screaming stopped. When I pick him up, I'm carrying "Alonso, The Corrupted Officer" and not "corpse". Do I have to abort the mission?

More questions:
    1. I have been in Sheriff Moseley's office before, but now I can't enter it anymore. A completely black wall blocks the door now. What's up with that?
    2. There is a locked door on the first floor of Shaolsgate. Next to it, there is a sign which reads "NO ENTRY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE". How do I get inside?
    3. How do I get inside the metal-encased building next to the tavern? I hear there is a Mechanist inside, but the door is locked.
    4. There is still one wooden door on the third floor that I can't open with my sword, Sheriff Moseley's key or the Evidence Storage Key.
    5. The bottle in the tavern prompts the quip "Are you stupid, or what?" from Logan when I used it. How am I supposed to use it?

I also found a "Dial"or "Clock" type thing under a desk in a room on the lower floor that held many "Booth" type desks,when you frobbed that it also made a sound like the chest mentioned above,but I can find nothing changed in the vacinity
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    Found one in Lt. Mosley office too frobed it and no changes around.
    I too was unable to find out what both of them activate.

Yep there's one in the main office on the ground floor, one in Sheriff Mosely's office and another one - that I cant get to - in a locked room up in the Evidence Storage area. I guess I need a key for that room as sword and mines dont shift it ?

Usename:

1 I have the same problem at Sherrif Mosleys now
    2 Yep, no way in there.
    3 Logan, will open it if you give him enough time outside before killing him - but theres nothing useful in there that I can find
    4 Is that the one in Evidence Storage? Where you can see another one of the gauges through the glass If so I cant find a key yet.
    5 I think I threw it at his cup and then frobbed his chair just provoking him to leave the bar
    Last edited by Sagittal; 6th Feb 2011 at 11:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    and another one - that I cant get to - in a locked room up in the Evidence Storage area. I guess I need a key for that room as sword and mines dont shift it ?
    That's the room from question No. 4 in my post from 15:55! It seems were both stuck trying to get inside.

When I hit him with the sword, he remained that way when his screaming stopped. When I pick him up, I'm carrying "Alonso, The Corrupted Officer" and not "corpse". Do I have to abort the mission?
    Don't worry. As soon as you assign a unique name to an AI, the name will remain, even if you kill the AI (i.e. it won't be replaced by "Corpse").

To test whether he is dead or not:
    Drop him on the floor and try to hit him with your sword or an arrow. If there is blood, he's still alive.

He is dead. Thanks for the tip!

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Great fun, and good ai scripting Fire Mage. Good ole Lt. Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    3 Logan, will open it if you give him enough time outside before killing him - but theres nothing useful in there that I can find
    Follow the dude into the building.
    Inside frob the big lever to open the furnace.
    Shortly after, Logan should appear again ...
    and after a while Melinda will join the party.

Well, I have the same problems : 2 locked doors left that I can not open with my sword or explosives.
    And Malcom and Sammy still on my TODO list.
    I managed to get flashbombed after visiting the abandoned house, but I think I should not have entered this house at this stage.
    Is there a key for it ?

I also had Lt. Mosseys office door being blocked by a black void.
    Seems like a bug to me. Or should I not have frobbed the 'gauge'-thingy ?
    EDIT: yeah, that was a bad idea indeed. Hope you got everything from the office before messing around with it

EDIT: Hmmm... at least the gauge-thingy down in the scribe room is not useless.
    But for sure you don't want to stay long enough to figure out what it is good for.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 6th Feb 2011 at 12:51.

Completely Stuck

Need some help here - I can't get out of the cell.

Cell door highlights but I have no lockpicks. I can knock out the guard through the cell door but he has no key. If I wait along comes Eric who gives me some food but I can't pick up the tray.

Checked for EP - it wasn't installed under T2. After installation - no change!

Did you try eating the bread?

I also found a "Dial"or "Clock" type thing under a desk in a room on the lower floor that held many "Booth" type desks,when you frobbed that it also made a sound like the chest mentioned above,but I can find nothing changed in the vacinity
    If I'm not mistaken, you'll find several items like this throughout the mission. When you frob one it increases one or more of the qualities in your "loot" inventory. Firemage changed the loot categories from "gold, gems, goods, total" to "Innocence, Influence, Honor, Popularity".

EDIT: Except, the one you're referring to here doesn't appear to be the same thing. I don't know what it does then. Hmmm...
    Last edited by Tannar; 6th Feb 2011 at 13:13.

Completely Stuck

Username: thanks for the suggestion - have clicked my mouse (and the default - 'Enter' but nothing happens! Can't pick anything up.

There is a loud clunk when I try to open the cell door or hit the guard.

Do I have to wait until Eric leaves the scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, you'll find several items like this throughout the mission. When you frob one it increases one or more of the qualities in your "loot" inventory. Firemage changed the loot categories from "gold, gems, goods, total" to "Innocence, Influence, Honor, Popularity".

You're right Tannar - usual loot type items now have a "quality" from the list you give but there are also a number (at least 3) of highlighted dials/gauges that appear to act like a lever when you frob them - well you get the sound of a lever but nothing obvious happens.

I checked the readme and FireMage does say "*If you strangely frob an invisible lever, frob again to evict some trouble." ie if you frob the lever once make sure you do it again to restore it to its original state, I guess. Just seems odd they are there at all - unless they're for use later somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    Need some help here - I can't get out of the cell.

Cell door highlights but I have no lockpicks. I can knock out the guard through the cell door but he has no key. If I wait along comes Eric who gives me some food but I can't pick up the tray.

Not sure, but may be you should not have him knocked out.
    After a last conversation the tray should be frobbable.
    Maybe he needs to be 'online' at least up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    Username: thanks for the suggestion - have clicked my mouse (and the default - 'Enter' but nothing happens! Can't pick anything up.

There is a loud clunk when I try to open the cell door or hit the guard.

Do I have to wait until Eric leaves the scene?
    Draigcoch, I don't understand how you managed to knock the guard out so early .

I'd start again and avoid KOing him - wait until after Eric delivers the food and after the guard then tells you to eat again and the food becomes frobbable. The gate klnocks the guard out when you finally get to open it. Well on Rookie that is.

Yes, the tray doesn't become frobbable until after Eric leaves and the guard says a few more things to you.

@ Sagittal: Right, thanks.

Problem Solved

Thanks for the info - didn't realise I had to wait sooo long. After a few tries the napkin fell into the shelf below and the two tray items were highlighted.

I then knocked out the guard (who had his back to me). He fell forward and I could make my exit.

Previously when I hit him he fell partly into the cell door. This seemed to prevent the tray items being illuminated!!!

Oh well on we go!

DromEd Archmage
    People: (Sorry I was busy)

I'm sure you know the story now.
    About crashes: Do not look at the sky, just look at floor or just in front of you.
    About Locked Door and Footlocker:

This is normal. You'll access to this area later in the game. When you have killed a special number of ennemi. Look at the fist of guy, if they get a Red Gantelet, you may kill them. Read the Erik's Journal. About clock, this is another thing, you'll understand when Sammy will Appear. About poison, it is a strategy to kill Bogdan silently. (A noble who run).
    About bottle in the bar, this is a methode to destroy the evening of logan the assassin and force him to leave the bar for a fight against you.
    You can kill Alonso with this strategy: Drop the suspect letter for him in front of a sergeant. (Look at their shoulders).

Some Ennemys appear after some murder of them friends.

Hope that Tips will help you!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast