TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338434853 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you making?

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    And have to figure out how to distribute it. The module is 240M because of all the cards.
    Well, that is an easy one...you can upload and distro up to 1024 Megabytes @ www.megaupload.com

I think you can even do ~ 224 Megs without even registering. Just use WinRAR or 7.Zip and compress the Hell out of it or just use the program to split it into 2, 120 Meg files.

Right now Iím making chocolate cake.

Well done on 2 excellent posts!

This doesn't really count as videogame stuff. But I had to do this for an assignment for one of my classes. I work every day this week so I had to stay up all night to finish it. I just got done.
    Lemme know what you think.

The video isn't me, its my friend playing with his new camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlZtZT-3M4

Right now Iím making sum fruit salad.

Everybody clap your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzo99 View Post
    Right now I’m making sum fruit salad.
    goddamn fruits tossing their salads...

to keep this thread from dying completely...

What is K engine?

In related news, I finally purchased my own license to C4 engine. The standard edition with all of the source code. What a well written machine. Unity can go play with itself. I almost got sucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitions Advocate View Post
    In related news, I finally purchased my own license to C4 engine. The standard edition with all of the source code. What a well written machine.
    Also the hidden well-spring of public transportation sims. Eureka!

Over the last week and a bit I started on and completed a remake of a very old Atari 2600 game by the name of "Fishing Derby":

Loved the game as a kid, and did the remake to give myself + the GF a new video game to play. Only has 2 player mode in. Might add an AI opponent in, a practice mode and make some music for it for the hell of it at a later stage.

Icemann: you made my day! I completely forgot about that title, despite it being in my top 3 games as a kid. I thought it was rather advanced considering its age and the limitations of the platform. It is still highly playable today, and that speaks volumes. So, when you get it releasable can I get a copy please?

My only 'criticism' would be the scoreboard. I would prefer to see a larger score and possibly a more contrasting color to make it easier to see.

few days old, but here goes; my first time ever implementing a particle system

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    Icemann: you made my day! I completely forgot about that title, despite it being in my top 3 games as a kid. I thought it was rather advanced considering its age and the limitations of the platform. It is still highly playable today, and that speaks volumes. So, when you get it releasable can I get a copy please?

My only 'criticism' would be the scoreboard. I would prefer to see a larger score and possibly a more contrasting color to make it easier to see.
    Sure thing. It's advanced though if you sit down and strip down the gameplay layer by layer and work out what needs doing before each element of gameplay will work then its not mega hard. Was about 8 days work (3-5 hours per night) till I had it at the stage where 2 player mode worked. I was pretty happy with that. I'm not a big fan of the scoreboards current look either. Might port over the custom text font system used on another game I worked on to give that a better look. Changing the text color in itself would be super easy. I only had the text that color to fit with the look of the original.

That said I did make one slight change to gameplay purely in the case of making the game actually challenging. What change? well in the Atari version when you start catching a fish you can still control your fishing rod. In mine you lose control and the rod zig zags left and right up to the surface. Tested in 2 player (I do the 2 player mode via the wasd keys for player 1 and the numpad keys for player 2) and its better the way I have it. The other change I made was to speed up the shark once someone has 50+ fish. For the extra challenge.

Either way soon as I have 1 player & practice modes in, the tune and menu I'll make a mention here and upload it somewhere.

So you essentially took most of the skill out? I thought one of the main things was controlling your caught fish and reeling it in past the shark near the surface? So your system just randomly moves left and right? Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldron View Post
    few days old, but here goes; my first time ever implementing a particle system

Looks great, I can tell your're using artwork from your minecraft texture pack there. (Can't hide it!)

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Looks great, I can tell your're using artwork from your minecraft texture pack there. (Can't hide it!)
    Yeah, the upside to having made them, retaining all the rights wooh! :P

Just got a placeable functionality in, being able to remove and place furniture and stuff., and a fullbright tag for stuff that are supposed to glow.

Yarr...

Ahaha.

I loaded my first model in Irrlicht a few days ago. Not difficult, but exciting for me anyway.

Simple flash game for ludum dare 48h compo:

playable here: http://www.eldpack.com/ld20/

Work on my fishing derby remake continues. All the modes are now in, ability to speed up reeling of fish is in + original sounds as well as newer ones (toggable in the options menu). Just need to make a music track + make some background images for the menu and its done. Might add in an extra game mode I thought of at a later point, but I'll likely upload whats done online before I do. Might also make movement of the fishing rod (as opposed to the bottom of the fishing line where the point that the fish is attached to is) still moveable whilst catching a fish a toggable option, in the options menu.

Other than that, pretty happy with it at this point. And the player/computer score text is far more distinct on screen now.

So whilst the screenshot above may look very similar to the previous one alot of changes have gone on under the hood so to speak.
    Last edited by icemann; 4th May 2011 at 13:34.

icemann: is there a way I can get a ver. of this latest release? I can either help you test it or paypal you or whatever. Thanks for addressing my request for increasing the score visibility, too!

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post

Other than that, pretty happy with it at this point. And the player/computer score text is far more distinct on screen now.
    Looks great, though I'd recommend nixing the higher res font score altogther, and doing it the oldschool way. Like this...

It's far less distracting, because it looks like it belongs in alongside the rest of your Atari 2600 style graphics.

Yak: that is absolutely gorgeous.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338434853 ... LastLast