TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 202530354045505560656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1824

Thread: What are you making?

Haven't done water paints in 30 years... My first attempt was bleah, but I like the date palm I did for my second:

After over a month of trying to find an artist with no success, I decided to give it a whack myself and redo the dinner scene for HEADLINER. Spent most of my weekend on this, heavily relying on other references haha.

Thoughts?

And here's a take with some DOF

Level 10,000 achieved
    That's really nice, Yakoob! Good use of color.

It looks shippable. (That's me in my critical voice, so - well done.)

Administrator
    Looks really good, well done.

Thanks guys that's really good to hear Not entirely happy with the missus, looks too much like Wilma ;p

Level 10,000 achieved
    Hah yeah, I did get a Flintstones vibe from the design as well.

I think it's mainly the dress, though.

In any case, I've been critical of the visual design in some of your earlier games (Postmortem and Karaski), but I like this a lot. It's stylish and visually coherent.

Chakat sex pillow
    And the pearls, don't forget the pearls. But yeah, Yakoob, that's a pretty nice flat-shaded vector style. I particularly like the little details like the candleholders, and the haloes of light around the lamp.

You might want to tweak the shading just a tad to account for the light sources - the back and side walls and curtains next to the lamp in the background, the ceiling light, and the candles. A little light thrown through the holders should be visible on the table, for example.

Thanks sulphur. Yea thatd be a good next step but saving it for the second pass. Need to move on

Thirith interesting re art direction of Postmortem and karaski. Do you mean wip stuff or the final look of the games?

More watercoloring, made an olive tree this time. Olive trees are gnarly. When I was a kid, I hated watercolors because I found them difficult to control and do any sort of detail work. (Blending wasn't really my thing.) Now, it's more about working quickly and letting the natural textures do the blending and details.

blocking out a new office scene for HEADLINER to vector artify...

New office coming along

Love it

It bothers me slightly that there aren't enough slats in the blind to ever fully cover the window.

Put a few more, then have some zombies outside banging on the window and hey presto .

aaand new office DONE

I still like the overall look, but I'm not sold on the blurry darkish outline around the boss (?) character. In other shots, the characters look like they're part of the environment; this shot looks like it's undecided whether she's standing in front of the desk (overall position, comparison to other shots) or not (blurry outline, character actually isn't cut off by the desk, but the cutoff line is close enough to the desk to be visually confusing).

Chakat sex pillow
    I think she's meant to be a sort of pop-up like the rest of the things on the desk. Possibly an IM avatar?

That's pretty likely, but then I'd make that clearer visually. The way she's standing there, her positioning (the pic almost but not quite being cut off by the desk), her size working well with the conceit that she's in front of the desk - there are too many visual markers that make it look like she's not just a pop-up, leading you up the garden path. It makes the design less effective IMO.

Chakat sex pillow
    True. It could just be that the object order for the desk <-> boss is incorrect and she's supposed to show behind it, as someone actually present in the office. The outline shouldn't be there in that case, and a conversation event should ideally have a vignette pass that darkens the borders of the entire scene to clear up the ongoing focus.

no not a popup, she should be slightly higher. I added the shadow for contrast as with her darker skin tone she was blending with the background a bit too much. Might tone it down a notch or just do a small stroke.

I will say that the art style for the people is VERY reminiscent of how they were done in the "Rebuild" games.

oh I actually never played those

First two are free. Third was done via Kickstarter and should be up on Steam and GOG.

Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 202530354045505560656667686970717273 LastLast