TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 253035404550556065707172737475
Results 1,851 to 1,862 of 1862

Thread: What are you making?

Chakat sex pillow
    Middle one works for me, what with it looking like an actual headline and the visual counterpoint of the text slapped against the dude's head.

Depending on where you're planning to put this game, the logo should probably be clearly visible and decipherable at very small sizes. I'd keep that in mind when choosing.

If going fancy is of interest, might be good to have the TV be animated with the static etc.

If you've seen the 80s movie "Poltergeist", would draw some parallels. Having something as simple as an animated menu screen just adds that extra layer of polish.

NV - yea I'm thinking of using bottom for big version and top one for smaller one maybe

ice - yup, gonna do that for the main menu + trailer :]

NOW we got ourselves a proper festival

I've been working on this.

I spent far too long making it, since I first needed to learn how to do a lot of the things I needed for it, such as how to make proper skeletal mesh animation, how to use Substance Painter, and how to hook it all up together.

The skeletal mesh is rather convoluted, and I had to try various different setups before I got one that looked right. It basically has two lines of bones for each stack of pages, one for the top of the stack and one for the bottom, and both bend together to give the effect of the page stack spreading out as the book opens (the actual book stacks are basically textured cubes, given shape solely by the bones animating.)
    There's one loose page which is moved about to turn the pages, and that has its own set of bones (including some side bones to let the corner curl a little during the animation.)

The pages textures are dynamically generated from UMG widgets as needed - those widgets are basically simple GUI layouts that can consist of text, graphics, etc. laid out as needed, and get applied on top of the page texture and baked, then assigned to the model.

Wow, that looks terrific. ...Maybe consider selling it in an asset store? Lots of games need a really good book.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Wow that's really cool NV! Cleverly set up. Only flaw I see is that when the new pages are generated at 0:12 they're a bit brighter than previously. Maybe because the lighting that gets baked in is at a different angle than the previous set? Perhaps having seperate lighting that only affects the pages might help here?

Working on a new trailer, video feedback welcome

Wow, now I want to play that game. Wait, I have played that game, lol.

The latest Jimquisition makes an interesting point: By forcing developers using the free version to display their logo (while builds from the professional version do not), Unity ensures that end users overwhelmingly associate their engine with low budget products.

Putting it up in the UE4 Marketplace is an interesting idea, but I don't quite know how that would work with regards to triggering it - I can turn the pages here because it's hooked up to my "usable objects" system - though I guess I could just leave triggering the page changes functions for the person buying them to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Only flaw I see is that when the new pages are generated at 0:12 they're a bit brighter than previously.
    Argh, it took me so long to figure out what was causing this. I tried changing everything, until finally someone suggested that lighting on those vertices wasn't being updated because they weren't actually moving with the bone - and, right enough, that was the problem. The very centremost verts on the page were not attached to any bone, and so they got "left behind" by the lighting system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I've been working on this.
    This looks really nice !
    I planned to do something similar but I think that task ended in the black hole of feature creep.

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 253035404550556065707172737475