TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 121

Thread: TDS mini-campaign "THE CABAL": part 4 "Knife to the Heart" by Nomad

  1. #1
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Dunno. What week is it?

    TDS mini-campaign "THE CABAL": part 4 "Knife to the Heart" by Nomad

    "The Over Warden and Councilor Mercier have been abusing their power in the Baron's absence. They've tipped the balance, and by attacking the Keepers have threatened the only ones who can maintain it. I'm sure nobody would shed any tears if they were to ... have an accident. The Over Warden is meeting with Mercier at the Baron's castle estate. Getting in might be a challenge ... the castle was built to resist entire armies. Then again, maybe that's its weakness; I'm not exactly an army. It's easier for one person to sneak in than hundreds. All it takes is an open window, or a secret passage ... or a drainage system. Everyone thinks I'm dead, so that gives me an advantage, provided I'm not caught before finishing the job."


    Download links:

    http://www.southquarter.com/download..._The_Heart.zip
    Thanks, Brethren!

    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=...nifeToTheHeart
    Thanks, Jason!

    ftp://djriff.homeftp.net/fan-mission..._The_Heart.zip
    Thanks DJ Riff!

    Screenshots:

    http://darkfate.ru/?thumbs=files/fan...rt/screenshots
    Thanks, Tiens!

    Loot List
    User Name: TDS
    Password: Thief-3


    Known bugs: The courier sometimes stops following his route if it is being used by other AI. Hit him with a water arrow (being very careful that he doesn't see you) to make him resume or reload and try again.


    This is part 4 of the campaign, you can find previous parts here:

    Part 1 - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133525

    Part 2 - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133656

    Part 3 - http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134801
    Last edited by nomad of the pacific; 20th Mar 2011 at 18:13.

  2. #2
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2007
    Location: South Coast,England uk
    Oh wow!!

    ughhh...I get an internal server error...so will try DL again tomorrow...after I get some sleep

  3. #3
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Thanks for this new mission !

    However, the link is broken:
    it reads http://www.southquarter.com/download..._The_Heart.zip in the browser !

  4. #4
    Southquarter.com/fms
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: The Akkala Highlands
    yeah, I don't know how these links keep getting truncated, here's the real link:

    Knife to the Heart

  5. #5
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    Last edited by clearing; 14th Feb 2011 at 23:04.

  6. #6
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Dunno. What week is it?
    Fixed both links. If you still have trouble, please let me know.

  7. #7
    bikerdude
    Guest
    Awesome!

  8. #8
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Dunno. What week is it?
    Hope you like it.

    !pleh rouy rof sknahT

  9. #9
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2007
    Location: Bulgaria
    Downloading... So happy!

  10. #10
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Albertslund, Denmark
    Hmm, this mission started out looking nice, except for the limit on knockouts on all difficulty levels. Personally i hate that. Please make it optional on lower difficulties or not there at all.

    But there are huge problems with the whole follow the courier sequence. To start with the courier won't even come out of the room he starts in. After a save/load he came out of the room, picked up the information and then just stood there! Again a save/load got him restarted. Then coming down the staircase he gets stuck on the door frame. This time it take several save/loads to get him going in the right direction.

    Then everything goes smoothly until he opens a secret door that has no mechanism to be seen, so unless i'm all up in his a.. i'm locked out. Well another save/load and i manage to slip through the secret door after him.

    Now comes the real major problem. Once he opens the door at the top of the stairs, with me still on the stairs, all hell breaks loose! I hear shouts like 'He's dead' and stuff like that and everyone in the room goes on high alert! Which off course means that the objective to follow the courier fails and i'm screwed.

    I have tried this about 10 times now, starting from a save just before i deliver the information and ring the bell for the courier. Every time it fails. Oh and i haven't killed or knocked out a single person in the Baron's Estate.

    So what am i supposed to do now? I don't really won't to start the entire Baron's Estate part over from scratch not knowing if it will actually change anything.

  11. #11
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Dunno. What week is it?
    Did the courier objective actually fail when all hell broke loose? It should have been completed after he entered the secret room. If so, you've found a bug that didn't show up in Beta testing and I need more information.

    The secret room is cannot be opened until the courier opens it, otherwise you could just rush into the Estate, kill Mercier and the Over-Warden and rush back out. Not much of a game. However, once the courier opens the door the first time, there is a button to open it in a cupboard in the throne room.

  12. #12
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    When Judith wrote that part 4 will come soon I never expected it to be so soon !!!!

  13. #13
    bikerdude
    Guest
    @Elusive

    Are you using the right version of T3Main.exe? you will have weird issue with T3 FM's if you using the one that came with the game. You need to use the one that comes with Garretloader.

  14. #14
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Albertslund, Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad of the pacific View Post
    Did the courier objective actually fail when all hell broke loose? It should have been completed after he entered the secret room. If so, you've found a bug that didn't show up in Beta testing and I need more information.

    The secret room is cannot be opened until the courier opens it, otherwise you could just rush into the Estate, kill Mercier and the Over-Warden and rush back out. Not much of a game. However, once the courier opens the door the first time, there is a button to open it in a cupboard in the throne room.
    Yes the courier objective fails. I'm standing on the staircase and can hear the courier enter the room and close the door behind him. Then the shouting starts and shortly after the objective fails. Sometimes the courier comes running out of the room together with a guard or two.

    Fair enough about the secret door, it was just easier to reload

  15. #15
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Dunno. What week is it?
    It sounds like an objective problem, then. Please confirm that you're using the right T3Main.exe as edudrekib suggested. Also, you might want to hide in the hall and watch the courier deliver the note. It's fun watching the reaction of the Over-Warden.

  16. #16
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Albertslund, Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    @Elusive

    Are you using the right version of T3Main.exe? you will have weird issue with T3 FM's if you using the one that came with the game. You need to use the one that comes with Garretloader.
    Honestly i can't remember. I keep a backup copy of the entire Thief 3 + GarrettLoader directory and after a reinstall i just overwrite the entire installed directories with the backups to ensure that everything works. And i haven't had any weird issues with other missions and i have played them all so i would presume that it's the correct T3Main.exe.

  17. #17
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Dunno. What week is it?
    Do your objectives show up properly? Are other objectives getting completed? I'll look at my scripts to see if it could be a timing issue, but that shouldn't be a problem. What are your system specs?

    Another thought, when all hell breaks loose, does a message flash on the screen?
    Last edited by nomad of the pacific; 15th Feb 2011 at 18:25.

  18. #18
    bikerdude
    Guest
    hint where is the Sargent of the guard so I can open the cells...

  19. #19
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!
    Biker he is patrolling down in dungeon

    Nomad! The final installment was FANTASTIC!! I loved the ending story and all the gameplay THANK YOU

  20. #20
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Dunno. What week is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    hint where is the Sargent of the guard so I can open the cells...
    He's the one with the fancy uniform.

    I'm glad you enjoyed it, plw.

  21. #21
    bikerdude
    Guest
    heh, i wasnt able to tell thay all looked the same to me...

    On a different note I didnt manage to find the Baron's secret room or find the holy relic the builder had hidden - was it in the crypt, if so how do i get in there..

  22. #22
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Albertslund, Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad of the pacific View Post
    Do your objectives show up properly? Are other objectives getting completed? I'll look at my scripts to see if it could be a timing issue, but that shouldn't be a problem. What are your system specs?

    Another thought, when all hell breaks loose, does a message flash on the screen?
    Yes the objectives show up properly and other objectives are getting completed just fine.

    System specs:
    Core I7 940 2,93 GHz
    6 GB RAM
    NVidia GTX280 with 266.58 drivers
    Vista 64-bit
    Thief3 and Garrettloader installed into folders under C:\Games

    No messages flash on the screen until the Objective failed message.

  23. #23
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Dunno. What week is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    heh, i wasnt able to tell thay all looked the same to me...

    On a different note I didnt manage to find the Baron's secret room or find the holy relic the builder had hidden - was it in the crypt, if so how do i get in there..
    "When thou art thrice cleansed, then shalt the face of the Builder shine down upon Saint Brecket."

    Look where the light shines from the Builders face after you use the three fonts.


    Are you referring to the precursor artifact mentioned in the Notes? Search through Mercier's room to find a key. If you've already done that and seen the artifact, you have to shatter the glass dome before you can pick it up! Whack it with your mace!
    Last edited by nomad of the pacific; 16th Feb 2011 at 04:11.

  24. #24
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Dunno. What week is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    Yes the objectives show up properly and other objectives are getting completed just fine.

    System specs:
    Core I7 940 2,93 GHz
    6 GB RAM
    NVidia GTX280 with 266.58 drivers
    Vista 64-bit
    Thief3 and Garrettloader installed into folders under C:\Games

    No messages flash on the screen until the Objective failed message.
    I checked the scripts and it should be impossible for the guards to start fighting until the courier quest is complete, so something else is going on. Could you please follow the courier and keep the door open after him? See if he actually delivers the note or if fighting starts before he gets to the table. Also, see if the fighting is directed at just one person (The courier, Mercier or the Over-Warden?) or if all the guards start fighting each other.

    BTW, I envy you for your computer. I've got a lousy LG laptop. (Does LG stand for Less Goodness or Lousy Garbage?)

  25. #25
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Albertslund, Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad of the pacific View Post
    I checked the scripts and it should be impossible for the guards to start fighting until the courier quest is complete, so something else is going on. Could you please follow the courier and keep the door open after him? See if he actually delivers the note or if fighting starts before he gets to the table. Also, see if the fighting is directed at just one person (The courier, Mercier or the Over-Warden?) or if all the guards start fighting each other.

    BTW, I envy you for your computer. I've got a lousy LG laptop. (Does LG stand for Less Goodness or Lousy Garbage?)
    The courier doesn't deliver the note. Almost immediately after he opens the door and enters the room everyone goes on alert and if i'm close to the door they all just start fighting me. They're not fighting each other. Sometimes there are shouts of 'His dead'. This spooks the courier and he runs out so the objective fails. I tried running into the room right behind the courier but couldn't spot any dead bodies in the room.

    But i tried something else which for some reason allowed me get past that point. There's a torch at the top of the stairs which i put out with a water arrow when the courier is near the door. This alerted the courier who then started searching and entered the room while searching. Everyone still went on alert but they just started searching. I stayed out of the way and waited. At some point the courier calmed down and delivered the note, at which point the guards start fighting each other finishing the objectives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •