TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Risen 2

Sorry for the size.

Chakat sex pillow
    Why don't you just link to the gallery, for fuck's sake.

Is it just me or do those people look really... stubby? I don't know. Like, their models are stretched by like 1.25 on the X axis (along shoulders). I noticed the same thing with bioshock and some other games (DXIW?).

Quote Originally Posted by old toro View Post
    3. quests are better balanced between the chapters (in the opinion of many players, Risen 1 is lacking of quests after chapter 2).
    Probably the only thing I'm really interested in. In every other way, they could just rehash Risen 1 and I'd probably still have fun (well, minus the bland story of lizard people).

I was really disappointed when I finished all of the side quests in the early chapters, and then spent the remainder of the game with virtually no other quests to distract me from said bland story. I'm hoping the second game has more quests though, and not just the same number of sidequests redistributed across the whole of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Why don't you just link to the gallery, for fuck's sake.
    Next time :P

a new teaser, now with more crazy pirates, monsters and vodoo magic
    http://youtu.be/xYr7R3HP4h0

I'm so looking forward to this!

Or rather, I would be, if my desktop wasn't currently fucked.

Taking a break
    So any info on whether the system will be as tragic as the one in Risen?

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    So any info on whether the system will be as tragic as the one in Risen?
    What was wrong with the weather system from Risen?

I don't remember any problems with it. Was a great game. Did you get around to playing it dethtoll?

Quote Originally Posted by old toro View Post
    Next time :P
    Personally I like not having to click a bunch of dumb links I'll never look at.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    i do too, which is why i wish these were links

anwer my question shaniqua

what was the question

jörg buttgereit nekro anniversary

latest info is that Risen2 will use STEAMWORKS for auto-updates and achievements. Bye, bye, Targes.
    I checked around the web but did not find much new info, a few german previews are very enthusiastic about early playsessions and they still have not revealed any of the new "voodoo" gameplay which will replace the elemental magic from Risen1 - I guess, nothing confirmed, maybe there will be both.

If you know german, here is the first part of the german gamescom presentation with extensive Q&A afterwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSEvQccmCw
    Last edited by mothra; 27th Apr 2012 at 05:39.

burning moon 2:
    my copy is in the mail and I look forward to some swashbuckling and a - hopefully - positive impression.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm at 50% now. Should have the rest in a little over 20 minutes, barring any problems on Steam.

CAN'T WAIT!

Taking a break
    Just tell me one thing, how does the system look like?

Do you still have to pay some random hobo if you want to increase your stats after gaining a level?

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, you do. You'll hate it.

The biggest difference I've seen thus far is that you've now got a proper armor inventory now, much like every other RPG in existence. Instead of the usual get a full set of armor at certain points in the game setup, you can buy pants, and shirts, and hats, and whatnot, and mix and match them.

Besides that and a few other tweaks to the formula, it's a straight up Gothic game.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Yeah, you do. You'll hate it.
    Damn straight.

Saves me a few gigs of bandwidth at least

all those ppl with the fancy broadband connections just downloading those games ! Jealous. I have to wait until Monday but at least I saved 20 euro compared to steam.

This game follows closely in the footsteps of the first game, gameplay wise (and also the Gothic games, I guess): The quests/dialogue/RPGedness of it is enough to keep you interested, while the combat system makes you SO ANGRY YOU COULD JUST SPIT, AND YOU WOULD, BUT THEN YOU'D HAVE TO CLEAN UP YOUR SPIT. This is one of those games where the clunkiness of it can drive you to homicidal rage after your 38th death, because you're frantically mashing your buttons but your character is staring off into space and daydreaming instead of DOING ANYTHING YOU'RE GOD DAMN TELLING HIM TO DO.

The way combat is handled in this and the original game, and the entire Gothic series, always left me thinking, "Are you absolutely sure you're a pro developer? I didn't download this for 4.95 off some indie designer's website?" It's like the alpha version of combat that you see in some kid's Unity project he hobbles together during summer break and never finishes.

The story is definitely 100000% more interesting than Risen 1's "lol lizard men," though.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    The way combat is handled in this and the original game, and the entire Gothic series, always left me thinking, "Are you absolutely sure you're a pro developer? I didn't download this for 4.95 off some indie designer's website?" It's like the alpha version of combat that you see in some kid's Unity project he hobbles together during summer break and never finishes.
    I see you've failed to grasp the weird and goofy ebb and flow of Piranha Byte's combat systems. From Gothic 1 all the way up to Risen 2, there is one very simple, very specific way you've got to approach hostile situations. That simple, specific way is...

Wack-Wack-Wack Back-Back-Back

...which you repeat FTW. Risen 2 varies things up a bit with the guns, the kicking, the coconuts, and the sand, but it still follows the same basic formula. Until you level up your swordsmanship skills to the point you can chain combo stunlock your enemies, you pull off the basic three hit combo, then retreat until you get another opening (if you're fighting monsters), or block (if you're fighting a human character).

Hell, I've been playing PB games so long now, I'm finding Risen 2 to be not really all that difficult. Still fun as hell, of course, but it isn't kicking my ass like Gothic 2 did.

Can we actually turn those giant oversized pictures to links already? My internet's been shit lately and the whole page takes forever to load.

Not gonna happen (any time soon, anyway), but here's my contribution to push this thread a step closer to page 4.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Can we actually turn those giant oversized pictures to links already? My internet's been shit lately and the whole page takes forever to load.
    Heh says the man who made fun of me for using an ancient cpu/graphics card

(in before HURR NOT ALL OF US ARE PRIVILIGED ENOUGH TO LIVE IN A BROADBAND AREA)

(also I did get a beast of a PC few months ago and I bitch about Source-engine games crashing no more!)