TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner sequels, prequels and spin-offs, oh my!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Blade Runner sequels, prequels and spin-offs, oh my!

Blade Runner sequels, prequels and spin-offs planned. DO NOT WANT.

Although I'd like to see Westwood's classic adventure game side-quel to release on GOG and Steam. Preferably with source code modifications so that it'll run on flawlessly on modern systems. Please make it happen, EA.

Warner Bros-based financing and production company Alcon Entertainment (“The Blind Side,” “The Book of Eli”) co-founders and co-Chief Executive Officers Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, in the most significant property acquisition negotiations in the Company’s 13-year history, are in final discussions to secure film, television and ancillary franchise rights to produce prequels and sequels to the iconic 1982 science-fiction thriller “Blade Runner.”
    Alcon’s franchise rights would be all-inclusive, but exclude rights to remake the original. The Company, however, may produce projects based on situations introduced in the original film. The project would be distributed domestically by Warner Bros. International rights are yet to be determined.

Johnson and Kosove stated: “We are honored and excited to be in business with Bud Yorkin. This is a major acquisition for our company, and a personal favorite film for both of us. We recognize the responsibility we have to do justice to the memory of the original with any prequel or sequel we produce. We have long-term goals for the franchise, and are exploring multi-platform concepts, not just limiting ourselves to one medium only.”

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I really really hope this goes into development hell like the planned remake Videodrome and adaptation of Roadside Picnic.

All that and no remake?

Shame.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Thank god for small favors, yeah? I mean, a remake is fundamentally dangerous because you would fucking hate it, and we'd finally have something we agree on, and the universe would /0 H^H^H^H^H NO CARRIER implode on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Blade Runner sequels, prequels and spin-offs planned. DO NOT WANT.

Although I'd like to see Westwood's classic adventure game side-quel to release on GOG and Steam. Preferably with source code modifications so that it'll run on flawlessly on modern systems. Please make it happen, EA.
    This. So this.

I wonder if any potential product placement opportunities will fall flat on their face due to fear of THE CURSE.

"Multi-platform concepts" sounds like t.v. and video games.

Maybe they might make a more FPS oriented game, or one more on the GTA model. After L.A. Noire comes out, there might be a market for that kind of game (GTA+adventure), and the Blade Runner world could be pretty cool for it. Imagine being able to fly your car free-roam through the city's elevated highways, having all the atmosphere and cool destinations to visit, having air chases and fights. And on top of that the noirish detective parts. I think the idea has potential.

I've never been real thrilled with the original movie or source material. It's not bad, just a bit meh IMO. I wouldn't mind a remake or some supporting media to expand the story.

@fett, have you played the adventure game?
    It's great, very atmospheric, and the story is good. (You just have to take it as an exceptional point-&-click adventure game, as opposed to a not-very-interactive open-world game.)

Southquarter.com/fms
    Awwwww yeah....

ZylonBane
    Finally the question will be answered... has Deckard played Atari today?

So this is the trailer for which there was a trailer. Would be grand if we get a Blade Runner game out of it as good as the last one.

2049? Bloody hell are they taking their sweet time with it.

Trailer rings kind of empty to me, not sure why. But I will go to the cinema, even if the only good thing happens to be Johannsson's music.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Is that trailer some kinda stealth-Voight Kampff test? Because if it is I'm in trouble, it's making me feel nothing!

ZylonBane
    At least the trailer doesn't give away the entire plot. So it has that going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Trailer rings kind of empty to me, not sure why.
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    ...it's making me feel nothing!
    Yeah, me too. Nothing in there grabs me. It's like they're selling it on Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling just being there? FFS crack an expression, young goose.

And yet it's still better than anything we've seen so far of Alien: Covenant.

Villeneuve doing Scott better than Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    At least the trailer doesn't give away the entire plot. So it has that going for it.
    As far as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Which is nice.

Does anybody else think Ryan Gosling looks like he's trying very hard not to crack up in most of those shots?

I like the David parts of the Covenant trailers. The colonists and xenomorphs, not so much.

Moderator and Priest
    That's the way Ryan Gosling always looks. It's why I couldn't take Drive so seriously.

I love that movie.

He's a total psycho in it, but more of a "road to hell paved with good intentions" type.

Why does this trailer repeat the same scenes? In case we missed the Atari logo or the girl extending a finger?

Moderator and Priest
    That's something they've been doing recently. It's like they're doing intro trailers for trailers now.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yes, it's a terrible trend.