TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief Reloaded Contest - Final Tally and Results

Southquarter.com/fms

Thief Reloaded Contest - Final Tally and Results

OK, gotta do this quick and get to bed. I'll post some of the comments submitted by voters over the next couple of day as I get some time.

Congratulations goes to...intruder, for winning the contest with his entry, Complicated Cargo. He won both the Originality and Atmosphere categories to make a clean sweep. Well done sir, I salute you.

We had a total of 27 people who voted - thanks to you guys too, much appreciated.

OK, here's the raw data:

Overall

1. Complicated Cargo, by intruder, average score of A-.
    2. To The End With Nothing, by Haplo & Marukpa, average score of B+.
    3. Deadly Triangle, by darthslair, average score of B+ (slightly lower than #2 above).
    4. Snowball Fight, by Yandros, average score of B.
    5. The Revenge of Lt. Hagen, by Firemage, average score of B-.

I thought all the entires were great, and as you can see, even though Revenge came in at the bottom spot, it still averaged a B- among voters, so that tells you that all of the missions were quality ones. Thanks again to all the authors.

Details (letter grade scores again are averages)

Originality -

Complicated Cargo, A
    To The End With Nothing, A-
    Snowball Fight, B+
    Deadly Triangle, B+
    The Revenge of Lt. Hagen, B

Atmosphere -

Complicated Cargo, A-
    Deadly Triangle, B+
    To The End With Nothing, B
    Snowball Fight, C+
    The Revenge of Lt. Hagen, C

Player comments for each mission:

Complicated Cargo
    The Deadly Triangle
    The Revenge of Lt. Hagen
    Snowball Fight!
    To The End With Nothing

Alright, who's going to run the next contest?
    Last edited by Brethren; 20th Mar 2011 at 13:40.

Congratulations Steffen, very well deserved! Your mission was really a treat.

And congratulations to all the authors. I had great fun playing each of these missions. They were all innovative and fun. Thank you for many hours of enjoyment. Well done, all of you.

And thanks again Brethren for your hard work in oganizing and running the contest.

Huge congratulations, intruder! I just loved Complicated Cargo - Firefly rules!

And another huge thanks to everyone who participated in this contest and gave us wonderful missions to play!

Clearinghouse
    Well done, intruder Congrats!
    And congrats to all the authors!

Thanks, I really didn't expect this. Congratulations to all the other authors too, I enjoyed all of your missions very much!

Congratulations intruder!

Not surprised intruder - congratulations!

Bravo to all authors for some really interesting and enjoyable contest entries - plus big thanks to Brethren for the organisation

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Congrats, Steffen! And to all the other authors, I thoroughly enjoyed playing them all.

Congratulations to Steffen for an enjoyable mission. He was my very first DromEd teacher and it is only fair that he would beat me in the contest!

I had a lot of fun with all of the missions but I thought CC had a step or two on the rest. Congratulations intruder.

Any chance to revisit Assassins is a welcome treat so thanks darthslair.

Who doesn't like a good snow ball fight? That's what I thought. Plus it's good experience for those who will never see snow first hand.

Look ma! I'm a Haunt! Muuaaha Haa Haa! Let's go kill everything! Great fun but a bit short.

The Hagan mission I thought to be a wonderful concept but it fell short due to what I'm assuming to be scripting problems. Of course English translation was not the best. More clues and prods to cement the story and direct the player along would be most welcome. It has wining potential, I just think a bit more polish is in order. I encourage Firemage to consider a version 2.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Congratulations Intruder ! And a big thanks to all of the contest entries. Great ingenuity, and all in all, Great fun to play them. Now, where did they put that other Contest entry thread

There have not been many contests where I enjoyed every entry so thorougly. Congratulations to all authors but especially to you, intruder! And thanks to Brethren for taking the first step in a project which delivered 5 great missions.

Another HUGE thanks and congrats to ALL participants!

The obvious time and effort put in to create these awesome missions is very much appreciated!

As I've stated previously, I think the potential for incredible FMs using this "Reloaded" theme is fantastic, and I hope it is repeated many times in the future.

Congrats to all participants! I am still working my way through the missions in between my very hectic life.
    I appreciate all the time and effort people put into these fan missions!

Congratz to intruder and the other participants! Hope we have many other contests like this! I only played the winning mission (before I knew it was the winner) but I'll play all the others now. And I hope I'll stop being so lazy and actually start making a mission but I've been playing Arx lately and a little burned out of thief...

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    The Hagan mission I thought to be a wonderful concept but it fell short due to what I'm assuming to be scripting problems. Of course English translation was not the best. More clues and prods to cement the story and direct the player along would be most welcome. It has wining potential, I just think a bit more polish is in order. I encourage Firemage to consider a version 2.
    I agree entirely. I'd very much like to play this again if/when everything is fixed.

For myself, I don't think I've ever had so much trouble in voting. All the entries were just excellent!

DromEd Archmage
    Boh! I am the loser... But I think it isn't trajic, because I know that somebodies have fun! So, no trouble. Other autor have make good jobs without bugs. Me can't destroy the bug because unstripped Framed was made with these bugs. I have made the better things which I can!
    To following with another Reload Contest. That was my first contest and I regret nothing, because I had fun!

The next Fun Reload Contest Mission would be The Revange of the FireMage Jordan!
    Careful I will burn you all!

Hope I can try again with a new contest like that!

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    But I think it isn't trajic, because I know that somebodies have fun!
    I think this applies to any mission. All the work that went into a mission is well spent, if you can give people something to enjoy. Even if it lasts for just half an hour. At least this is my motto when working with DromEd

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Boh! I am the loser... But I think it isn't trajic, because I know that somebodies have fun! So, no trouble. Other autor have make good jobs without bugs. Me can't destroy the bug because unstripped Framed was made with these bugs. I have made the better things which I can!
    To following with another Reload Contest. That was my first contest and I regret nothing, because I had fun!

The next Fun Reload Contest Mission would be The Revange of the FireMage Jordan!
    Careful I will burn you all!

Hope I can try again with a new contest like that!
    Glad to see you are not discouraged FireMage - I and many others had great fun playing Revenge of Lt Hagen - and I spent more time on it than any other. You should be rightly pleased with your creation

I do not know how to use dromed but I believe there would be some things you could do to produce a Version 2 (despite the bugs you say are in the stripped version of Framed) - I still plan to post something in the main thread on it.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more fm's from you - and the other authors!

I can't wait for him to post my comments, becuase I know it's going to piss someone off.

The FMs were very good. For some reason I was in a mood for the Snowball fight, so I kept playing it. Just so nicely absurd and out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    I and many others had great fun playing Revenge of Lt Hagen - and I spent more time on it than any other.
    Me too. I spent a lot of time on this mission and I enjoyed all of it. It was a lot of fun, even with the bugs. I am looking forward to more missions from you, Firemage.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Me too. I spent a lot of time on this mission and I enjoyed all of it. It was a lot of fun, even with the bugs. I am looking forward to more missions from you, Firemage.
    Same here FireMage, I thought it was unique, and thought you did an excellent job scripting the AI.
    Looking forward to playing anything you make. Keep up the good work !
    Last edited by darthsLair; 15th Mar 2011 at 22:48. Reason: spelling

Congratulatyions for the well deserved victory, intruder! I would have voted too, but I just couldn't get around to playing all of the missions just yet! I will some day though. And I was a bit stuck in your mission, intruder. Maybe a bug, maybe not, but even tho I got the cargo nr. 2 ,the "apartments" beam wouldn't work on the oh-so-cute *hug* zeppelin.

Anyway, carry on!

Classical Master 2008
    Congratulations, intruder!

And thanks everyone for your missions!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast