TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - The Last Lighthouse Keeper (Updated 03/22/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Thanks. That leaves all the other stuff I can't use

btw:
    http://img847.imageshack.us/i/lighth.jpg/
    Oops...

Again, thank you for your help Yandros.

I'm sorry for osm scripts.

fibanocci, already went there and there's a safe I can't open....yet......
    oh no, that's not the right room, lol!

There is no safe in Sid Maier's room. Have you been outside his room and into his tower?

Yes, and up don't know what to use on the clock that highlights

From Sid Maier's room, go outside, down the steps and around to your left. There is a workshop there. You'll find what you need in there.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    don't know what to use on the clock that highlights
    A silver gear

Where am I supposed to use poison?

For those of you having a mission crash trying to play the mission, here is another mirror. We're trying to narrow down the problem so could you download this one and see if it works? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Where am I supposed to use poison?
    Put it in the trunk in Garrett's room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Put it in the trunk in Garrett's room.
    Okay. More stuff. This is a desperate fight against this huge house.

Running in circloes, only items I got are a lockpick and Enzo's letter. Haven't found a place where to put the letter.....

I think in the trunk in your room maybe? I did have the letter but I don't anymore so I think that's where it went.

It's impossible for me to find the head of the statue. Searched the keeper's room twice...

Quote Originally Posted by Yorad View Post
    It's impossible for me to find the head of the statue. Searched the keeper's room twice...
    Keepers Room jump out of the window

Thanks! Now I have all the three items. But I don't know what to do next. I have a coin, two candles and a bottle of acid also. I was almost everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Yorad View Post
    Thanks! Now I have all the three items. But I don't know what to do next. I have a coin, two candles and a bottle of acid also. I was almost everywhere...
    Coin-->prison

Acid-->safe

Where is "dead Brian"?

Thank you Eternauta, since the Thief Reloaded Contest I haven't played any new mission, I'm sure I'll enjoy this one

This...mission...is...AWESOME. Big thumbs up from me! The story, level design, puzzles- it's all just top notch stuff.
    And also, I'm reeeeally stuck.
    I've been everywhere except for the attic and the 3rd floor. I figure that I need to do something in that clock tower but I can't figure out what. I've used the silver gear on the clock, but what do I do in the "silence" section? Using the gear on the other similar clock there does nothing, and touching it just teleports me back outside the clock tower. Any help from someone who is better at problem solving than I am would be great.

Have tried the new mirror. Didn't work for me. It DID take a little longer to crash to desktop, if that means anything.

I downloaded it a few times myself.

After the 3rd download, I deleted the script.osm from the main thief 2 folder according to Slyfoxx's description earlier, and it works now from Garrettloader.

Is the voice of the ghost at the beginning the same as Brother Murus in earlier games? Sounds very similar.

Thank you very much for the FM Eternauta

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Using the gear on the other similar clock there does nothing, and touching it just teleports me back outside the clock tower.
    It also put something in your inventory. For a place to use it, look in a room down the hall from Sid Maier's room for another cuckoo clock on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It also put something in your inventory. For a place to use it, look in a room down the hall from Sid Maier's room for another cuckoo clock on the wall.
    Hmmm...I didn't get any new item added to my inventory after using the clock in the silence area and teleporting back outside (I've reloaded and tried it a few times now, never a change- and the metal gear always just stays in my inventory). Could I get a more specific hint about what room the other cuckoo clock is in? Thanks a lot for the help, I'm still really confused though.

The second, floating clock teleports you out of the "silence" area and should have put a cuckoo in your inventory. That needs to be used on the cuckoo clock on the wall near Sid Maier's room. I don't have the mission in front of me at the moment but if my memory serves, if you're outside his room facing his door, head left (east) to the end of the hall and then right (south) into a largish room. There should be a clock on the wall to your left as you enter the room. The metal gear is supposed to stay in your inventory in case you need to go back to the "silence" area for some reason.
    Last edited by Tannar; 17th Mar 2011 at 22:13.

Thanks for the info, Tannar . It seems like I might have found a bug then:
    Nothing is triggered when I press the clock in the silence area other than me teleporting. I've tried it several times, even loaded a much earlier save, and it never gives me anything extra. Of course, I went to the room you described and there was no cuckoo clock there either so maybe puzzle solutions are just different on lower difficulties? I'm playing on "suspected".

Oh, right. Sorry, my fault. I should have asked what difficulty you were playing on. That puzzle is available only on Expert. You need to get into the Keeper's rooms in order to get to the attic.

Playing on expert. I have 3 candles, the Mask, Lantern, and Coin Must've tried them all on everything I could get my hands on. Any tips?

What do I do next?

Playing "guilty" (normal) difficulty.

Shortly after I went to my room, I decided to explore as much as I could before doing the things I was asked to. I explored the second floor (including reading the tome in the middle of the Room of Wisdom) and then went down to the first floor. Since Anita's room was a logical place to hide, I went in there and triggered an objective "The ghost wants you to do something - perhaps you can learn something useful in the Room of Wisdom" (or similar verbiage). (I never saw a cutscene with the ghost in Anita's room - was one supposed to happen?) I then explored the rest of the first floor, found the mask, used the mask, and got an eye.

Going up to the Room of Wisdom and reading the book in the center doesn't trigger that objective or any others, there are apparently no other readables in the Room of Wisdom, and I still can't get into the Infirmary. I also don't have anything that I can put into my "evidence case" in my room. I do have Anita's lantern but haven't found a use for it.

So, what do I do next?

- prjames

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast