TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - The Last Lighthouse Keeper (Updated 03/22/2011)

@ Spyrano: Youíll need a couple more candles before you can do anything with them. For the mask, you need to find Jacobís room. Itís downstairs near the kitchen. There is a table outside with some ghost guards. Put the mask on the table. Take what you find in Jacobís room to the crypt. That will get you what you need to use the coin.

@ prjames: There is no cutscene with the ghost. If youíve been reading the books and scrolls you should have some idea of what Anitaís ghost needs. See my reply to Spyrano above. That will also get you what you need to get into the infirmary.

I had trouble with a small file downloading to so insted of clicking on it and waiting for the window i rt clicked>save target> and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You need to get into the Keeper's rooms in order to get to the attic.
    Oooh, okay, so everything is working fine then.

Well, now I have an entirely new problem for anyone who can help: where do I find the key for the keeper's rooms? The door to the staircase is locked. I'm playing on the middle difficulty.

It's in the safe in Shepard's room on the first floor. But what staircase are you talking about?

spoiler:
    Using the Metal Gear on the clock in the tower past Sid's room teleports me down, then I fall and take some damage. At the bottom is a spinning box with loot, but no way out. I hear there's supposed to be a clock to teleport me back out?

You shouldn't fall or take damage there. You should be able to "fly" around inside the tower. Up near the door there is a floating cuckoo clock that teleports you out of the tower when frobbed. If you can't "fly" then there is something wrong. Perhaps it's related to the other odd problems a few people are having.

Where do I find the gear?

See this post.

WOW!

Creepy / gloomy story.

Finally finished.
    Two hints for the players.

1. I found it hard to figure out what goes into the trunk in Garretts room; almost everything you find goes in there

2. The "plates" for the candles on the staircase to the 3rd floor are very hard to see. 5 candles were needed to see any plates at all

I'm having trouble picking up bodies of bj'ed hammerites. I seem to crash whenever i try picking them up...any ideas why?

Also, what was the reward for returning a certain coin? Nothing seemed to happen

...and where are the candles? I have 4, but I dont recall getting them..they were anita, cindy, mike..and someone else..i put the first one of the stairs already
    Last edited by Lawviz; 18th Mar 2011 at 07:37.

How do to get into Sid's room? The door is only half-open. Playing on expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    How do to get into Sid's room? The door is only half-open. Playing on expert.
    You need a crowbar

it's in the kitchen

anita, cindy, mike..and someone else.
    plus Brenda and Brian
    Last edited by fibanocci; 18th Mar 2011 at 07:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    Also, what was the reward for returning a certain coin? Nothing seemed to happen
    There's alockpick next to the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    You need a crowbar

it's in the kitchen

plus Brenda and Brian
    maybe i had brian's candle...where is brenda's?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    maybe i had brian's candle...where is brenda's?
    You need poison from the infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    You need a crowbar

it's in the kitchen

plus Brenda and Brian
    I already used it on Sid's door. It doesn't open more than on half. Is this a bug?

Yes, it's a bug. When I was opening the door I stood too close to it, which prevented it from opening fully. Well, I already finished the mission. Very nice, Eternauta.

Hmm...one more question..where do you use the 3 pieces to obtain the gem?

Side note: you can bj Brian at the end and i think you're stuck in the game forever. That's what you get for knocking out a ghost o_O

In the chapel/church. You'll find a ledge near the altar thingy. Then listen.

Well I'm now stuck on the candles. Brian and Brenda are lit and I've got Cindy in my inventory. So clues for Anita and Mike would be welcome.
    Last edited by nickie; 18th Mar 2011 at 10:43.

Just finished this mission. Played in hardest difficulty. 275 loot unfound. Completed every objective thrown at me. Only found 1 secret (rat)

My opinion? It tells a very good story, and the architecture is good, though all the rooms appearing identical does get a little confusing at times. Thank goodness for the map. The gameplay is essentially a complicated keyhunt, though at least some originality in the "keys" is used to make it more interesting. And the inventory is never cluttered with keys, though the same can't be said for readables.

The only part that stumped me involved Sid's Metal Gear, as it's located in a room that was locked when I first tried it, but somehow seems to have unlocked itself by some action of mine. It was only by chance that I actually tried opening the door normally instead of trying the various "keys" I was lugging around.

Overall it's a solid mission, but save for a few moments (Sid's tower, Jacob's Room, the secret garden and the third floor) it's not breaking any new ground or doing anything different. It's all been done before in Thief... though in most cases not as well as this. It's thought through, attention is paid to detail, the story is engaging enough to keep people going and the Christmas theme doesn't feel out of place.

It'd rate it a solid 8. Well worth your time, but keep your expectations in check.

Now to try to help some of the lost taffers here...

To get to the third floor you need to find 5 candles. You're "rewarded" with candles for completing each part of the murder mystery and putting the respective evidence in the trunk, with one exception.

Anita's candle is awarded once you return the painting to its proper place. There's a readable lying around that tells you where to find it.

Mike's candle is found by finding the motive. To find the motive you must open a safe, but there's no key or pick that can open it. You'll have to find something unusual to bust the lock.

You'll need to recover one of the "keys" after you've used it, to use it elsewhere after you've completed a certain objective. Brian mentions this in a readable, and it is needed to find the murder weapon.

Now for my questions to the author:

# There is a wooden box high up in the crypt. Does this box do anything?

# Down in the prisons, past the small canal there is a door that would not open. Is there a way to open it?

# In the attic there's another door that I couldn't find how to open. There's a rat right next to it. Does this door open as well?

Thanks for the tips on my missing candles. There's another secret in the Room of Wisdom.

Re: Mike's candle. Is there another safe anywhere apart from the one you open with acid?
    Last edited by nickie; 18th Mar 2011 at 12:38.

Anyone notice a fps drop at the beginning when the lamp is on in the starting room? When i switch the lamp off the fps increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    To get to the third floor you need to find 5 candles.
    The number of candles needed differs with the difficulty level you play on. And the answer to all of your questions is no. But in the crypt and the attic, there is something very nearby each of those.

Could someone give me an explicit clue on what to do with Kash's coin please?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast