TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - The Last Lighthouse Keeper (Updated 03/22/2011)

Thanks Tannar. I got the poison and did that. I've not had an objective about a painting. And I can't find anything to tell me about the painting or even that it's missing although I did read the plaque by where it used to be. I did look at the objectives and the books to see if they would help but there's nothing that I can find, no readable, that might trigger anything that I can use.

So far, I've found and used in the trunk a letter, a calling card and the poison and I think I got a candle for each, but I'm not 100% sure.

And by the way, thank you for your efforts in this.

Tanner and whoever can help! I am on normal difficulty. I went back to Anitas and the letter is on the ground under the table unfrobbable. Are you sure once Anita gets herlantern that she gives you the prison key and your just supposed to somehow know that you can go back for the letter? As this makes no mission design sense at all. She should give the object and tell you that you can get the letter. Otherwise how are you supposed to know about the letter? But anyways I guesss this is a major bug making this mission unplayable. Any help or a quick patch would be appreciated!

Went back to an earlier save to see if the letter was on the table but nope......
    Pls don't tell me it's game over.........

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Did you get the poison in the infirmary or have you returned Anita's painting? I can't remember which one it is on the diffiuclty level you are playing at but it should be one of those.
    Looks like the candles for Mike or Anita is missing on "suspected". No money box in the safe, no Anita painting anywhere to be found. So where's the 4th one?

As far as I can remember, in the safe I got a letter or scroll type thing, a purse and a key. But that's just a 'think'.

Whilst searching for clues when I was looking through the books, there was something about needing something for the bookcase in front of the stairs to the attic - MechanismSH.str - I didn't get anything like this. Whatever was blocking the staircase blew up as I went through the door in the attic and the way down and out was clear. Perhaps that spoilt whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Tanner and whoever can help! I am on normal difficulty. I went back to Anitas and the letter is on the ground under the table unfrobbable. Are you sure once Anita gets herlantern that she gives you the prison key and your just supposed to somehow know that you can go back for the letter? As this makes no mission design sense at all. She should give the object and tell you that you can get the letter. Otherwise how are you supposed to know about the letter? But anyways I guesss this is a major bug making this mission unplayable. Any help or a quick patch would be appreciated!
    I was a little nervous at this point too, being as I went back and saw the envelope under the table, but actually: Anita won't sign the document for her until you find out the truth behind her death. You need to actually go to the prison area and approach some bars with blood behind them, then you're teleported somewhere nearby and have another ghost sighting. After this, the envelope should be in the right place (and there will be a new note on the wall above it).
    Also, I'm completely in the same boat as Nickie. I need one more candle and I can't figure out where it would be. I'm assuming I get it as a reward for finding Brian's body, but I have no clue where to start looking for it, I think I've been just about everywhere 3 times at this point.

Oh and Nickie, about your above post: the puzzle for opening that bookshelf is only on expert, supposedly. On our difficulty it just randomly explodes. HOORAY!

Oh good! I like random explosions. Well that's one thing ticked off the list of ponderables.

The Mike, THANK YOU!!! You got me in business again!

I think I shall start again on Expert. None of these problems would have been evident in testing so maybe my machine will like Expert better! Also, I think I might have been missing out on some lovely puzzles by not playing on Expert.

On "Suspected", I have 3 candles (Brian, Brenda and Cindy - but I can't place Cindy) and have completed all the objectives apart from the gem, find Brian, and get out. What am I missing?

Ok, sorry for any confusion earlier. I was trying to answer questions while at work without the mission or my notes in front of me. Here is how the sequence of events with Anita should work:

1. When you first get to Garrett's room, read the note on the desk that explains that you need to get a signed application letter to get into the infirmary. Also, pick up the unsigned application letter from the desk.
    2. Go to Anita's room and drop the letter on the table near the door. Enter her room and take her lantern.
    3. Go to the Room of Wisdom and read the Book of Wisdom.
    4. Go to the chapel and get the mask.
    5. Go to the Jacob's room and put the mask on the table outside his door. Enter his room and take the eye.
    6. Go to the crypt and use the eye on the pedestal which opens Anita's tomb.
    7. Enter Anita's tomb and use the lantern on the chain. She will give you the prison key.
    8. Go to the prison and follow the trail of blood. Read the note next to her body and you will get Darko's calling card.
    9. Return to Anita's room and the signed letter should be waiting for you on the table, as well as a Thank You note on the wall.
    10. Take the signed letter to the infirmary.

If you do these things and any one of them doesn't work, let me know. And for anyone else experiencing bugs, crashes etc., if you could send me a saved game from just before where the problem occurs and a brief statement of what the problem is, we will try to find out what is causing the problem.

None of these issues showed up in over 5 months of continuous beta testing. There seems to be something wrong with the release version and we would like to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Just checking in. I'm experiencing and immediate crash upon entering the game world. I'll check the NV script issue.

edit...tried that...nothing.

Anyway I pulled out NVscript.osm, thnscript.osm, scrip.osm and script-t2.osm and the game launced OK. I put back NVscritp and it launced OK. I put back script-t2 and it launched ok but this time I see a time and location noted at the top of the screen. I put back the thnscript and it launched. When I put script.osm in it crashed. So script.osm seems the culprit here.

Is this going to work?
    SlyFoxx,

Thanks for posting your findings. I did exactly what you did and everything works fine now.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    On "Suspected", I have 3 candles (Brian, Brenda and Cindy - but I can't place Cindy) and have completed all the objectives apart from the gem, find Brian, and get out. What am I missing?
    I'm just going to quote this, because I'm stuck in almost exactly the same situation (the only difference being that I found the gem).

Swiz, if you want to know how to find the gem (though it won't help you with the other two objectives): You probably already know this, but you need 3 items. First, the pirate necklace, which is in Josef's room and is extremely easy to find. The second is the statue hand, which is in the attic behind some cobwebs in the small out-of-the-way cubbyhole area(located on the right wall in the interconnecting hallway between the attic's two main rooms). The third is the statue head which is in the Keeper's section of the house. Jump through the window you see the ghost jump up to, from there you can't miss it. Then just bring these 3 items to the church and put them on the display area near the main altar on the ground floor (doing this "opens" a bookcase on the second floor of the church).

a little stuck--playing on hard

I have placed 3 candles on the stairs, looking for the rest.

already found/used the necklace, hand, head in the church.

There is a plate on the wall in the crypt that needs something, but I do not know what.

I have helped Anita and put the poison in its place, giving me a candle.

Need a hint please. REad abouit 2nd secret in room of wisdom ,not sure what the secret is.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I have placed 3 candles on the stairs, looking for the rest.
    Which three candles did you place?

There is a plate on the wall in the crypt that needs something, but I do not know what.
    Hint: Look for a room on the first floor between the kitchen and the chapel called the Guardian of the Bood of Entrance.

REad abouit 2nd secret in room of wisdom ,not sure what the secret is.
    Check the bookcases really "close".

What about the optional extra about the guardian (eh)?

Playing on normal, going back for expert later to get those puzzles. In the meantime I have the gem, put the poison in its place. I have Brenda's candle. How many do I need?

Only thing left to do, discover the identity of the murderer, find Dead Brian. A hint would be appreciated.
    I've found 2 out of the 3 secrets. Getting there. Hell I just realized I still need that coin.

I think most of the problems in this thread are based around not being able to complete the "where is dead Brian?" objective on hard mode. I'm assuming that completing this objective gives you the final candle most of us are looking for. Anyone mind giving an outright spoiler on this one? I've been trying off and on to solve this all day.

BrokenArts: I don't know if it's exactly the same on normal as it is on hard mode, but if you have the poison then that means you already found Anita's body. Next to it there should have been a handkerchief with the murderer's call sign on it. Putting that in the box in Garrett's room completes the "murderer's identity" objective.

The Mike, thanks for the info. :-)

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by ganac View Post
    What about the optional extra about the guardian (eh)?
    You need to visit both of the "guardian" rooms, find a particular item in one of them, and then take it down in the crypt area. This leads to a bonus area containing Gustav's body.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    I think most of the problems in this thread are based around not being able to complete the "where is dead Brian?" objective on hard mode. I'm assuming that completing this objective gives you the final candle most of us are looking for. Anyone mind giving an outright spoiler on this one? I've been trying off and on to solve this all day.
    This is apparently a bug that somehow crept into the release version. The bug seems to only occur on Hard. Normal and Expert work fine. There are only three candles to find on Hard: Brian, Brenda and Cindy. But for some reason, Cindy won't attach to the plate. We're working on the problem and will post a revision as soon as we figure it out.

The game crashes when I start the mission. I also tried another mirrors but still crashed

Aimee: There seems to be a problem with one of the scripts for some people. We are working on a revision for the mission but if you want to try something you can unzip the archive, delete "script.osm" and rezip the archive. This may fix the crash (though it is still unclear if this affects anything important in the mission).

Tannar, that's what has been happening to me, 2 candles put and Cindy's not sticking to the candleholder......

Thanks for the candle explanation. Did think I was going nuts - such a relief.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast