TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - The Last Lighthouse Keeper (Updated 03/22/2011)

I don't know if it's different on Normal. There's a letter on the table in the lighthouse and once I'd read that, the objective ticked off.

Apart from the 2 objectives: "Don't kill anybody." and "When you have finished all your goals, reach Brian's ghost at the lighthouse." I'd finished all other objectives. Maybe that makes a difference. There wasn't any 'looking harder' needed for me.
    Last edited by nickie; 19th Mar 2011 at 16:49.

Finally went back and finished the mission on expert (not something I would usually do so soon, being as I almost beat it on hard just yesterday- but this mission is really fantastic and it was killing me not knowing how it ends). Aside from that unfortunate bug that breaks the game on Hard mode, this mission is nearly flawless! The best FM I've played in a long, long time!
    Some notes:

1. Jacob's "disappearing room" was a really neat effect! I love how it's so warm and inviting...and then you notice the dagger, and the blood, and the two things on the nightstand that, upon closer inspection, are FRICKEN' EYEBALLS. After this, the room shows its true self. Really awesome!
    2. That jump moment in the prison area was extremely evil. How do you not throw your keyboard across the room when that scream kicks in?! THAT'S NOT RIGHT MAN.
    3. I can tell that you were really influenced by the game Undying, which is great since I love that game. The sound of the dead mother singing in the crypts gave me nightmares when I first played it, now though, when I heard that sound in this FM (for those who don't know what I'm talking about, it plays when you're going up to the mansions second floor right at the beginning), I realized how funny it actually is. She sounds more drunk than anything (I still loved the reference though).
    4. There was some really terrifying shit in this mission- the knocking coming from within Anita's coffin, both of the "guardian" rooms, the crying in the attic (AND THAT DAMN COUGHING NOISE! What was that!? It was so stupid but I jumped so bad!), going into the keeper's area for the first time, that initial dark tour of the mansion before the hammerites appear- really creepy stuff.
    5. I like how this is the latest in a long line of spooky mansion missions where Garrett falls over a wall and breaks all of his stuff. I'm beginning to think that whenever Garrett trips and falls, a haunted mansion spawns into existence.
    6. I was hoping for some kind of run-in with Darko. Sequel maybe?

Started over on Expert, and have found it is really no more difficult than Hard....just more things are available to you. I'm looking around to find out:
    1. what happened when I returned Kashs' pirate coin?...I heard a noise but can't find what may have opened.
    2. I want my lockpick....wah. I thought it was in the kitchen near the rat? Wheresit?

Please, and Thank You!

I ~love~ this game, man. An unfolding story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    1. what happened when I returned Kashs' pirate coin?...I heard a noise but can't find what may have opened.
    2. I want my lockpick....wah. I thought it was in the kitchen near the rat? Wheresit?
    The lockpick is on the floor very close to you

Thanks, Fibanocci, I was standing on it!

At the risk of sounding dense, I don't know what to do with the candles. Which stairway? What plates? Totally at a loss. Have completed everything but the 3rd floor and the lighthouse.

I think you answered your own question. It's the staircase in the Keeper's rooms that leads to the third floor. Go up a few steps and look closely at the steps. You'll see some little plates that highlight. That's where the candles go.

I finished this on 'guilty' then played a different short mission and finished that, now I am replaying this one on 'innocent'.

Has anyone ghosted this yet? No water arrows, no lights out, etc.

I am attempting this now.

It is a really good looking mission with nice paintings, which reminds me a little of some of the paintings in Zontik's 'Kings Chant'. I also really like the deja vu sounds from somewhere in a digital rendition of some Irish mansion grounds.

Good stuff, Eternauta.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    There's a letter on the table in the lighthouse and once I'd read that, the objective ticked off. I'd finished all other objectives. Maybe that makes a difference. There wasn't any 'looking harder' needed for me.
    I didn't even make it up to the second floor where the letter is; I totally missed the button that teleports you up. I even thought "this is a weird elevator, there is no 'call' button outside"

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    At the risk of sounding dense, I don't know what to do with the candles. Which stairway? What plates? Totally at a loss. Have completed everything but the 3rd floor and the lighthouse.
    Go to where you heard Christmas music, and looking down from the top look at the steps at each side.

I play on expert. I have all the candles except Mike. My question:
    Where can I find acid?

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Where can I find acid?
    In the infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    In the infirmary
    Sorry. In what place? There is nothing ... Is the button to a secret place? I can not find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Sorry. In what place?
    It's near the front door.

I thought the acid was in the storeroom near Jeremy's and Shephard's rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I thought the acid was in the storeroom near Jeremy's and Shephard's rooms.
    Yes, of course! My bad
    I mixed it up with the poison

It's near the front door.
    On the right door are two glass bottles and green cup (I think it's acid). I can not take anything.
    What to do, maybe it was some error?

Edit:
    Thanks, only now I read

Yes, of course! My bad
    I mixed it up with the poison
    You have no idea how good it is to know I'm not the only one who sometimes get things wrong. I feel so much better now!

Fantastic mission !
    I love such big mansion missions with a couple of puzzles in it.
    But I must admit that I had to check this thread a few times in order to figure out what to do.
    Was there any hint that you need to put evidences into the chest ?
    I perfectly missed that as well as going straight through the portcully in the prison area.
    I was pretty stuck for quite a while because of that.
    I finished on Normal with all secrets and loot and I will definitely replay it on Expert !

Not like you gnartsch! The letter that you get at the beginning with the key and your blackjack tells you what to do with the evidence:

I've prepared a bedroom for you within the estate.
    There is a trunk for you to store all the evidence
    I collected throughout the community these three
    long years. So, first reach this room. It's marked
    on the map.

Toward this end, I have also provided some of your
    old gear to help you better play the part.

The last lighthouse keeper was going to die
    anyway; you know how.

Brian"

And yes, it's well worth playing on Expert!

What must I do to pickup the acid? I have frobbed it without results. Isn't it that burbling, green bottle just inside the infirmary door?
    What am I missing here?

No it isn't. The acid is in a storeroom near the bedrooms of Jeremy, Shephard etc. The bottle from the infirmary is Poison and is pinkish/reddish and is in the far room.

Yip.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 20th Mar 2011 at 17:05.

What does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I perfectly missed that as well as going straight through the portcully in the prison area.
    I also missed that for a couple of hours!!

Thank, nickie. I have the poison; just missing the acid, and boy, did I miss it.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast