TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - The Last Lighthouse Keeper (Updated 03/22/2011)

Awesome fm but I cant find the head.I dont remember a ghost jumping through a window and cant seem to jump through any myself.

Quote Originally Posted by trioptimumscapes View Post
    Awesome fm but I cant find the head.I dont remember a ghost jumping through a window and cant seem to jump through any myself.
    Yes you can. In the Keepers Rooms

oops I am an idiot I only checked the windows upstairs lol.Anyway a fantastic mission thats up there with the best.

AWESOME!!

Finally finished after having to restart on lnnocent. I wish I would have known that before starting, but this mission was well worth it!!!

Thank you Eternauta for giving us this masterpiece

help!

This is a wonderfull mission, im playing on normal mode, but im finding it to hard, im trying to find the weapon of crime and the lightkeeper corpse, where is it? im tired of searching the whole mansion, i have a candle and used it on a staircase, but i need to find the other, where the hell is it? Eternauta, this is an outstanding mission but you should make the challenge more acessible for normal mode.

Pedro, see this post. That will get you the murder weapon.

I'm having an odd problem, and searching through this thread, it doesn't seem like anyone else is having the same problem:

I've been the the Room of Wisdom and read the book, but when I go to the church, open the shrine cabinet, and frob the mask, the mask doesn't go into my inventory--it just disappears.

My scripts seem to be working just fine (I loaded Among Two Storms before playing this mission just to check that my scripts were working okay, since it seems some people are having issues with them not loading for this mission). I have no idea what could be causing this problem, and since I need to do something with the mask in order to proceed, this is essentially a mission-breaking issue. Any ideas?

--Jennifer

First, what difficulty level are you playing on?

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    There might be spoilers here:

I really liked the different effects in this mission, especially the way that the objects in some rooms would appear before your eyes when you walked into them. The tone and atmosphere of that third floor was quite moving, with the christmas music playing and the colored lights and the ghostly rooms. I liked the creative way of sticking the player in the middle of the mansion so that they had to get out rather than in. I found the puzzles had a good progression that drove the mission along, and weren't overly difficult. Very nice use of lighting all over.

My criticism with the level, is that I wish the player was a little more involved in the story and the mystery. I found the revelation and conclusion of the story didn't really have that much of an impact on me (except for finding the dead woman, that part was well done, to the point of feeling the misery of the woman). However, the introduction of Lord Enzo and Darko didn't mean as much to me, maybe because they were not actually present in the mission itself. Just my two cents, but if they were actually living in the mansion in the present, the player would interact and be more connected to them, and the discovery of the evidence would seem more meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    First, what difficulty level are you playing on?
    Innocent (Expert)

I have the same problem as Whitefantom plus the problem with being stuck at the bottom of the tower of clocks. Playing on innocent (hardest) after failing to complete hard. Seems like this FM aint for me.

Just a thought - do I need to do things in a particular order to avoid these glitches?

So I take your still working on the hard difficulty candle problem? I hope it's fixed soon as I'm stuck there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    Just a thought - do I need to do things in a particular order to avoid these glitches?
    This post gives you the order in which things are supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    So I take your still working on the hard difficulty candle problem? I hope it's fixed soon as I'm stuck there too.
    The candle problem is fixed. Not sure if everything else is fixed yet though. But you are missing some fun not playing on Expert. It really isn't very different from Hard, just more puzzles.
    Last edited by nickie; 21st Mar 2011 at 10:45.

i compleated the mission, on normal and now playing on hard, i gave up on expert,all those clocks not one highlighted, where is the keeper,key on expert, its not where nickie and tannar said it was. can someone please help.

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    i compleated the mission, on normal and now playing on hard
    Read the first posting in this thread.

New version coming soon!

WhiteFantom, Imhotep and anyone else experiencing bugs: We are working on a fixed version and it should be available soon. We think we've fixed all the problems and are doing some final testing.

Tannar - Good. I'm really enjoying this FM and want to finish it.

Yes, thanks Tannar.

Guys,

sorry for all bugs.

Good to here!

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Read the first posting in this thread.
    which posting is that,i still cant find the keepers key its in a different place on easy and hard so i guess its somewhere else on expert,but where

The first post says not to play on Hard level because there's a problem with the candles. I'm sorry, I don't remember where that key is on Expert. I should do though. If I guess, it could be somewhere in those rooms that are close together, Jeremy's, Shepard's or one of those.
    Last edited by nickie; 21st Mar 2011 at 15:08.

On normal, the key is in Jeremy's room. On Hard, it is in the safe in Shepard's room. But this is going to change in the revised version. Don't play on Hard in this version, you won't be able to complete the mission. On Expert, it is only in the Keeper's rooms. You will have to find a different way to get into the Keeper's rooms on Expert.

I really don't remember at all how I got in now.

Ooops! Yes I do!

Phew! Almost 5 hours on Innocent (with hints from this thread,) less than 200 short on loot. Did everything- but only 2 of 3 secrets.

I isolated script.osm from T2 directory to cure the crashing...

I liked the reworked sounds, and was happy those awful electric lamps on short poles had switches - I hope future FM authors use them!

Thank You Eternauta for an excellent mission!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast