TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - The Last Lighthouse Keeper (Updated 03/22/2011)

Just wanted to say that I deeply enjoyed this mission and it definitely goes on my list as one of the most recommended FM's. The only thing that didn't make any sense to me was why acid was used for such a thing. Anyway, thanks very much for such an excellent mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    WhiteFantom, Imhotep and anyone else experiencing bugs: We are working on a fixed version and it should be available soon. We think we've fixed all the problems and are doing some final testing.
    I'm very glad to hear it--I've loved this mission so far, and I really want to be able to finish it. :-)

--Jennifer

Finally finished on expert. What a wonderful mission. I'm not a fan of backtracking so much, but with the great architecture and story, it wasn't so bad.

I finished the mission on expert. This is a very interesting mission. I guess I'll be back to her to make up the loot (2313/2525) and find all the secrets. (2 / 3). Total time (5 hours 5 minutes 43 seconds).
    fibanocci and nickie: Thank you for your help.

Finished

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Pedro, see this post. That will get you the murder weapon.
    Thanks Mike, that was helpfull, i could i guess that the letter above anita´s table was different from the one i left there.

Finished this amazing mission, the design of the mission is simply wonderful, i loved all the moments i spent in the mansion, the crypt is also nicely done, the atmosphere is sweet, relaxing and mysterious , also the ambient musics are beautifull, the gameplay is very enjoyable though a bit hard sometimes, the storyline is captivating, and it was so good to hear new sounds (opening doors, looting, walking, cycle inventory...etc.) also the paintings are a great choice, they fit well with the mansion.

Eternauta, this is one of the best missions i ever played, i´m really looking foward to play your next creation...keep the excellent work

Already played this wonderful FM twice. Easy and expert. Really enjoyed both times. Next time, I think Ill just walk around and look at everything. Loved the puzzles, They were reallyhard the first time.

Thanxs for so much enjoyment,

Hope Vincent

it seem that i am the only one who cant get the clock to highlight,anyone else had this problem on expert.

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    it seem that i am the only one who cant get the clock to highlight,anyone else had this problem on expert.
    You are probably looking at the
    spoiler:
    wrong clock. Look up above and you'll see another clock way up high. Climb the wooden clocks to get up there.

Changes in version 1.1

Mission no longer crashes when entering game world.
    Mission no longer crashes when blackjacking or picking up
    Hammerites.
    Candles now attach to plates correctly.
    I was unable to replicate several reported problems but they were
    likely related to a script error and may have been fixed.

Thanks to Yandros, Tannar and Nickie for your help.

A big thanks to brethren for the link:

The Last Lighthouse Keeper v1.1

Thanks guys for your patience.
    Last edited by Eternauta; 22nd Mar 2011 at 12:37.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    You are probably looking at the
    spoiler:
    wrong clock. Look up above and you'll see another clock way up high. Climb the wooden clocks to get up there.
    thnks will try that

Well, I'm finished on normal but still curious about the function of the clocktower and about where is the gem? Maybe I should try on harder difficulties. Very, very nice mission, it's among the all time best!
    Last edited by ticky; 22nd Mar 2011 at 15:48.

We need more links to 1.1. I'm getting less than 20kb a sec on the one provided. Something wrong at southquarter? I was over a meg for the first version.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Maybe I should try on harder difficulties.
    Definitely! I don't often play on Expert but it's well worth it here. There are several clues lying around this thread as to what you need to do for the gem. If you read the right thing, you'll get a note in your inventory telling you what to find and where. You place them in the church and then you'll hear a sound upstairs. Go investigate that sound.

Guess we will have to wait for better links for 1.1 The one given is not only less than 20kb a sec, but crashes during download repeatedly making it worthless unfortunately. Hope there is a new one soon!

Edit: Tried going to southquarter and it appears the site is down. All you get is a picture of t3 southquarter and no links. Hope this is fixed soon!

Playing while ghosting on Expert or 'Innocent' as it is listed but I am having a hard time finding a way into the Keeper's rooms.

I have most items already placed in the trunk and have received 4 candles. Still have Darko's Calling card and numerous letters. I have not got into 'Guardian Of The Entrance Room' but have the black book from the other Guardian room.

I recall reading something about a 'sploding bookcase' in these threads on the expert difficulty possibly near the upper chapel floor and one of the keeper entrances. Am I on the right track? Is there something I need to make this bookcase do this? Is it a different bookcase?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Guess we will have to wait for better links for 1.1 The one given is not only less than 20kb a sec, but crashes during download repeatedly making it worthless unfortunately. Hope there is a new one soon!

Edit: Tried going to southquarter and it appears the site is down. All you get is a picture of t3 southquarter and no links. Hope this is fixed soon!
    Must be your connection, I got 500-600k and got the file no problem. Also, the front end of Southquarter has been like that for a long time (at least a year) ever since they got hacked, but downloads are still available.

I downloaded v1.1 but still have the same problem - game crashes when I try to pick up a water crystal

I finally reached the Keeper's Rooms.

After stealing a key from a belt and getting into the proper rooms, eventually a little bird told me where to find the entrance. Other than finding a use for the relic, I do not think I will have any more problems ghosting through this the rest of the way through on expert, at least I hope not.

Very enjoyable this one, but like others, on expert, I've got a few probs.
    No cuckoo or mask in my inventory when I picked it up\ opened the box.

Also, Garrett occasionally says 'Damn' and I get tellied back to the start. Why is this?

Sometimes the opening dialogue starts to play at random intervals. When I started the mission it kept looping - at one point I had 4 ghosts in my room talking to me!

Yandros its not my connection. I download over a meg a sec everywhere else. I have comcast cable.

Edit: only getting 10kb now and that link is the only one thats slow for me so it can't be the connection. Please fix soon!

Well this was a fantastic mission. Finished on Hard, but I think I found a bug or broke a script or something: in the lighthouse, Brian's ghost only appears if I haven't completed the optional gem task. So I can only finish the mission if I don't have the gem on me. If I do, then reading the final letter on the table won't make the ghost appear.

Oh well, I've seen practically everything there is to see, except maybe a slightly different speech at the end... right?

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    in the lighthouse, Brian's ghost only appears if I haven't completed the optional gem task. So I can only finish the mission if I don't have the gem on me. If I do, then reading the final letter on the table won't make the ghost appear.
    That letter tells you what to do. If you have the gem, you have to drop it on the table there. That will get you another objective and a different ending with a bit more to it than just a slightly different speech.

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    found a bug or broke a script or something: in the lighthouse, Brian's ghost only appears if I haven't completed the optional gem task. So I can only finish the mission if I don't have the gem on me. If I do, then reading the final letter on the table won't make the ghost appear.
    I had a same problem on expert, I rid myself of the gem on the table, but the meeting Brian at the lighthouse objective did not check.

I managed to ghost this mission for the most part, but not completely, I had to put out a single torch in the crypt for the relic related objective, and had to put out one lantern in the cave tunnel to the lighthouse.

Has anyone ghosted completely through this mission yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Well, I'm finished on normal but still curious about the function of the clocktower? Maybe I should try on harder difficulties.
    The clocktower is really only relevant to a puzze on Expert. On the lower difficulties, all you do there is get some loot.

@ OldMeat: Put Darko’s calling card into the trunk to get another candle. You need 5 total on Expert. If you already have 4 candles and you still have the calling card in your inventory then you must have returned the painting. That means you must have been to the attic. If so, that’s how you are supposed to get into the Keeper’s rooms on Expert. As for the bookcase, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylyc View Post
    I downloaded v1.1 but still have the same problem - game crashes when I try to pick up a water crystal
    This is troublesome. Would you try removing script.osm from your Thief folder? Just rename it to something else (you can rename it correctly if this doesn’t work), load the mission in Darkloader or Garrettloader and see if you still get the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Very enjoyable this one, but like others, on expert, I've got a few probs.
    Are you playing the original version or version 1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    I had a same problem on expert, I rid myself of the gem on the table, but the meeting Brian at the lighthouse objective did not check.
    It doesn't complete if you put the gem on the table because you won't meet him there. You will meet him elsewhere and that objective will just be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    I managed to ghost this mission for the most part, but not completely, I had to put out a single torch in the crypt for the relic related objective, and had to put out one lantern in the cave tunnel to the lighthouse.
    Has anyone ghosted completely through this mission yet?
    Dowsing torches and turning off lights doesn't bust a ghost. That is only for Supreme Ghost mode. So it sounds like you have ghosted the mission. And it is definitely ghostable. I did it many times during beta testing.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast