TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thief Gold Fm-The Tower of St. Moria-Released-March 20th, 2011

A mission with burricks !!
    Great! I love burricks

Brilliant!!...I enjoyed this mission!...this is what Thief is all about!...finished with about 50 short,but I think they were the purses on some of the congregation in the church but I kept being seen and couldnt get to the front

Please.....Make more missions!

Must have been something else then. All the purses were 100 each. And there were 4 in the Church in total.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    @Marbrien If you go to your thief directory, or rightclick on the thief icon, this should tell you what version you are using, and Sagittal is correct. There is a difference in scripting, and you will probably require a Thief Gold Disk set to play it ,so it functions properly. I have seen this in beta testing even years back. There are also a bunch of resources you will be lacking to really enjoy the benefits of Thief Gold. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I am working on a T2 version at this time, and it wont be long, you could possilbly replay it then.

Marbrien, you could try this convict.osm for thief gold, and see if it works for you then, or find a newer gen.osm. This might fix you up to play with T1/TG patch.

on this page:http://www.thief-thecircle.com/media/patches/
    Last edited by darthsLair; 22nd Mar 2011 at 01:16.

O M G! OH NO HE DID'NT!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    It hasn't done that. It remains in the clock, it highlights, but I can't take it and no amount of bashing it with sword, blackjack, lockpicks etc shifts it. And the nearby cage is not highlighting.
    He, He, He BASHED MY little birdie?

That's it! Now he shalt be cleaning the ALL the lavatories with thy
    eyebrow brush!
    To thieve or not to thieve?
    Oh hell, that aint even a question!

Can only play T2 and TDM missions. Hope to see it on T2 soon!

Thank you, D.L., for all your hard work on this FM Gold. It is so appreciated.

One thing I noticed is that when I took the medallion it didn't check off in my objectives.
    Maybe it's because I snatched it fast and ran for the ladder. That way I dodged having to fight the mummy in the casket.

Anyway it's worth a replay because I missed some money, and want to see if I can resolve the above problem by fighting fair and square. ^_^

You have to defeat the mummy to complete that objective.

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    I have a problem Not addressed in the forgoing posts. I did not read them just scanned to see if someone else had the same.

I have 112GB of disc space. When I try to save I get a "Not enough disc space". Any suggestions welcome.

I still have the game running and will play through until I get busted, but I really need some advice on this error.

No other missions cause that "no can save" problem.

Just delete some random files on your computer that you no longer need or create some new ones. I know this is odd but that will fix the problem for you.

That isn't the problem. That is a normal fix for running the game on occasion, but that should happen all the time not just with this FM.

Thanks, I already thought of that. I've used it before.

; not enough disk space to install, in many languages
    no_diskspace_english You have %dM of free disk space. Thief requires %dM. Thief cannot run.
    no_diskspace_french Vous avez %dMo de libre. Dark exige %dMo de libre. Il ne peut pas fonctionner.
    no_diskspace_german %dMB freien Speicherplatz. Dark ben”tigt %dMB. Nicht ausreichend Speicherplatz.

You're right, but I've had it happen to me with just a single FM before. I don't know why. But I was always able to fix the problem this way. If that doesn't work for you, then I don't know what to suggest. Sorry. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You're right, but I've had it happen to me with just a single FM before. I don't know why. But I was always able to fix the problem this way. If that doesn't work for you, then I don't know what to suggest. Sorry. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.
    As you see from the response to your post, I think I may try uncommenting the above and see what happens.

Blackman: I had the same problem. I deleted my temp. files from the internet and it solved my problem.

Regarding Medallion objective not checked off. I replayed that scene; defeated the mummy and objective checked off.

I went back through all the rooms to double check for money, but am still short quite a bit.

I'll try the TEMP solution. I had no success with the uncommenting.

No Joy with the Temp. I may just have to use the old fall back and see what that does.

OK. I did the "make a false folder" routine and it seems to have done the trick.

Thanks Tannar and Dawggon.
    Last edited by theBlackman; 21st Mar 2011 at 20:33.

Glad that worked!

Just completed this with Thief 1 plus the patch, it seemed fine apart from some readable glitches ( last lines of texts got cut off, and an odd one where the left hand and right hand side pages of a book did not match up - it looked like pages 1 and 3 were displayed, and flipping pages then gave you page 2 and 3. Until I realised, it read like I should be searching for the delicious "Brother Venison")

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    I have a problem Not addressed in the forgoing posts. I did not read them just scanned to see if someone else had the same.

I have 112GB of disc space. When I try to save I get a "Not enough disc space". Any suggestions welcome.

I still have the game running and will play through until I get busted, but I really need some advice on this error.

No other missions cause that "no can save" problem.
    When that happens you have to delete some files and remember to empty the trash too. It usually works after that

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    When that happens you have to delete some files and remember to empty the trash too. It usually works after that

Thanks but you are a day late and a dollar short. If you read the entire thread you would see the problem was solved with one of the age old methods.

That, by the way is effective if you have the Files on C drive, I have a separate drive devoted exclusively to THIEF.

I know. Edit to add, but change of topic.

The flatulence was amusing for the first few minutes, after that annoying. However, I added my own effects.

I had a very large serving of Chili Con Carne con Frijoles for lunch, so I was able to add SMELL-O-RAMA to the game.

Congratulation on this outstanding release Rod

Thanks for the release. It's nice to play a recent FM for Thief Gold that actually feels like Thief Gold.

I'll wait until the T2 version and do a comparison play.

Thanks Dawggon, and theBlackman, I am glad it was a gas for you. Thanks Pedro, and for your beta testing, Unkillable Cat, Thankyou, yep, the T2 version is on iit's way.

Thankyou Eternauta !

Enjoying this immensely. I'm still playing the mission. Time and Real Life do get in the way now and then.

Well done especially in the Crypts. A little Deja-vu in the upper crypts but the timing required for safely moving through this section is well designed.

Thanks for an intriguing 'puzzle' and lots of fun.