TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief 2: The Metal Age

Thief 2: The Metal Age

I've bought The Metal Age a few days ago and was wondering if there are any good mods out there. I do plan on using TheifX2, but are there any others?

Also, I'm "guessing" this game usually works on Vista?

Anything I should know about the game?

We dont know why you put guessing in quote marks, but there *is* a FAQ right above your post that explains how to get Thief working on Vista, so yeah.

Yeah that was an inappropriate use of quotations but what can I say, I'm not a grammar Nazi.

I went through the FAQ and I guess I'll know how to get it working on Vista, if it doesn't work by default. I made this thread mainly as an intro to the game I guess, wondering if there are any patches or the sort that I should get.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-ching View Post
    Yeah that was an inappropriate use of quotations but what can I say, I'm not a grammar Nazi.
    You'd better become one then.

Look for Tafferpatcher up there too, works a dream.

Yes, Tafferpatcher is the one essential T2 mod. I don't think it works for T2X or any other fan missions, unfortunately (correct me if I'm wrong).

And I would also highly recommend T2 Skies
    Last edited by Vanir; 30th Mar 2011 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
    Yes, Tafferpatcher is the one essential T2 mod. I don't think it works for T2X or any other fan missions, unfortunately (correct me if I'm wrong).

And I would also highly recommend T2 Skies
    Alright so what you're saying is that I need Tafferpatcher in order to get T2 working correctly on Vista, but Tafferpatcher doesn't work with T2X. So basically I won't be able to play T2X?

OR maybe Tafferpatcher isn't NEEDED and I can uninstall that patch in order to play T2X?

Thanks for the helpful reply BTW, those skies do look pretty sweet.

I have no idea what is required to play T2 or T2X on Vista. I play on a Win XP machine. You may be better off visiting the Legacy Gaming Tech forum and the T2X forum for answers to that.

Tafferpatcher is a bunch of different mods and fixes made by different people that have been combined into a single easy-to-install executable. Some of those mods, such as DDFix, can be used individually on T2X.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-ching View Post
    Alright so what you're saying is that I need Tafferpatcher in order to get T2 working correctly on Vista, but Tafferpatcher doesn't work with T2X. So basically I won't be able to play T2X?

OR maybe Tafferpatcher isn't NEEDED and I can uninstall that patch in order to play T2X?
    Tafferpatcher won't prevent you from playing T2X. It simply doesn't affect the T2X installation.

I recently re-installed Thief 2 on my 32 bit vista system. It works just fine out of the box, actually. Though, without a few slight adjustments, you'll have the occasional problem with freezing.

I recommend downloading DDFix if you want the game to run properly, though. Without it, little things like fog won't work properly. It doesn't break the game, mind you, but it is mildly annoying. DDFix can also carry over when you want to play Thief 2X. You just copy the ddfix.ini file over into your t2x directory and voila! Sounds more complicated than it actually is.