TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm-The Tower of St.Moria-Released-April 4th, 2011

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

T2 Fm-The Tower of St.Moria-Released-April 4th, 2011

Here is the T2 version of the Thief Gold fm, The Tower of St. Moria. There are some changes to some terrain, and some of the gameplay has changed. I didn't use much custom stuff because I wanted to present the feel of Thief Gold since that is it's origin. I added a Sky, Moon, and used the Hammerite developement kit to give it a variety of Characters and Voices.
    Special Thanks to: Tannar, Nickie, Sagittal, for beta testing it, and Dussander for the Testing forum.
    Loot List provided by Sagittal, and it is in the zip. Special thanks to Tannar for editing all of the readables. Special thanks to Nickie for her keen observation and exploration skills.
    Playing suggestions: Start on Normal difficulty, and work up through the levels to Expert, as Hard is Hard, and Expert is for the Expert. No one can Master a game the first time through.
    Please thank Dussander, Tannar, Nickie, and Sagittal, for without these fine People, you would not be able to play this. Garretts Shadow wrote the bird riddle, and some Hammerite Readables. Same as TG versionl
    These are the current versions for any of those Taffers who have had trouble with the Ladder descending into The Mages Tomb. Just mantle at either end, no problem !

A link from Thiefmissions.com: http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cg...werOfStMoriaT2

Thanks for playing !
    Spoiler Videos below !

Here is the Spoiler Video that can be used as a Walkthrough if you get lost or dont understand how to do something.

Part 1-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhjWmzR8oIg

Part 2-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMUlU...eature=related

Part 3-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_twK...eature=related

Part 4-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jfg8...eature=related
    Last edited by darthsLair; 12th Apr 2011 at 17:36.

Clearinghouse
    Thanks! Downloading!

Congrats on the release, darthslair!

Congratulations & Thank-You, darthsLair (Maybe this can get me over my burn-out )

Thanks everybody, and happy Taffing ! And thankyou fibanocci for the mirror.

Heres an updated version for the Treacherous ladder descending to the Mage's Tomb, wasn't originally hard for experienced players, as they may not know how to mantle out of a hole, but just felt a need to make it easier so no one gets frustrated. Also shortened the Metalp1 Intro music so it wouldn't take so long to load.

http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cg...werOfStMoriaT2

There is Breath Potion in the mission if you find it hard to breathe later on. You will see. Blame Malcolm the Prankster for this , not me !

Also the links are posted at first thread. Thiefmissions link at the top as well. And Thankyou Jason for being a Wonderful Host. Thiefmissions Rocks Big Time Taffers !
    Last edited by darthsLair; 6th Apr 2011 at 01:57. Reason: add new link

Thanks Darthslair.

Downloading now and will start a new game getting past the cuckoo bird issue in the TG version for those who do not have TG like myself.

Once again, Thank you.

Huge congrats on the release, darthsLair

DLing as I write

Gold & T2 differences

I'm assuming the Thief Gold and Thief 2 missions are the same except better graphics with the T2 version?

Great, and thanks for the conversion especially as its been so unusually quiet on the T2 FM front lately.

Quote Originally Posted by gregak View Post
    I'm assuming the Thief Gold and Thief 2 missions are the same except better graphics with the T2 version?
    No, there are other changes!

The story is pretty much the same in both versions but there are some definite differences you'll notice in several places - particularly in the map towards the end. On Expert difficulty I think it is certainly more of a challenge as well - the way you played it in TG may not be possible in the T2 version!

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    There is Breath Potion in the mission if you find it hard to breathe later on. You will see. Blame Malcolm the Prankster for this , not me !
    What would that be good for ???
    I just played the first T2 version and noticed no need for it.
    Is the updated T2 version different ??

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    What would that be good for ???
    I just played the first T2 version and noticed no need for it.
    Is the updated T2 version different ??
    Malcolm the Prankster is Brother Michael who plays pranks on all of the Acolytes. He is the cook and placed Flatulence Potion on the Venison to make all of the guards blow their horns so to speak. He also placed glue on a Toity in the Cathedral Bathroom to glue the Acolyte. You can read about it in the Library. The glue and flatulence potion are in the kitchen. If you read the posts left by the players in the Thief Gold edition you can see what I meant.

Glad to see you are determined Old Meat ! Go get em !
    Thankyou Summer, and hope you enjoy it !
    Thanks kenshabby, hope you enjoy !
    Hope to see more Taffers Play it ! It is Serene and Peaceful place ! The perfect Vacation for Garrett !
    Last edited by darthsLair; 6th Apr 2011 at 02:14.

Malcolm the Prankster is Brother Michael who plays pranks on all of the Acolytes. He is the cook and placed Flatulence Potion on the Venison to make all of the guards blow their horns so to speak.
    I really thought this stuff was going to be used to trigger a door opening somewhere because of poem somewhere in the FM about blowing a horn to open a door, so I drank the flatulence potion once I got past the bird cage key area, but it did not work for this.

"Uhh! What is that smell? .... it smells like OldMeat! What the?.. that can't be me, I washed a few days ago."

I hadn't even thought of that ! Thats too Good ! ROFLMAO

Thank you for making T2 version! Downloaded

Welcome Romashka01, and hope you enjoy, and you are welcome. The T2 version only took about three weeks total.

I thought the special potion might work as an instrument for blasting a door open somehow, but it didn't even cause any movement at all.

Then I started thinking if any of the Hammerites went walking by near enough, it would cause the chamber to constantly open and shut with some regularity even if only just momentarily.

Oh well, better a moment than a movement.

It might also be an effective device for ripping a banner.

Now I wished that I would have thought about all of that ! And keep the matches away from Garrett ! "And over the mountains, and on the Horizon, a Mushroom Cloud was viisible from the City.

Now I wished that I would have thought about all of that ! And keep the matches away from Garrett ! "And over the mountains, and on the Horizon, a Mushroom Cloud was viisible from the City.
    I guess I should have been a little more careful over the lava pools.

Well, after having tried both TG and T2 versions of the FM, my conclusion is... that the TG version is better.

The real reason is because of the last rooms, they were set up so much better in the TG version than in the T2 version. The T2 version is basically a rectangular room at the bottom of a rickety ladder. The TG version was just better all round. What happened? Why the change?

The new additions to the T2 version were OK, but they did not make up for this change at the end, even the one with the stone faces. The lift looks loads better, though.

The T2 version does manage to keep the feel of TG going through most of it, so your goal there was successful, in my opinion.

I'd give the FM a 7 rating for the T2 version, 7.5 for the TG version.

Ah, my first comparison to the two versions ! Thankyou Unkillable Cat ! Thankyou for playing both of them and for your observations. I agree that the Thief Gold version was more suitable for the Story and Atmosphere, as it Rocks for the Thief Gold lighting and such. The only bummer about the Thief Gold version is that the hammerites all have the same faces and only 3 sets of voices. Where as the Thief 2 version has 7 hammerite voices, and many different faces.(Characters). The Thief 2 version also allowed a nice sky, moon, and distant art. The Devil's Spitting room in Thief 2 has more atmosphere to it with the Stalagmites and Stalagtites. So that appealed to me more than the TG version, and the other graphic improvements allowed in Thief 2.
    The Reason for the changed location of the Mage's Tomb was that the T2 engine wouldn't allow the same Architecture used in the TG version. The Tomb being Rectangluar fits a stereotype of ancient tombs however, and I thought it appropriate in T2.

As the saying goes, you cant beat the original ! Thanks again for Playing !

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    that the TG version is better.
    +1.

Where is the rare birds collection, please ???

The Bookof Rare birds is in the 2nd office. There are 3 offices and one bathroom in the Tower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast