TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upside Down: T2 FM

Upside Down: T2 FM

Is it your habit to mock guards, calling them blind, deaf and stupid?
    You like to attack from behind, bashing their helpless heads with your blackjack?
    Hiding in the shadows, poking fun at them? Playing tricks?
    Is it your practice to pull loose keys and purses with a couple of hard-earned coins from their belts?
    Do you like to lock poor guards in the closets, to lure them into traps, to put their unconscious bodies on other people's beds?
    Welcome to the world of fair play!

Download: http://thiefmissions.com/m/UpsideDown (115 Mb)
    Screenshots:
    http://darkfate.org/view/simple/file...s/for_announce
    http://darkfate.org/view/simple/file...n/screenshots/

Play and enjoy! If u can.
    Last edited by Zontik; 20th Aug 2013 at 07:23.

Oh boy, not only do I get Thief working on my new desktop, but a new FM is released the very next day! What luck!

Downloading now!

Thanks Zontik

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Congrats on the release!
    'Tis a fun, humorous FM.

Downloading now! Thanks!

Congratulation on the release, Zontik!

Very fun, really beautiful and maddening! I failed but I'm going back for another try. Thanks, Zontik!

Oho! This looks svelte!

Downloading... NOW!

Hm, interesting soundtrack choice. And I thought only I listened to AON, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Hm, interesting soundtrack choice. And I thought only I listened to AON, if at all.
    Oh, plenty of us still listen to them.

As for the FM - It's a great idea, and well executed. The mansion looks and feels real and the gameplay is fun. Expect a taffer or two to want to use your mansion for an FM in the future.

One question though - am I supposed to have to break my way through the first set of double doors? I found the key hanging by the front door, but it didn't work on the double doors in the hallway.

And I was surprised to find an AI using a secret door entrance! Didn't help him escaping from my repurposed Blackjack of Justice!
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 23rd Apr 2011 at 22:14. Reason: Bleh.

Clearinghouse
    Congratulation on the release, Zontik! Мои поздравления

Southquarter.com/fms
    This sounds interesting, anxious to try. Here's a mirror:

Upside Down (Southquarter)

WOOOW !!!!

I'm chasing thieves (killed 3 graduates yet ).

After years and years of playing Thief and stealing valuables when I read "Try to save at least 3000 worth of the Baron's valuables." I laughed like a mad...

Congratulations Zontik on such a great idea and excellent implementation. The choice of music is perfect btw...

EDIT: they are fighting, using flash bombs, ... Can they blackjack me ???

EDIT2: the mansion architecture is excellent. It deserves classic thief mission definitely !!!
    Last edited by Aspirin; 24th Apr 2011 at 10:06.

Черт, эта ФМка действительно классная...
    И не потому что графика...

Юмор здесь хороший, чуть со стула не упал... xD

И кстати, похожая миссия уже была...Кажется она называлась A guard named Benny, вроде так...
    Побольше бы таких

Моя оценка 5 из 5 баллов...

Last edited by Zoro; 24th Apr 2011 at 09:30. Reason: поиграл "от" и "до"

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Oh, plenty of us still listen to them.

One question though - am I supposed to have to break my way through the first set of double doors? I found the key hanging by the front door, but it didn't work on the double doors in the hallway.
    You use the key like a lockpick, hold the mouse button down. Dunno why it works that way, maybe you're panicking and can't get it in right?

I loved it, especially the redone light gem. And the limitations about the guards was great too. I had a hard time saving more than 2000 though, because the thieves are so fast.

This is a very funny mission

Thank you very much, Zontik.

Enjoyed the reverse play very much. I was finally clued in on the rope sound. Although limited in choice of weapons and actions, I did finish it on EASY. Not enough time to make it into every room, which disappointed me. I loved the architecture and decorating and would have enjoyed looking more closely.

I was flash bombed and possibly spray painted. Tried to get the baddie in the pool.
    Hilarious!

Thank you Zontik.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuckle View Post
    And the limitations about the guards was great too. I had a hard time saving more than 2000 though, because the thieves are so fast.
    The clever guard let the thieves do the job and collects their loot...

Is this mission timelimited?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

What a refreshing change it was to be the guard and not the thief! Outwitted by my own dirty tricks like deep water and ropes no less, it was really interesting!

I played through this mission 3 times so far, twice on normal and once on expert. The first run I was the proverbial bull in a china shop and failed. The second run I went a bit slower to get a feel for the best way to handle the situation and this time completed the mission just over 2000 loot barely beating it.

The most recent attempt I decided to just wait around a few minutes in a highly traveled area in a nice ambush point, then started picking off the thieves one by one. I also noticed while I was bored waiting after the first thief they leave behind thier blackjacks on the ground which you can pick up and use for much less noisy ambushes. At one point I think I had 6 thieves piled up there before I moved on. I did much much better with this strategy and got 3580/4000 loot.

I have to know though, are there more than 10 thieves?

All in all, it was a very fun, and rather challenging mission. In the end though, I found that it takes a thief to beat a thief in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post

Yes, the mission does seem to have a time limit, I stood around in a dark corner to see if the thieves leave on their own, and sure enough I heard the rope noise just after the 13:00 mark.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post

No.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    No.
    I think there's a time limit, since if you're waiting too long to let your partner inside the house, the mission fails

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    I think there's a time limit, since if you're waiting too long to let your partner inside the house, the mission fails
    But this is only the final part of the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    But this is only the final part of the mission.
    Not really. It takes about 5-8 min to get rid of the thieves. To get about 700-800 loot to fulfill the 3000-loot objective takes some more time than that

There is no time limit to get rid of thieves.
    There is time limit to open the door after that.
    You are not supposed to kill all thieves quickly and then to go to collect loot... but of course, you can try.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast