TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "Anna to the rescue" 14/07/2011 updated to v0.2

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Thanks for this mission, cardia1 and Independent Thief!
    I'm still searching for some loot but I enjoyed it very much.

Hehe, and I know the submarine
    I really liked that sub from Keeper Investigations, special thanks to Gort for making it into a single model for easy use. The lions share of the credit goes to Cardia1, he took a simple pagan village fm and rough story outline I had and spun it into something seriously amazing.

Oh my... the temple in this area is one of the creepiest structures I've seen in a Thief FM... or in just about every other game I've ever played.

I only completed the Expert objectives "technically", I've yet to go back and get about 1200 loot, but I'm looking forward to having to explore every nook and cranny of this place.

Where do all these images come from? I could recognize the Quake 1 logo, as well as a gargoyle mosaic from Blood. But the rest...

This one wins the "visual" award so far this year, and it's fun to play too because of the interesting puzzles, though I didn't like the one with the three holes.

Definetely a 9+ FM, this one.

help

what should i do to have a real key in the basket head thing ? i can see keys appearing in the other room can't take 'em but i can throw the headball at them ....[/
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    what should i do to have a real key in the basket head thing ? i can see keys appearing in the other room can't take 'em but i can throw the headball at them ....[/
    You have to get the Basket Head into each of the holes you see first.

Go to the corner in the room with the jumping keys and look up. You will use a rope arrow on the wood, and enter through a trap door. You will find your way then.

thanks !
    i've trying all those things to try and get the floating keys .. i threw the ball at them to get them off or into the space behind them , fiddled with the key sign over ithem ...

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    thanks !
    i've trying all those things to try and get the floating keys .. i threw the ball at them to get them off or into the space behind them , fiddled with the key sign over ithem ...
    Hope that helped alittle, but I will clarify:You must throw the headball over the wall, and the ball must go into each one of the holes. It will if you bounce it right. Once you have done that then you can access the room with the jumping key. In that room as you are standing directly in front of the the two bases where the key jumps to, go to your right and then to the left in the corner. You can see the wooden textures on the ceiling. Shoot a rope arrow up, and you will see a panel to frob. Go through that passage and you will drop into water. Swim up, and then you can frob the key.

I had to be sure you understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankh69 View Post
    Well done, cardia1 and Independent Thief.........The music is so wellplaced....
    Quite agree. Lovely use of non Thief music, have heard a track from Gothic 3.

I recognized a bitmap inside the temple, on a wall - the area where you descend from the "light elevator" - it's taken from Heretic 2, Morcalavin to be precise :-) Ah, the memories..
    Last edited by SunBeam; 14th Jun 2011 at 05:27.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but what's the deal with the pyramid? I've tried every possible combination and it still won't open.

Jack Lee - reading the little plaques on the pyramid from the top down, it's N-S-W-E. Push the buttons in that order (according to your compass) & you should be able to enter the top of the pyramid.

I'm missing something obvious (or have a bug in my copy). I've used the "basketball" to open 3 grates & see a key floating above one or other of 2 pedestals - it disappears as I approach (no idea what people mean by "jumping key"). Found the 'False Key', rope-arrowed up, jumped into the water & followed the path back to the "basketball" room - now a statue blocks the way to where the disappearing keys were. I never saw a frobbable key anywhere.

What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Jack Lee - reading the little plaques on the pyramid from the top down, it's N-S-W-E. Push the buttons in that order (according to your compass) & you should be able to enter the top of the pyramid.

I'm missing something obvious (or have a bug in my copy). I've used the "basketball" to open 3 grates & see a key floating above one or other of 2 pedestals - it disappears as I approach (no idea what people mean by "jumping key"). Found the 'False Key', rope-arrowed up, jumped into the water & followed the path back to the "basketball" room - now a statue blocks the way to where the disappearing keys were. I never saw a frobbable key anywhere.

What did I miss?
    Sounds like a glitch. Did it do it on a reload? If so, another copy downloaded might help.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Sounds like a glitch. Did it do it on a reload? If so, another copy downloaded might help.
    Rod, there´s no glitch, sticky finger, get back to the area behind the pedestals key area, you must frob the key from behind the grates
    Last edited by Cardia; 14th Jun 2011 at 11:47.

I like the Gothic 3 Sound =)

i think im back in nordmar ^^

@Sticky Fingers : Follow the instructions I gave to sexypat for obtaining the Jumping Key. You made it sound like you were:Behind the Key Jumping Room already.

Quote Originally Posted by flying_hope View Post
    I like the Gothic 3 Sound =)

i think im back in nordmar ^^

yes gothic 3 was a nice chapter, but gothic 2 was definetly my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankh69 View Post
    I dont remember a gate or something like that to open. I remember her being able to climb down the sparkling things after activating the buttons. Have you activited the buttons yet?
    I can't climb down the sparkling things although I have already activated the buttons. Is there any order to activate them ?

EDIT : Sorry I thought I've read everything but I forgot one message...
    Last edited by darksmelo; 14th Jun 2011 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    In the Hallway just before the demons on the ceiling area by the cavedin area there is a tiny switch on the rightThere is no secreta in this mission so it has to be important. Whats it do. Also I still cant get into the area below the bridge thing in the air bu the once hot lever....I still have one grate to open.
    How do you get to that switch can't see wood around to rope arrow

I'm having fun with this mission thought I'm WAY short on loot, I have no idea where that last 20% of the loot is, you hid it well.

I found a teeny tiny itty bitty unless you are insane like me and do this glitch though. Unfortunately if it happens you can't complete the mission. Once you have the mayor's daughter, if you decide to drop her by drawing your dagger - DON'T! She vanishes into thin air without a trace. I'm glad I saved before I did that.

Edit: I just discovered what happened. You made her into an INVENTORY ITEM! :O I've never seen such a thing before, now I feel somewhat embarrassed, but then again who would think that they put an unconscious girl between their cursed statue and sacrificial knife? That would be like someone keeping their pet cat in their wallet.
    Last edited by Euphrosyne; 14th Jun 2011 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Rod, there´s no glitch, sticky finger, get back to the area behind the pedestals key area, you must frob the key from behind the grates
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    @Sticky Fingers : Follow the instructions I gave to sexypat for obtaining the Jumping Key. You made it sound like you were:Behind the Key Jumping Room already.
    Thanx guys.
    Yes, I've been behind the key jumping room several times & have tried everything I can think of (incl turning that into a 2nd 'jumping room'!) - but there's no key to frob anywhere.
    Beginning to sound like I've got a glitched copy

sexypat - one switch is in an alcove just right of the caved-in bit. There's a 2nd switch though - look for a nearby statue.

Sticky Fingers, I was having the exact same problem. The key is there but not visible. I just clicked around through the two grates and I picked it up.

I still need help though. Apparently I need 2 keys to get out of this area and I just have the one mentioned above. Where did I miss the other one??
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 14th Jun 2011 at 23:29.

Thank-You, Nightwalker Can't think how I missed it before - this time it turned up, but with no sound effect.

The other key - cool / throw the "too hot" switch, go down, look for switches to open the gate at the other end. You then need to solve 2 puzzles to get that key.

I don't think I've found the "too hot" switch. Is it in that same area?? I'm really not good at puzzles so my head is swimming a bit but I'm still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I don't think I've found the "too hot" switch. Is it in that same area?? I'm really not good at puzzles so my head is swimming a bit but I'm still having fun.
    You will hear a guard patrolling above your head when you walk under him. Just keep walking toward the ladder straight ahead. To your right of the ladder is the hot switch. A big spoiler: you will need one water arrow.

Nightwalker - it's in the area beyond the scary church & just short of the "dragon can see you" flim-flam.

Hmm.I'm currently stuck...

I've been under the "hot" switch grate and gotten the key and the key from the hopping key-place. So this gets me the dagger and I've also gotten the sleeper. I've killed the main objective. Now I'm stuck where the daughter is..only other area haven't explored is the door near the entrance of the temple, but it's locked. I'm also missing a vast amount of loot (like 2000). Any ideas? D:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast