TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "Anna to the rescue" 14/07/2011 updated to v0.2

Right. Playing expert, completed all the objectives, but missing exactly 610 loot, which is slightly driving me mad. Curse my completionist tendencies! Any clues, hints or outright spoilers? Halp! Also, is there no secret room in Kyron's quarters? So many books and seemingly no switches...

As for the mission - lovely, lovely stuff. Engaging puzzles and great visuals. Excellent use of lightning and non-stock textures - they don't look out of place at all. More of this sort of thing!

Oh, and thanks for not including a lot of voice acting and story elements. Say what you like about cardia's talents, writing isn't one of them. At least in English.

Lawviz - how do you mean you're stuck where the daughter is? Just carry her out through the other door near the cell (don't worry, for some reason neither of you can drown).

Can't help with the loot: I finished 1815 short of max

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Lawviz - how do you mean you're stuck where the daughter is? Just carry her out through the other door near the cell (don't worry, for some reason neither of you can drown).

Can't help with the loot: I finished 1815 short of max

Here is a loot list made by PrJames (beta 3) It may be helpful to you.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V1UP8UVW

Thanks for the help! I'd gotten sidetracked just before I got into that section and then forgotten about it entirely. What an idiot. I usually write stuff like that down to come back to later.

Thanx, darthsLair! Think I might chase down enough to get the loot objective, anyway.

Getting close to being finished I think. One more question... There are 2 archways blocked by double shields. If you have the key to open the first shield you can get the loot without letting out the haunts. I found one key which unlocks the right-hand shield, up above the doorway into that creepy chapel. Where is the one for the other side??

Nightwalker - one of those keys is supposedly in a niche in the area between the 2 gates just beyond the gas-arrow trap: but I never found it.

(I got lucky - both the haunts on that side were facing the other way )

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Getting close to being finished I think. One more question... There are 2 archways blocked by double shields. If you have the key to open the first shield you can get the loot without letting out the haunts. I found one key which unlocks the right-hand shield, up above the doorway into that creepy chapel. Where is the one for the other side??
    In the room behind the gas arrow traps (which you have to open from the gas trap side): Run up the debris/sand in the corner where the pillar is broken and turn right. It's hidden behind a piece of wall.

i need a little help with the color key riddle
    I'm color blind so i need a big spoiler
    Last edited by sexypat; 15th Jun 2011 at 17:30.

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    i need a little help with the color key riddle
    I'm color blind so i need a big spoiler
    As I recall it's the second one on the left. If not, than it's the third one from the left.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

thanks gloria i tried this one before but didn't notice i wasn,t close enough ...

and where should i go after i have the right key there is no way out ?
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    Question:
    spoiler:

Where is that "Big Grin" picture?
    This picture is just before you go into the dragon maze. There's big picture on the wall of a deamon smiling. HINT: all you see is teeth in the painting.,...

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    thanks gloria i tried this one before but didn't notice i wasn,t close enough ...

and where should i go after i have the right key there is no way out ?
    @ sexypatYou should stay in the key area just long enough to grab some of the loot in that area. You will see some wood textures also combined in what looks like lava up above over the teleporting skull arena area. Once you done here go back toward your entrance, and you should find a switch to open the floor grate where you descended. There are only a couple of places to use the red/orange key.

Sorry, I meant earlier on the post I'm trying to find the missing daughter. The only room i see not ventured is a door just up the stairs guarded by a thief. So I was wondering if the daughter is behind this, and if so how to unlock the door.

But right now ALL 10 of my saves/checkpoints are corrupt, even my first save 2 mins into the game. I load the game and the wall textures become...rather maxed out on saturation. Walk a few seconds before crashing. Any ideas why?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    Sorry, I meant earlier on the post I'm trying to find the missing daughter. The only room i see not ventured is a door just up the stairs guarded by a thief. So I was wondering if the daughter is behind this, and if so how to unlock the door.

But right now ALL 10 of my saves/checkpoints are corrupt, even my first save 2 mins into the game. I load the game and the wall textures become...rather maxed out on saturation. Walk a few seconds before crashing. Any ideas why?
    Probably a garrettloader error, or could be darkloader. You should probably remove the saves from your all saves folder.

I've been beavering away with this mission, and noticed something odd.

In the passageway with the gas arrow traps, look high above the entryway. There are 4 buttons up there. Anyone figure out what they do?

More discoveries. In the passageway before the hall of the demons, there's a tiny switch in the innermost alcove on the right-hand side. I can't figure out what it does. Also, there's a skeletal limb sticking out from one of the lights overhead, does that mean anything, or just a neat touch?

EDIT: Nvm, found the answer to my latter questions.
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 15th Jun 2011 at 21:54. Reason: More questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I found one key which unlocks the right-hand shield, up above the doorway into that creepy chapel.
    I can't find the right-hand key up there, if you mean above the doorway into the room where The Sleeper is located and on the hallway side (only side you can use a rope arrow I believe) .. do you have to open one of the grates on the ledges on either side where you can see lava behind? I'm playing on expert but see nothing up there at all.

Edit - Found it .. that key is behind those grates (which are opened by flipping the lever a 2nd time at the far east end of that hallway (under the face).
    Last edited by Dahenjo; 15th Jun 2011 at 22:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I've been beavering away with this mission, and noticed something odd.

In the passageway with the gas arrow traps, look high above the entryway. There are 4 buttons up there. Anyone figure out what they do?
    Have you tried shooting them with an arrow?

Yeah, did that just now, took me a while to notice that the weird sound that played was an indicator that I'd hit my target. I found what they're for, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    I can't find the right-hand key up there, if you mean above the doorway into the room where The Sleeper is located and on the hallway side (only side you can use a rope arrow I believe) .. do you have to open one of the grates on the ledges on either side where you can see lava behind? I'm playing on expert but see nothing up there at all.
    Yes, you need to get there. But how?

The answer is in plain sight, and not too far away...

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Yes, you need to get there. But how?

The answer is in plain sight, and not too far away...
    Thanks .. I had just found it, along with enough loot to meet the objective!
    (I confess the loot list gave me the answer because I wouldn't have thought to flip that lever a 2nd time)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    Sorry to hear of your tech problem: hopefully someone (a lot more tech-oriented than me) can help. If so -

The key for the door at the top of the stairs in the north part of the complex: -

Having aquired the Ceremonial Dagger, head to the room from which stairs lead to the "zombie-basketball" room. Across from those stairs there is/was a thief guarding a door - which is now open. Someone beyond that door has the key.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help, Sticky Fingers and WildWilbur. I had climbed up there but hadn't looked at just the right place to spot that key. Man, that's REALLY hard to find.

I finally finished this excellent mission! My only real complaint is that the loot requirement is too high, at least on Expert. Even with the help of the loot list, it took quite a bit of time to dig up the last 800g to get enough to finish. There's a large amount available but most of it is so well hidden that unless you're a dedicated treasure hunter, it can become a chore trying to satisfy that objective.

The architecture is outstanding as is the atmosphere and gameplay. The puzzles are well thought out and the whole place is just fun to explore. Thanks very much, Cardia1 and Independent Thief!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Jun 2011 at 14:24.

Great textures and atmosphere !

But need a hint, where's the medallion ?

BTW when you pick up the daughter, is it intended that you can't drop her again? On a reload she has vanished, but I still walk slowly as if I'm carrying a heavy load - although I can still use my weapons.

frobbin hood: Medallion - a fallen ladder is the clue. Rope up above "don't ask me".

If you cycle through the inventory you will find the daughter, and then you can drop her.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast