TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "Anna to the rescue" 14/07/2011 updated to v0.2

Many thanks ffox !

Thanks to the hints in this thread I am close to be able to finish this mission on E.
    Still 50 in loot missing for the loot-objective and 3 questions left that puzzle me.

- In the area with the haunts, there is a way up to the rafters and down again via a ladder to a corpse. I don't recall having been there before, but can't find anything there. Off course I feel like something SHOULD be there. Did I miss something ?
    - the dragon puzzle of course. I am still lacking any idea if there is something to be done there
    - How do you properly leave the area with the teleporting key ? I think the way I do it is not the way it is intended to be done. I used the head that you use like a ball in order to block the exit/entry grate, so it could not close when I am near. Also the statue is still blocking the way back to where you would pick the right key. I have the strong feeling to miss something here.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Thanks to the hints in this thread I am close to be able to finish this mission on E.
    Still 50 in loot missing for the loot-objective and 3 questions left that puzzle me.

- In the area with the haunts, there is a way up to the rafters and down again via a ladder to a corpse. I don't recall having been there before, but can't find anything there. Off course I feel like something SHOULD be there. Did I miss something ?
    - the dragon puzzle of course. I am still lacking any idea if there is something to be done there
    - How do you properly leave the area with the teleporting key ? I think the way I do it is not the way it is intended to be done. I used the head that you use like a ball in order to block the exit/entry grate, so it could not close when I am near. Also the statue is still blocking the way back to where you would pick the right key. I have the strong feeling to miss something here.
    The first item would be at the Holy Glove for the sleeper. For the fake key area: Above where the fake key is is an alcove high above that will lead to behind the jumping so you can grab it.... Then to a small tunnell that will lead to the head rolling room.

gnartsch
    - there's nothing to do in the "dragon watches you" bit except read the readable & find the alternate way back out - not sure why it's even there.
    - if you do get locked in to the "zombie-basketball" room, 1 way out is to go down the hole there & flick the lever that operates the trap-door a couple of times: this should leave the entry/exit gate in the open position.

BTW when you pick up the daughter, is it intended that you can't drop her again? On a reload she has vanished, but I still walk slowly as if I'm carrying a heavy load - although I can still use my weapons.
    Dunno about the logic of being able to use weapons in such circumstances (except maybe the BJ), but I really liked that you could carry a body & still frob things (open doors, operate levers, etc) - makes sense to me.
    Is the reason (IIRC) this hasn't been done before to do with potential problems - such as the body-goes-into-inventory-on-reload issue?
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 17th Jun 2011 at 03:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    gnartsch

Dunno about the logic of being able to use weapons in such circumstances (except maybe the BJ), but I really liked that you could carry a body & still frob things (open doors, operate levers, etc) - makes sense to me.
    Is the reason (IIRC) this hasn't been done before to do with potential problems - such as the body-goes-into-inventory-on-reload issue?
    I also noticed that while carrying the body, I could remain underwater indefinitely without harm to me or my unconcious load !

Now I need a massive 1500 loot to complete. I think I've got all the obvious things - past the haunt barriers, cleared out the cages in the demon area etc. but I must be missing a major stash somewhere.

Loving this mission but three interesting problems are confusing me:

If you go down to the far end by the collapsed doorway rubble before entering the Dragon area and look up, there's a hand sticking out of a slit in the lighting alcove. What is this and can you get access the area?

In the area where you have to douse the fire in order to frob the 'hot switch', right down the far end on the left is a frobbable sliding hatch leading to a tunnel which I just cannot jump over to, even with anti gravity serum, I just keep missing and falling. Can this be done?

I've successfully shot the four buttons and heard the four chimes - what does this do?

Otherwise a thoroughly enjoyable mission, well done to everyone involved.

frobbin hood - downloadable loot list here

kenshabby
    1. errr....dunno
    2. Yes: are you opening the door before jumping?
    3. check the wall directly behind you.

frobbin hood - downloadable loot list here

kenshabby
    1. errr....dunno
    2. Yes: are you opening the door before jumping?
    3. check the wall directly behind you.
    Many thanks, Sticky.

1. Found the tiny switch on right wall which moves picture aside on opposite end of same wall, allowing access to tunnel.
    2. Yes I was. Sorted now by leaving door closed until on ledge.
    3. Off to check that wall right now!

Thanks Pedro, downloading now!

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Thanks Pedro, downloading now!

Marisa, have you fixed the windows vista compatibility?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Marisa, have you fixed the windows vista compatibility?
    Not at all Pedro! I just took my external hd to my mothers....

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    Great mission guys. A questions:

spoiler:

How do i solve the dragon puzzle?
    And I do not mean escape, I've already did that. I mean how do I open the door.
    i'm stuck there too don't know what to do , there are keys on the ground , i opened the quake panel there is a barrier on but i can't solve the dragon riddle ... help ?
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

sexypat - one switch is in an alcove just right of the caved-in bit. There's a 2nd switch though - look for a nearby statue.
    I flipped those two up, not sure what they've done or how to get the one up on the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I've been beavering away with this mission, and noticed something odd.
    In the passageway with the gas arrow traps, look high above the entryway. There are 4 buttons up there. Anyone figure out what they do?
    More discoveries. In the passageway before the hall of the demons, there's a tiny switch in the innermost alcove on the right-hand side. I can't figure out what it does. Also, there's a skeletal limb sticking out from one of the lights overhead, does that mean anything, or just a neat touch?
    EDIT: Nvm, found the answer to my latter questions.
    I can't find the buttons in the passageway with the gas arrow traps. above the initial entrance door?
    and what did the switches do?

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    i'm stuck there too don't know what to do , there are keys on the ground , i opened the quake panel there is a barrier on but i can't solve the dragon riddle ... help ?
    did you follow the ducts behind the panel? there is a switch that opens more than just the way back out...

in the area with Christ's head on a red banner (between the passageway with the gas arrow traps and the dragon puzzle room), there are beams you can rope up to, and then a ladder down to a "dead' (inanimate, but frobbable) zombie body. why?

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    The Dragon Puzzle: Is a Red Herring ! You will have to ask Cardia1 if that puzzle can actually be solved, but in beta testing, no testers were able to. We figured it was a diversion the Dragon was using to test the player.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I flipped those two up, not sure what they've done or how to get the one up on the ceiling.

I can't find the buttons in the passageway with the gas arrow traps. above the initial entrance door?
    and what did the switches do?

in the area with Christ's head on a red banner (between the passageway with the gas arrow traps and the dragon puzzle room), there are beams you can rope up to, and then a ladder down to a "dead' (inanimate, but frobbable) zombie body. why?
    Switches - I may have given the wrong impression before: each switch has a different function & there's 2 places to check: (i) look around the "big grin" picture just nearby, & (ii) look at the wall in the s-e corner of the "demon face" room (diagonally across from the statue alcove). If there's a switch on the ceiling there (I didn't see one), I've no idea what it does.

Gas Arrow Trap buttons - 4 little buttons above the archway leading into the Gas Trap Room (not the entrance with the grate you open with a switch). Time for some archery practice

Frobbable zombie body - hides something vital under its hand.

Loot list here
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 17th Jun 2011 at 22:52. Reason: spelling....always the spelling....

Switches... If there's a switch on the ceiling there (I didn't see one), I've no idea what it does.
    I couldn't see the effect they'd had with the glare on my screen, even with the blinds closed. darn you, sunlight! I got a good scare turning around from the gems and seeing the entrance & grin painting line up the "switch" on the ceiling inside the light up above the landslide & first switch was actually the skeleton's hand
    Gas Arrow Trap buttons
    toot toot! same as above
    Frobbable zombie body
    same as above

thanks Sticky!

kenshabby

1. It's a "hint"

Everything you need to discover it is in that area. And there's a gratuity for your trouble.

HTH!

Iv got a problem. How to pass art gallery? In what order it is necessary to press painting?

Soldi - there's a 'loud' hint at the other end of the gallery.

Sticky Fingers ,
    It is clear. I have pressed pictures as the statue has told. Happens nothing. It can a bug?

Soldi - the door just past the talking statue should now be open if you got the order right.

Sticky Fingers ,
    The statue speaks:1. I know everything ... 6. Ask yourself. These are names of pictures.
    I press them in this order. This order correct or no?

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    Sticky Fingers ,
    The statue speaks:1. I know everything ... 6. Ask yourself. These are names of pictures.
    I press them in this order. This order correct or no?
    Yes, in order.

I loved the architecture of the art gallery & following rooms - very Constantine's Manor-esque! the painting just got more and more disturbing though.
    Making successful passage under the red-hot pipes dependent on the "walk bob" was kind of petty

I now have the Sleeper, the Blade, and a tan key that won't open the the guarded door (which I'm assuming is Kyron's). some help?
    The key for the door at the top of the stairs in the north part of the complex: - having aquired the Ceremonial Dagger, head to the room from which stairs lead to the "zombie-basketball" room. Across from those stairs there is/was a thief guarding a door - which is now open. Someone beyond that door has the key.!
    another big thanks to Sticky, who posted just the clue I needed (but long before I knew I needed it)!
    I'm about 700 short on loot, but I don't feel like negotiating those twisted halls again to find it all
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 18th Jun 2011 at 21:46.

I am stuck in the rooms below the hot switch, with the sliding skull puzzle, just past the haunt archers room. I can not make out the creepy disembodied voice's poem to get a clue.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast