TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "Anna to the rescue" 14/07/2011 updated to v0.2

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    I am stuck in the rooms below the hot switch, with the sliding skull puzzle, just past the haunt archers room. I can not make out the creepy disembodied voice's poem to get a clue.
    OldMeat, never mind the voice's poem. Just pick up the skull and use it on the floor to see where you can walk across to the other side.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

stuck in picture room

I am also stuck in the picture room - i know missed up the sequence the first time - but i have nailed it several times after that and nothing. I even have had the statue tell me again to maybe reset the puzzle - but still nothing!!! HELP!!!!

Picture Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kenbsue View Post
    I am also stuck in the picture room - i know missed up the sequence the first time - but i have nailed it several times after that and nothing. I even have had the statue tell me again to maybe reset the puzzle - but still nothing!!! HELP!!!!
    As you enter there are four pictures on the left wall and two on the right. Draw yourself a diagram (it's a straight line kinked to the left in the middle). Number the pictures 6,4,5,3 on the left wall and 2,1 on the right wall. You now have your sequence.

Thanks Gloria.

I have now passed that area now and used the key I obtained there to unlock one of the grated gates at the firebar hallway. I just need to find the key to the wooden door next to the bit-out profile face painting in an upstair room and the other key to the second grated gate in the firebar hallway.

Having fun with this one Cardia1, thanks for the new mission, the puzzles are great.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    I am stuck in the rooms below the hot switch, with the sliding skull puzzle, just past the haunt archers room. I can not make out the creepy disembodied voice's poem to get a clue.
    Use the skull to show you the path across the teleport field. Hint stay to the right. You can also use one rope arrow to jump. Use one save after you have gotten in about a third of the way, then use a rope arrow above. I had to use two, but got through okay. Good Luck !

OldMeat - for the 2nd key to use beyond the 'hot pipes' you need to back up from there to where you see some wooden stairs. Go into the room there & practice your basketball skills! If you need more try this post.

"wooden door next to the bit-out profile painting" - not clear on where you mean, but if it's at the top of some stairs on the north side of the complex check this post. (I tried not to look too closely at some of those paintings )

What a magnificent mission. I just finished it on Expert with the help of the loot list. Without it, I would only have found about half of the required amount. Just when I thought there was nothing new anyone could show me in terms of hiding loot...! The hiding places some of the items were put were SO devious (easily topping the devious list for me was the key in the wall niche in the small pedestal room. Getting up there with diagonal running was a truly diabolical idea).

Beautifully elaborate and colorful architecture, truly stunning work. My only general gripe was that the scale of the whole complex was so huge that I constantly perceived my movement to be excruciatingly slow, even with diagonal running (actually, diagonal running didn't even seem to make a difference here). Maybe a few speed potions could have been placed here and there, or a secret magical piece of gear that gives you a permanent speed boost...

Other than that, thanks for the wonderful mission!

Excellent mission! But where do I find the ritual blade? I just got an orange key so far, and the sleeper and the strange medallion
    Last edited by maga; 19th Jun 2011 at 09:27. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Excellent mission! But where do I find the ritual blade? I just got an orange key so far, and the sleeper and the strange medallion
    The Ritual blade is at the end of the hall after the "Burning paintings" and the hotbeams.. The blade will be on a pedistal. One of those keys will unlock one of the 2 gates protecting the ritual blade. The other is after more puzzles..

Thanks! a pity I'm not good at basketball

Absolutley Wonderful

I wish to extend an extremely heartfelt thank you to both of you for an extraordinary experience.
    I am in awe over the effort put into the architecture, the game-play, and the ambiance of this FM.
    As always, I am amazed at the quality of work that goes into fan missions such as this, that, in my opinion, didn't even exist in the original game.

I finished on expert, and only had problems finding enough loot, solving the jumping key puzzle, and the "false puzzle".

By no means have I never come across another FM of this caliber, there have been plenty, I've just kept silent about it for 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post
    I wish to extend an extremely heartfelt thank you to both of you for an extraordinary experience.
    I am in awe over the effort put into the architecture, the game-play, and the ambiance of this FM.
    As always, I am amazed at the quality of work that goes into fan missions such as this, that, in my opinion, didn't even exist in the original game.

I finished on expert, and only had problems finding enough loot, solving the jumping key puzzle, and the "false puzzle".

By no means have I never come across another FM of this caliber, there have been plenty, I've just kept silent about it for 10 years.
    Many thanks for you very kind compliments , and thanks for playing this one, we hope in future to bring more unpredictable satisfying suprises like this one.

cheers

Pedro Quintela

I'm having trouble finding the key to the righthand of the two double chambers, each of which has loot in the front part and a pair of haunts in the rear. The clues on here don't seem to be consistent. An explicit hint, if you please.

Just past the room with the demons watching from the ceiling there's a lever to the left at the end of the hall. If you throw it one way, it opens the grates blocking the loot in the demons watching room. If you throw it the other way, it opens grates high up above the hallway you're in, a bit farther along, in the area with the doorway to the creepy chapel. Rope arrow up to the ones above that door way and you'll find the key in there.

Thanks NW, I had missed the fact that the lever in question was two-way.

Hi Cardia, playing the mission too, very interesting and creepy atmosphere. Have a little problem with the skull part. Can you tell me who is the artist of the paintings(the black/white ones). And the other one in the galery, is it a clown!? Very spooky looking paintings...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Basso71 View Post
    Hi Cardia, playing the mission too, very interesting and creepy atmosphere. Have a little problem with the skull part. Can you tell me who is the artist of the paintings(the black/white ones). And the other one in the galery, is it a clown!? Very spooky looking paintings...

Cheers
    Hi Basso , how´s Jeneviere? thanks for playing this one and for the compliments, the paintings are from a russian woman painter, i don´t recall her name , but i remember i found them a few years ago while searching on google as "morbid painters", other paintings you can see its author signature.

good luck with the skull puzzle : "My mind is in rewind, why was i so blind"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6UUbffL4Ck

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    ...good luck with the skull puzzle : "My mind is in rewind, why was i so blind"?
    I've done it, but less on the ground than through the ceiling. I will search the web for "morbid painters", thanks.

Basso71

First of, I'd like to say that this is a really great mission and I enjoy playing it.

However, I'm stuck on the part in which you have to frob the switch opening the floor gate near the fake keys. I've doused the furnace above, but when I frob the switch, only one of the two grates in the floor gate opens. The other one remains closed. Is there a second switch somewhere to open that second grate?

Also, is it possible to climb the beams near the door with the pentagram? They seem to be too high to reach using rope arrows..

Quote Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
    First of, I'd like to say that this is a really great mission and I enjoy playing it.

However, I'm stuck on the part in which you have to frob the switch opening the floor gate near the fake keys. I've doused the furnace above, but when I frob the switch, only one of the two grates in the floor gate opens. The other one remains closed. Is there a second switch somewhere to open that second grate?

Also, is it possible to climb the beams near the door with the pentagram? They seem to be too high to reach using rope arrows..
    Yes and yes.

You have to go to the door where the dead man is and climb up there, there is a beam, and frob a grate and go in and you will find the second lever

For the second one there is wood in the side off the walls too just look closely and have fun

Thanks, I only noticed one, also placed quite high, piece of wood on the wall. I took another look after reading your reply and then noticed another, lower, piece above the door leading to the dragon room.
    Last edited by Overmind; 23rd Jun 2011 at 16:51.

Clearinghouse
    I finally finished this great mission! Excellent textures, sound, atmosphere, puzzles!
    Thanks very much, Cardia1 and Independent Thief

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I finally finished this great mission! Excellent textures, sound, atmosphere, puzzles!
    Thanks very much, Cardia1 and Independent Thief
    Thank you for playing this mission Clearing, for the compliments and for hosting it at your site the thief dark fate

Wowza!

cardia1: This is a masterpiece. I am absolutely blown away by the architecture. I am really enjoying playing it. I had to look up a couple hints so far in this thread to progress along but overall find this FM very playable. Thank you to you and your team!

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    cardia1: This is a masterpiece. I am absolutely blown away by the architecture. I am really enjoying playing it. I had to look up a couple hints so far in this thread to progress along but overall find this FM very playable. Thank you to you and your team!
    Many thanks for your kind repraise Bobber

Do you people think i should add a spoiler folder to this mission?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast