TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "Anna to the rescue" 14/07/2011 updated to v0.2

enter the pyramid - how?

Hi,

a cannot work it out, how to enter the pyramid.
    I 've pressed the knobs in the right order (from upper to lower ) but nothing appears.
    The reason is perhaps, that the guards are knocked out? Or that some torches are wet?

no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Sahnebacke View Post
    Hi,

a cannot work it out, how to enter the pyramid.
    I 've pressed the knobs in the right order (from upper to lower ) but nothing appears.
    The reason is perhaps, that the guards are knocked out? Or that some torches are wet?

no idea?
    When you choose the right pressing order you should hear a sound. Walk up the pyramid and go down the yellow path. Good luck!

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Dr Sahnebacke - N-S-W-E ? And, as Gloria said, you'll hear a 'chime' when you get it right.

the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Dr Sahnebacke - N-S-W-E ? And, as Gloria said, you'll hear a 'chime' when you get it right.
    Hello, Sticky and Gloria Creep,

thank you but I cannot hear any sound.
    I follow my way around the pyramid, walking clockwise (if we think, that the ground is the clock face), beginning on the side, where the N-Picture is facing me. Behind me the knob - I press it once. Walking to the next S, do the same. (What kind of compass should that be, where the directions are unsorted?). Do the same with the next knobs (These knobs lay all in one way, no crossings, no skips or omissions, right??). After these 4 actions I should here a sound? No!
    When I walk on the top of the pyramid, I see the same light path, which I can climb up but not down into the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Sahnebacke View Post
    Hello, Sticky and Gloria Creep,

thank you but I cannot hear any sound.
    I follow my way around the pyramid, walking clockwise (if we think, that the ground is the clock face), beginning on the side, where the N-Picture is facing me. Behind me the knob - I press it once. Walking to the next S, do the same. (What kind of compass should that be, where the directions are unsorted?)...

It's a lot simpler than you think Just use the compass in your inventory to discern which compass direction the buttons are. The letters on the pyramid merely tell you what the order is to press them in, which was kindly posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    It's a lot simpler than you think Just use the compass in your inventory to discern which compass direction the buttons are. The letters on the pyramid merely tell you what the order is to press them in, which was kindly posted above.
    >triple-beat-my-head<
    T H A T was it!!!
    Thank you very much for the enlightenment of my brains.

Have a nice day

Stunning
    The underground temple reminds me of Quake, the architecture is a bit similar. The way the lights, doorways and such are built takes me back to running around with a nailgun and shooting shamblers. The painting with just teeth looks just like one, well the teeth anyway. I noticed a handful of textures as well, the big crucified figure in the room with the jackals, the little cross lights and a few other lights and grates and the big doors, even one with the bloody pentagram. I remember because I messed around with the Quake editor way, way back, about fifteen years since that game came out. Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks for a trip down memory lane.

Also damn that loot was impossible to find

As a Betatester for this mission I also mentioned finding all loot was too hard. So did other testers. But the designers wanted to stick with the original lootplan and I do have and want to respect that. It's their "baby" off course
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Does anyone can tell me if i should add a walktrough for this mission? in order to find the loot with less difficults?

Zapman, yes theres alot of quake 1 & 3 inspiration in this mission, those are one of my first games , they marked me so much that i still love the quake world. I also love quake 2 and 4
    You should check this site, where you can find new maps for quake 3 to play, there are thousands of them , many of them are visually outstanding:
    http://lvlworld.com/
    Last edited by Cardia; 30th Jun 2011 at 06:23.

Just finished this one and only 400 loot short from the total but I am not a perfectionist so I'll leave it at that. Really liked the architecture and I can't imagine how hard it had been aligning all those diverse textures!

pyramid puzzle problem

I am at the pyramid, and each letter plague is recessed. I do not see any button to press. Do I press the plaque itself? As it is already recessed as if it was pushed in, I am stuck.

A hint please or some clarification.

thank you.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

The buttons are on the outer walls.

So, should i add a waltrought to this mission next time i update it?

Three places have me stumped. (So far I've gotten most of the objectives so I have explored quite a bit.)

1. At the hallway to the left of the exit from the "pyramid elevator" the entrance has what you might call skull murals on each side of the entrance. Each is lit by three flames below the mural. If you mantle up into the left side skull mural and look down to your left there's a switch. What does it do?

2. At the end of that same hallway just prior to the steps leading to the exit door if you look up there's a shelf-like area with two zombies. You can use rope arrows to get there. Also on the wall way up is what appears to be a door. (If you have come down the hall and encounter the steps, turn around and look up.) Can it be opened?

3. In the gas arrow hallway when you enter it turn around and look up. You'll see 4 buttons. I shot arrows, and based on the sound eventually triggered all four. What happens? Someone on the thread said to turn around. Well, I did that but saw nothing.

I must say that this mission started out interesting, got frustrating--I was ready to quit--and then it began to tug me back in. I've been enthralled since. I don't want to stop exploring--the architecture, sounds, puzzles are all mesmerizing.

Quote Originally Posted by glwhalen View Post
    Three places have me stumped. (So far I've gotten most of the objectives so I have explored quite a bit.)
    #1: Check the same room. Something obvious should be open now.
    #2: Yes! But it is not a door. There should be a switch or button around there (somewhere high up or near the zombies?). Or you can simply frob it? Not sure. I don't recall the details.
    #3: As told in the thread: look back. Something obvious should have opened. Maybe you have not hit them all and instead triggered one twice ?

For God Sake!!! its the fourth time i ask, should i add a walktrough to this mission next time i update it? or should include instead in the mission tips about how to find certain secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    For God Sake!!! its the fourth time i ask, should i add a walktrough to this mission next time i update it? or should include instead in the mission tips about how to find certain secrets?
    God here answering, lol
    No I don't think you have to have a walkthrough with the mission, I think every question people can think of has been answered here in this thread, or has it
    If you really want to do the walkthrough then it's ok you can do it but I think we would would rather you spent that time doing more great FMs

Although or better because I have played it already:
    yeah, this one clearly deserves a walkthrough !!
    There are quite a few tricky puzzles to solve and a walkthrough seems really appropriate.
    Thanks in advance, cardia !

Alleluia!!! Thank you Kittykat and gnartsh, Dont worry Kittykat im working already on a project for thief 2 with Darthslair, should be ready soon , pitty i dont get paid for creating mission, luck for you taffers that i love to create missions.

Alright Gnartsh, i will create a folder with all puzzles and secrets spoilers then include in the mission...updating mission...

Clearinghouse
    im working already on a project for thief 2 with Darthslair, should be ready soon
    Wow! Can't wait!

Can someone explain the painting puzzle to me -- "To spell the words in the right order" is about as gibberish as you can get, as are the phrases on the paintings. Two of them start with I... Trying to make a coherent sentence out of them doesn't work (not that you can) -- it doesn't seem to be a quote from any readable in the level...

Or am I just having a language translation issues? OR is this some pop culture quote I'm unaware of?

I have the feeling when you tell me I'm going to feel like a right proper twit.

Right now I'm just randomly trying them in different orders... Which isn't working either it seems.

-- nevermind --

Found it -- no idea WHY it's that order... but finally got past it.
    Last edited by deathshadow; 8th Jul 2011 at 12:53.

hi Deathshadow thanks for playing, heres the source of the philosophic puzzle meaning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh5DR3WHyss

So any idea when the walkthru will be ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    So any idea when the walkthru will be ready?
    Sorry Stingm, ive been very busy with my job as door 2 door interviewer, but tonight ill finish the update.

No problem! I will wait patiently!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast