TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "Anna to the rescue" 14/07/2011 updated to v0.2

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    But this last time, the grate closed around me and I had to move down through it and no matter what I do, I can't get it to open again. It worked fine the other times but going back looking for loot it just doesn't want to know.

Any ideas?
    Isnt there a switch on the wall that opens the grate?

First two times I just redid the switches and it opened. There is another switch but it fires an arrow or something and the haunts got overly friendly and I was so freaked out I didn't look to see if it opened the grate. Thanks, I'll try that.

Edit. Well I see now that it wasn't the switch that fired at me! It didn't open it straight away though and I don't know what I did but a combination of this and that worked this time.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by nickie; 30th Aug 2011 at 07:39.

Walkthrough & Loot List Added

I've put together a walk and comprehensive loot list which you can grab here. It will be included in my 2011 volume, which won't be available until next year.

This was a GREAT FM, BTW. Some of the best architecture I've seen. I especially liked the way Pedro teased the player with rooms constructed that could be seen but were not accessible. The puzzles and traps even I could figure out! The Escher-style, Alice In Wonderland flavors gave an old game a fresh polish.

Since I beat up Pedro on his 3 Distinct Adventures campaign, I figured I owed him some compliments on his best FM to date. Good work, taffers.

Thanks, Ricebug

Wow, I didn't even look who made that mission yet Pedro huh? Awesome!! I don't know how big the FM is, but I've gotten to the zombie head basket court & the heat laser beams, but that's where I'm stuck. I'm actually playing a Pedro game...without giving up! Yay!!

Thanks Terry, this time im glad to hear your very generous compliment about this mission, im still finding hard how you didnt feel the same for " 3 distinct adventures" anyway i have to admit that Alice in wonderland is a great reference, speaking of wich you have to play Alice madness returns, ive just finished this game recently, and theres was the level with the Queens Castle (amazing map) that reminded me somehow this mission, also the movie" Fauns labirinth" was somehow an influence, Escher is also a good reference for its visual illusions. Yes the architecture was the hardest part of this mission, there was one of the areas that was very problematic for alot of days untill it was finally found how much this area could support the quatity of geometric shapes...usual dromed limitations.

Acolyte6 , im glad you are being able to deal with this mission obstacles, but i havent forgot that soon i will create a demo mission to teach the players skills they might not know yet, like the garrett longest jump. Its mainly because of you i remember to do this tuturial demo :-)
    Last edited by Cardia; 7th Sep 2011 at 07:48.

Haven't beaten it yet, but I've got to pause to say that this mission is absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm walking around, agape at the fantastic textures and brilliant architecture. Gah, games like this make me insecure about my own work. I hate that, but I love it.

I don't know whether
    spoiler:
    the idea of Garrett and a female Mechanist being lovers is explained
    , but that is the only thing that "bothered" me. Just because it seemed really out of character unless it's explained somewhere.

Thanks Scarykitties for the very kind compliment, you also have beautifull missions, speaking of wich im going now to play your last release for t2 "lingering whispering" ... About the relation between Garrett and Anna, is something reaaly good for Garrett, he also needs to be in Love, he cant spent the whole life only with whores .

Well, not to be too overblown about it, but your mission has the most brilliant, beautiful architecture that I have ever seen. As a mission creator, it's kind of scary to see stuff that good because there's the urge to emulate (and the fear of unwittingly copying). Anyway, love it!

Hope you enjoy Lingering Whispers! My building style is pretty chaotic, though. Not nearly so elegantly designed as yours.

As for Garrett, I never assumed that he used whores. I always figured that he was enough of a misanthrope to be satisfied with being alone and distracting himself from loneliness by throwing himself into his work (*cough* like I do when I Dromed *cough*). I just couldn't see him falling in love with a fanatic like a Mechanist. The closest he ever came to a trusted ally, let alone a friend or lover, was with his buddy Keeper and Viktoria and he would always push the former away and got the latter killed (which, incidentally, are themes that I explore in "Lingering Whispers").

Just my opinion of course, though.

Just goes to show how much of a butterfly Garrett is. At the ending movie in Heretic, he was involved with the Egyptian blue girl. Now he's dating who...???

Scarykitties, im enjoying you new mission, i like the idea of the underground tombs.
    One thing that helps me create nice architecture is drawing projects on A4 papers while i listen to music to help me get inspiration, also the use of new textures is very important, and finally alot of patient, work and love for design.

if you ever need a co-author ill be glad to work with you, and we can plan to create something really new

Terry, I believe Garrett is dating more than one girl, not only the Egyptian blue girl, but also Anna the mechanist, and who knows if theres another girl involved.

Ephitumia, could you host this mission into your site www.thiefmissions.com ?

Thanks in advance.

Thiefmissions.com

Sure. It was already on my list of new missions to add which I am slowly working through, but since you asked, I've gone ahead and added it now.

http://thiefmissions.com/m/AnnaToTheRescue

I also converted the spoilers to HTML and added them.

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    Sure. It was already on my list of new missions to add which I am slowly working through, but since you asked, I've gone ahead and added it now.

http://thiefmissions.com/m/AnnaToTheRescue

I also converted the spoilers to HTML and added them.
    Many thanks Epithumia, i got planned a mission dedicated to you, also to Lady Jo, but first Maga, Ive promised her last year i was with her, but im still finishing two team projects, and real life is being a bit hard nowadays...

I finished this some time ago (with some help from here, obviously) and have just realised I neglected to post my thanks. It was absolutely stunning and I loved every minute of it. Even the bits that killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I finished this some time ago (with some help from here, obviously) and have just realised I neglected to post my thanks. It was absolutely stunning and I loved every minute of it. Even the bits that killed me.
    Many thanks for playing this mission Nicked and also a great thanks to your compliments, for me it is important that people play my missions and show gratitude for them, it compels me to do more missions and to be proud of my productions

Somebody asked here who was the author of some of the paintings that are exhibited in this mission, i finally remeber her name, its Maya Kulenovic:

http://www.google.pt/search?hl=pt-PT...og&sa=N&tab=wi

Where is the jumping key room? I have that orange key, what does it open?

Janie

Also where are those heads that people are talking about that bounce?

How do I open the door that has a lock and a guard near it?

I think I've passed 4 1/2 hours and getting tired. But, oh how I get immersed in this mission.
    Last edited by janiejoey; 30th Mar 2012 at 20:11.

cardia1,

I'm enjoying the heck out of this unique mission. It's as different as "The Kings Story" and some others that are famous. Please do keep making these wonderful and disturbing games. I LOVE THEM! I don't ever want them to end!

Janie
    Last edited by janiejoey; 30th Mar 2012 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by janiejoey View Post
    cardia1,

I'm enjoying the heck out of this unique mission. It's as different as "The Kings Story" and some others that are famous. Please do keep making these wonderful and disturbing games. I LOVE THEM! I don't ever want them to end!

Janie
    Hi Janie, you should find a folder within the mission zip file with the name "spoilers", you should find solutions there , thanks for the compliments, right now im in the final settings with a t2 mission that is being created by me along with Darthslair, im trying to find as much time as i can to compete this mission, but most of the time im busy with my work as door 2 door interviewer or spending time trying to find a girlfriend for me...

Im also developing a similiar mission to this one...but it will take a long time to be finished
    Last edited by Cardia; 31st Mar 2012 at 17:48.

Where is the jumping key room? I have that orange key, what does it open?

Janie
    that key opens one of the locks of the gate that locks a quest item near the fire bars.

I don't know how to get to the zip file. My husband put the FM on a different computer what we call our game computer. I can't find the zip file at all there.

I've gone through the fire bars and could open only one gate, the first one. Still there is yet another gate to open. Where is that key?

I sure would appreciate the help and your time. Hope you can answer my many questions. I just don't know what else to do. I'm stuck and haven't a clue.

Janie

I don't know how to get to the zip file. My husband put the FM on a different computer what we call our game computer. I can't find the zip file at all there.

I've gone through the fire bars and could open only one gate, the first one. Still there is yet another gate to open. Where is that key?

I sure would appreciate the help and your time. Hope you can answer my many questions. I just don't know what else to do. I'm stuck and haven't a clue.

Janie
    the other key is within a area where you will have to toss a headball inside 3 red holes, acessing this area is easy, just find its gate lever

But where is that lever? I'm just going in continuous circles!

Janie
    Last edited by janiejoey; 2nd Apr 2012 at 15:56.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast