TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Off To Lady Milhorn 19-06-2011

This is a Deathstage12 bug. Happened while testing the mission, too. Try to avoid the fire elemental.
    Not good ! You need to make your way through that area.
    Water arrows SHOULD work.

Fire elemental is not a big problem. I can easily avoid it. But the frame rate drop is a serious problem (about 3-4 fps). If I look down or up it's ok. But you can't jump looking down or up.

Is there a way to turn off the smoke effect?

alchemist's shop: after much consternation with crate stacking, I realized that the roof nearby (adjacent to the vent) has a rope-arrow-able overhang. it doesn't look like it should be, though. the vent passage just wrap around to the opening area - I guess I could have save myself a lot of frustration going from that way?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    to get to burricks find 1 of 3 sewer entrances
    I need a bigger clue. I don't see any vulnerable-looking walls (like in the basement) in any of them, should I be looking for something else?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 20th Jun 2011 at 16:04.

For those attempting to ghost this mission, I'm afraid that it's impossible. If the alleyway of spiders isn't a big enough clue, there's another well-lit passageway full of spiders near the end of the FM. I'd like to see someone get through that without being spotted and/or killing anything.

As for the FM itself - it's good, but there are some weird quirks that prevent it from standing out. For one thing, mansions are normally not designed with long passageways, like they'd been mined out of the earth. At least the basement being a maze is justified in-game.

Another thing - WAY too many guards. I had 86 knockouts (Expert) at the end of the FM, which is probably close to a record - the first mission of Ruins of Originia may be the only FM with a higher number. While that too is justified in-game, it just feels like overkill.

But for a first-time effort, it's incredible. These quirks help to give the FM a good Thief 1 vibe, and I certainly wasn't bored while playing it. Except for the expedition bit. While it gives the mission a badly-needed change of pace and scenery, it just felt too much like unwanted padding.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

cattamer: As for the "unkillable" fire elemental - I'm guessing you're referring to the one on the far left. Try aiming for the corner of the broken block just to its right. That did it for me.

MrMunkeepants: There are 3 doors in the basements that lead to the sewers, but each door leads to a different part of the sewers. One of the areas serves as an entry into the mansion, one leads to the Alchemist's lab that the widow set up (not related to the alchemist outside of the mansion and one leads into a larger sewer system. In there you'll find a door that will lead you to the burrick caves - along with other things.
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 21st Jun 2011 at 11:15. Reason: Typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    MrMunkeepants: There are 3 doors in the basements that lead to the sewers, but each door leads to a different part of the sewers. One of the areas serves as an entry into the mansion, one leads to the Alchemist's lab that the widow set up (not related to the alchemist outside of the mansion and one leads into a larger sewer system. In there you'll find a door that will lead you to the burrick caves - along with other things.
    entry is far East-Southeast metal door
    Alchemist's is Northwest metal door
    caves must be from the West-Southwest metal door (near the guard lodgings) but its a pretty small room, and I don't see another door in there...
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 20th Jun 2011 at 16:10. Reason: spoilers

Hello...
    We had the problem with the fire ball yet in beta, maybe u can give a screenshot WHICH fire ball?
    i thought i had solved the fire ball problem, deleted one of those..... maybe its all glitched with the fire balls... i gotta deal again with it...

also i look if i can solve the lag- problems...
    maybe i provide two versions without the additional SFX...

thanks...

About the hard beginning in the streets:
    Watch the walls and watch where u can climb all... U dont need to go across the guards, nor across the spiders. I made a third way that u can reach if u watch where u can climb and where u can use rope arrows. in the city is no spot where u can use a rope arrow without a purpose... any wooden piece has its purpose

The ruins are important, because they will play a role in the further "campaign"...

are ghosters not allowed to kill spiders?
    in theory u can get across those spiders in the caves if you use the invisible tonic...

unkillablecat, thanks for the long feedback, i appreciate that
    i know its not an outstanding mission, its my first mission^^ but im happy u still like it
    the air brush of the library inside the manor, it was the first brush i ever made in my life haha

In the sewers, there's a keeper/thief looking fellow that you cannot gain entrance to.. Is this the Alchemist across the street? ..Also, how do you get to teh Alchemist across the street?

Quote Originally Posted by jackinthebox View Post
    Hello...
    We had the problem with the fire ball yet in beta, maybe u can give a screenshot WHICH fire ball?
    i thought i had solved the fire ball problem, deleted one of those..... maybe its all glitched with the fire balls... i gotta deal again with it...

also i look if i can solve the lag- problems...
    maybe i provide two versions without the additional SFX...

thanks...
    It's the one to the far left as you emerge from the burricks cave.

I will try to raise the framerate by lowering the resolution unless you come up with a solution compatible with the current saves.

far left means, the fireball that stands next to the broken pedestal? which is patroling?
    or the on standing still BEFORE the river?
    or the one guarding the skeleton and the columns?

i delted the fire ball far left...

also i reduced the amount of particles of the smoke... should be more fluent now.

dont know if the new version will be compatible with the savegame, as i delted the fire ball =/

Jackinthebox, YOU TEASER 2 Dewdrops and now way to take them with me

I can't believe this is your first FM It's outstanding!
    But now I'm stuck. I need to find safetykey B at the Keeper of Wisdom. Is this somewhere in the library?
    I've been everywhere I think, but can't find the crazy lady anywhere.
    Is the treasureroom the one with the paintings in the basement?

What to do next?
    I've got the miner's ledger and enough loot.
    Playing on hard.

Last edited by Gloria Creep; 20th Jun 2011 at 18:33.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by jackinthebox View Post
    far left means, the fireball that stands next to the broken pedestal? which is patroling?
    or the on standing still BEFORE the river?
    or the one guarding the skeleton and the columns?

i delted the fire ball far left...

also i reduced the amount of particles of the smoke... should be more fluent now.

dont know if the new version will be compatible with the savegame, as i delted the fire ball =/
    with far left I meant the one across the lava river standing still between the left wall and a slanted stone block.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Jackinthebox, YOU TEASER 2 Dewdrops and now way to take them with me

I can't believe this is your first FM It's outstanding!
    But now I'm stuck. I need to find safetykey B at the Keeper of Wisdom. Is this somewhere in the library?
    I've been everywhere I think, but can't find the crazy lady anywhere.
    Is the treasureroom the one with the pINTINGS IN THE BASEMENT?

What to do next?
    I've got the miner's ledger and enough loot.
    Playing on hard.

For the Safety Key B It's in the library near a place where you sit.
    Not sure about the treasure room... or the keeper of wisdom..

Thank you, but where do I find the key to ope up that safe?

And what should I do next to find the Lady?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Thank you, but where do I find the key to ope up that safe?

And what should I do next to find the Lady?

The Lady Is actually a statue in the corner of the room, there is a frobbable book behind her that she "guards".

Since we are on the subject, I'm trying to play without spoilers but I have to ask, and a simple yes or no will do - Is the shovel in the room in the basement with all the boxes as stated in the parchment? I swear on all that's holy I have searched that room repeatedly and still haven't seen a shovel.

Also, I totally Tarzan'd back over the guards just to see route 3 and you're right, but my way's more fun

Thanks for the answer and yes, as I recall the shovel is in there. Just move some boxes.

Thanks for the answer and yes, as I recall the shovel is in there. Just move some boxes.
    Sign, I'll look for the hundreth time then, I've moved every frobble box in the room, found the chest behind the large crates and the loot in the crawlspace behind the small boxes on the big box, but no shovel...

Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    Sign, I'll look for the hundreth time then, I've moved every frobble box in the room, found the chest behind the large crates and the loot in the crawlspace behind the small boxes on the big box, but no shovel...
    there are two large rooms full of crates in the basement, one central-West and one central-East. I'm pretty sure the central-West room has the shovel.

I'm still trying to find the entrance to the burrick caves, and feeling quite stupid for not seeing them.

MrMunkeepants, did you find 3 entrances through iron doors which need the sewer key. They are in the basement. One of them leads to a place where 3 burricks are waiting for you when you pass through. You need to climb up there.

As for myself, I think I must be tired: I used the lever key, went out through the now open gate and that gets me back into the sewerarea which leads back to the basement of the mansion.

Where do I need to go from here? I got all 3 safetykeys.
    What am I missing?

MrMunkeepants, did you find 3 entrances through iron doors which need the sewer key. They are in the basement. One of them leads to a place where 3 burricks are waiting for you when you pass through. You need to climb up there.
    I found these:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    entry is far East-Southeast metal door
    Alchemist's is Northwest metal door
    caves must be from the West-Southwest metal door (near the guard lodgings) but its a pretty small room, and I don't see another door in there...
    I don't see any other metal doors in the basement, or any secret exits from the places I've listed above. am I blind? should I return my Taffers Card, and quit Thief before I get myself hurt?

I found these:

I don't see any other metal doors in the basement, or any secret exits from the places I've listed above. am I blind? should I return my Taffers Card, and quit Thief before I get myself hurt?
    You don't have to return your taffer card if I don't have to give up mine either, I finally found the room in the basement. Somehow, I seriously must have walked past it no less than 20 times as I scoured the basement for the shovel.

To answer you question on the 3rd door and the tunnels, the one you want Is due south of the Guard-Lodging (marked on the map in the basement). The map is slightly inaccurate in a way, as soon as you're standing on the stairs to go to the guards rooms, just turn around and the south hall is right there on the left. Yes, its a small room, but don't let that fool you, size isn't everything and the answer is hidden in plain sight. In fact, it's not even hidden!

I seem to be the only one having trouble with the burricks. I can't get past them. Is there a trick to it or do I have to use the invisibility potion I found. I hate to waste it in case I need it later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    Yes, its a small room, but don't let that fool you, size isn't everything and the answer is hidden in plain sight. In fact, it's not even hidden!
    oh god I had found the room, but it was so dark (and my computer room too bright) to see the tunnel right at eye-height, directly opposite the door.
    I finally finished the mission! game time ~2+ hours, but longer with all the searching & reloading. I never figured out where the key for the jewelry box in the noble rooms was, nor did I find the ledger (but it wasn't a requirement on easy).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I seem to be the only one having trouble with the burricks. I can't get past them. Is there a trick to it or do I have to use the invisibility potion I found. I hate to waste it in case I need it later on.
    I had to KO the burrick watching the sewer; I think I sneaked past the second one without alerting it, but the last group I alerted by clearing rubble, which invisibility wouldn't help with.

I never figured out where the key for the jewelry box in the noble rooms was, nor did I find the ledger (but it wasn't a requirement on easy)
    The key to the jewelry box is found in the Geologists Room in the basement on the table oddly labeled as "Small chest-key".Amusingly the jewelry box contains the ledger.

I did a crap ton of backtracking multiple times I could have avoided and finished in ~3h30m on expert trying to ghost. Unfortunately, it fails straightaway to unavoidable property damage, and forget it once you enter the burrick area.

UnkillableCat gave me a challenge though, get past the tunnels (notably the spiders) without killing anything. It took about a dozen tries on the spiders section, but I succeeded and finished the mission with 0 kills/0 knockouts/0 damage taken.

Too bad I'm missing a lot of loot...4821/5401
    Last edited by Euphrosyne; 21st Jun 2011 at 00:45.

Tribute to traditions

Classical mission! The old kind Thief 2!

Clearinghouse
    Great mission Looking forward to Chapter II of "The Rise of the Elder Ones"

Is there a cache of water arrows anywhere....I have reached the fire elementals and have...THREE...I'm screwed aren't I...oh woe is me.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast