TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Off To Lady Milhorn 19-06-2011

This is a terrific mission and it's hard to believe it's a first release! Very, very well done. I put a lot of hours into exploring it and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The clues were good and for the most part, it was excellent, old-fashioned Thiefy fun.

There were a few too many guards and the cave sections were too difficult in some sections to suit me. The first burrick cave I came to, for example. There was almost no way to sneak past them and even trying to kill them was out of the question. I eventually used an invisibility potion to limit the damage and managed to get through that way but I would have preferred a more elegant way to do it. The second cave of burricks was a much better example. It was possible to sneak past them in the shadows then move the rubble without being detected. It added tension to that part without becoming frustrating. The tunnel full of spider right before that last section was also over-populated, in my opinion. You couldn't dispose of one spider without alerting another one as they were too close together.

Overall, though, this was a total blast. Thank you SO much, jackinthebox! A stunning debut and I will look forward with great anticipation to the next adventure in the series. Let me know if you need another betatester when the time comes as I'd be honored to be included.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    Is there a cache of water arrows anywhere....I have reached the fire elementals and have...THREE...I'm screwed aren't I...oh woe is me.
    While there are a few water arrows here and there in the mansion, there is no "cache" to be found. There's one in a fountain in a room north of the front doors, another one in the kitchen, and I think there's one in the Lady's alchemy lab, plus some others I can't remember right now. There's also one in the very room you've reached, but over on the other side.

IIRC, a well-aimed gas arrow will also put out Fire Elementals. There's a gas arrow in the Lady's alchemy lab.

I noticed very early on that buying as many water arrows as I did was a very good idea. Lots of strategically placed torches that need to be doused...

Yes as Nightwalker said it's an awesome mission, but could have been fever guards and the ruin part was really hard but doable. I had one water arrow when I reached the ruins so I had to use the invisible potion jumping to the other side of lava so getting through the spider cave was hell. I also missed about 500 in loot so that must have been well hidden. Congratulation and thank you jackinthebox for this mission and I am really looking forward to more from you.

I finished the mission last night and need to find out how to get in an underground thief den... where there's more goodies.... There's a switch on the wall and another iron door on the other side of the room but no way to get in... Any ideas...

Finished with 5226 loot

It was a fine mission, thanks Jackinthebox.

I finally managed to kill that fire elemental after trying to shoot from different points and could collect the loot it was guarding.

After knocking out the archers I had collected about 60 arrows which I used all. Finished with 1 arrow remaining.

Hopefully the spiders and burricks I've killed don't resurrect in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by cattamer View Post

Hopefully the spiders and burricks I've killed don't resurrect in the sequel.
    they wont.
    ^^
    the ruins are a bit changed when the player enters them in the next missions^^
    Last edited by jackinthebox; 21st Jun 2011 at 14:08.

Amazing FM! Best fun and challenge in a while. But I do need some help... I only need to get the urn to complete, but I'm unable to find what I need to get into the Alchemist's. I'd appreciate some hints, thanks.I've been on the roof but don't have the key? to open the grate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlyx View Post
    Amazing FM! Best fun and challenge in a while. But I do need some help... I only need to get the urn to complete, but I'm unable to find what I need to get into the Alchemist's. I'd appreciate some hints, thanks.I've been on the roof but don't have the key? to open the grate.

Think of something more complicated than a key

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlyx View Post
    Hint....You need to get your hands on a Builder 2000...

Very nice first FM.

Thanks for contributing to all us players who never get bored because of fresh supplies of new FMs for this game.

I guess I can finish anytime, but I do not have the full amount of loot in my bottomless anti-clank booty looty bag.

Does anyone know how to get in the gated sewer bridge area the keeper is patrolling?

OldMeat, there's a lever on the left side of the bridge. Rope up to reach it.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Thanks for the hint, dbrilliant. I've now finished the FM, only missed 300 loot. I really like the number of guards, spiders and burricks. The more, the better challenge. Ended with 90 KO's and 19 critters killed. I thoroughly enjoyed this FM. Thank you, JackInTheBox!

New version available. Bugfixes:
    -Fog in lava area
    -1 fire elemental deleted

There's no need to download this version, if the other version worked just fine.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20473...nManor+1.2.zip
    Last edited by fibanocci; 23rd Jun 2011 at 11:46.

Thanks for game!

Magnificent mission! A long, interesting, a lot of nice puzzles that must be! For a long time there were no such classical episodes. It is worthy inclusions in a top-40. JackInTheBox, do continuation!

Nice 1

A fun mission. Loved the maze of basement tunnels.

Also I love a mission where you can set foe against foe. I unleashed the spiders on the guards and watched the fun from the top of a nearby wall.

where is the vault ?
    i've been running around ....
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

It's behind a gate in the south section of the basement. However, you'll need to find another way inside.

Can someone tell me where the sewer key is? I have over two hours invested and am tired of running around the entire mansion looking for a single key. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by That Miserable Thief View Post
    Can someone tell me where the sewer key is? I have over two hours invested and am tired of running around the entire mansion looking for a single key. Thanks.
    Have you been to the guard captains room? If so, have you read his diary?

He put the key in a safe place - in fact, it never left his room

Out right spoiler - Slash the banner in the captains room.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    It's behind a gate in the south section of the basement. However, you'll need to find another way inside.
    a little hint ?
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    a little hint ?
    Re-read the guard captains diary. It should be all the hint you need.

Wow, that was incredible. First FM? This really captured the feeling of Thief 1 in a T2 mission.
    I really enjoyed playing this one. 89 KO's and short 350 in loot, but nearly 3 hours of bliss.

Great mission but I think I have messed up having used all the rope arrows in the lava area I cant enter the alchemist shop.

LOL Never mind I went to the burrick area and managed to get one I had left in the ceiling

Hopefully the last update. Nobody has noticed the jorge-texture at some places? Strange. Nevermind, it's fixed now

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20473...nManor+1.2.zip

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast