TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Off To Lady Milhorn 19-06-2011

Where do i find the key to the small safe door that is under water inside a fountain in one of the upper rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    Where do i find the key to the small safe door that is under water inside a fountain in one of the upper rooms?
    Under the chair

I liked this mission. Lots of fun to play.

I still need one more thing to finish: I have sulfur, but can you tell me where to find some dragon moss?

Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    Have you been to the guard captains room? If so, have you read his diary?

He put the key in a safe place - in fact, it never left his room

Out right spoiler - Slash the banner in the captains room.
    Thanks. I had been by that area earlier and forgotten about it.

I had such bad framrate in the lava area that I got frustrated and deleted the mission, after dying several times. I guess my old P4 2.2G, 2GB RAM, GF FX5500 isn't enough to run certain T2 missions, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    Re-read the guard captains diary. It should be all the hint you need.
    already been where the burricks with the sewer key but i come to a dead end there a hole up on the wall but i can't get up there
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

help, hilfe

I canīt find the safety key B, i believe its inside a lockbox above a armoire in the upper floors, so where can i find the key to this box?

Ich kann nich das key safety b finden, weissen sie wo kann ich es finden?

find the librairy

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    already been where the burricks with the sewer key but i come to a dead end there a hole up on the wall but i can't get up there
    Hint: Look up by the hole closely

Major Spoiler You should be able to use a rope arrow on the ceiling to get into the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    I canīt find the safety key B, i believe its inside a lockbox above a armoire in the upper floors, so where can i find the key to this box?

Hint: There is a scroll with riddles to all 3 keys. Read it carefully.

If you haven't found that yet - Hint: Who would know where all the keys are if no one else?

Spoiler Go back to the Lady's bedroom and look around again

Major Spoiler: Cut the banner in her bedroom
    Last edited by Euphrosyne; 23rd Jun 2011 at 20:29.

I never figured this one out on my own too: In the library, frob the book of the statue. It never highlighted for me, but it worked.

wthat's with big rock blocking the way after the fire elementals and the frobable bag near the skeleton, i can't move or break the big rock need a little help !

Excellent mission. There were a few issues in places, but overall well done and fairly flawless.

I noticed a few (texture) windows that were blocked by a wall in the city, but beyond that there were no issues that come to mind.

I do have to ask, is this your first involved work with dromed or have you been playing with dromed for a few years.

Now for a semi-review (lots of spoilers throughout, but I tried to block the majority of them for those scrolling through my post).

The city section looked very well built. I really found the ways past a certain initial obstacle rather amusing. I didn't find that third and non-confrontational way until was exploring on the other side rather ironically. All of the hidden secrets throughout the city were well placed and I nearly missed a few of them. I've played so many FMs though that I tend to be very good at cleaning out a level. (missed less than 400 loot) Also I found all three of the keys to the vault well before visiting the private quarters. I just can't leave a safe unopened for very long.

In addition, I really enjoyed the multiple ways into the place. So often these first missions turn out to be rather linear and limited in possible paths. I did notice that the other two ways in (over the hedge) were rather easy by comparison to the sewer (which makes me glad I chose the sewer route as that was quite fun).

I did find the vault chamber's inaccessibility rather odd given that lever that was right there. It would have been better if there had been a (nonfrobbable lock or something on it to prevent it's use (storywise) rather then it just being unfrobbable.

Also I was rather expecting, given all of the weirdness with the Lady that she would pop up at the end tossing magic spells at me (I've played way too many FMs it seems) .

The ending did seem anticlimactic what with no alarm or surprises or even traps, which makes sense given that nobody should be able to get that far, but still after I made it into the fault chamber, it was pretty start forward to the end (since I had everything I needed for get the urn).

I guess the whole feel of the mission was supposed to give Garrett (and by some extension the player) a sense that there is nothing really weird or mystical or magical going on aside from some seemingly coincidental ruins underneath. It is just a simple old mansion heist of an old(-ish) noble widow who has gone a little off in the head due to age (I guess she's old) and her husband's death. Yet, as Garrett exits, he (and the player) can't help but feel that there is more to this widow, her husband's death, and/or those ruins than as it appears.

Anyway, I loved it and I can't wait for the next installment in hopefully less than a year.

wthat's with big rock blocking the way after the fire elementals and the frobable bag near the skeleton, i can't move or break the big rock need a little help !
    You need a pickaxe in order to remove that rock.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1
    Itīs not safety key B that opens this box, itīs the 'small box key' that you can find on a table in the geology room in the basement.

I still need help with the dragon moss. Please!
    Last edited by jiansonz; 24th Jun 2011 at 01:12.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    I still need help with the dragon moss. Please!
    If I remember correctly it's in the beginning of the mission laying on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by That Miserable Thief View Post
    Thanks. I had been by that area earlier and forgotten about it.

I had such bad framrate in the lava area that I got frustrated and deleted the mission, after dying several times. I guess my old P4 2.2G, 2GB RAM, GF FX5500 isn't enough to run certain T2 missions, anymore.
    try the new version 1.2...
    i reduced the lava fog. maybe it works for ya now...

@Iceblade:

Thanks u liked the mission!
    What windows u mean?
    I played thief 1 ALOT, im quite a fan of it. then i discovered thief2, after thief2 i discovered dromed. worked on this mission for a 0,75-1 year or such. i didnt play many FM,s didnt play any tbh when i begone with dromed.
    the lever isn't frobable because its broken and stuck, didnt u read the scroll?
    to the last bit: yes, the mystic and magic stuff will come in the next mission(s). garret will have to return to the ruins

No-one else seems to have had this problem, but I can't get into Lord Milhorn's tomb. Neither the pick nor the "Builder 2000" work, nor anything else I currently possess (I'm playing on Expert).

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    No-one else seems to have had this problem, but I can't get into Lord Milhorn's tomb. Neither the pick nor the "Builder 2000" work, nor anything else I currently possess (I'm playing on Expert).
    You need a shovel. I think itīs in one of the two big storage rooms in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by jackinthebox View Post
    Thanks u liked the mission!
    What windows u mean?
    I played thief 1 ALOT, im quite a fan of it. then i discovered thief2, after thief2 i discovered dromed. worked on this mission for a 0,75-1 year or such. i didnt play many FM,s didnt play any tbh when i begone with dromed.
    the lever isn't frobable because its broken and stuck, didnt u read the scroll?
    to the last bit: yes, the mystic and magic stuff will come in the next mission(s). garret will have to return to the ruins
    Maybe, where is this scroll located? I read the bit about the expedition, but I don't remember there being mention of a lever problems. (Edit: Nevermind, I found it. I must of forgotten what it said by the end.)

You haven't played that many FMs? So most of the loot and secret hiding hints you only borrowed from the OMs and came up with the rest on your own. WOW! And this first mission was less than a year in the making. Now I really can't wait for the next mission. You are a suburb FM Author.

As for the windows:

the first one is the tavern right next to the start

the other place is the somewhat secluded building that is to the far south of the mansion entrance (the one with all of the large door textures). Both the left and right door textures are cut off on one side. Also one of the windows is partially blocked by roofing.

Also, the "secret" upstairs rooms in the city just north of the starting point - the room with the invisibility potion has a door that is outside of the wall. It looks more like a door resting vertical against the wall rather than a door in a doorway.

Now if you would like some really nitpicky stuff. The windows (especially the long vertical ones) should be slightly inside the building rather than on the face (since windows are placed in open holes in the wall). This is very nitpicky though and more trouble than its worth to get all of the windows. Might be something to consider in building future missions, though.

As you can see, there is nothing really major I can think of. As frustrating as the lava section can be, that is part of the design as it is meant to be a bit of jumping puzzle.

PS: You sneak. Hiding a chest of loot behind a crate that can only be broken.
    Last edited by Iceblade; 24th Jun 2011 at 14:18.

big rock blocking

is the pick axe in the basement too i remember seeing one but it was not frobbable

is the pick axe in the basement too i remember seeing one but it was not frobbable
    Nope, itīs in the small shed in the corner of the outer garden. You need a key for the shed.

@Iceblade: You can break the crate? I crouched in front of the crate and could reach the chest that way. How did I know there was a chest? I tossed a scouting orb over the crate!

Lava pit problem

My game slows to a crawl while crossing the lava pit and my visibilty drops considerably. Where am I supposed to go here? I keep ending up in a dead end or falling into the pit.

Bobber, jump to some rocky plates, look up and use some rope arrows to get along.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

@jiansonz

I guess we are talking about the same, the crate in the room near the kitchen where the large crate blocks access to the footlocker.

And I'm still missing 75 loot and I checked the URN in dromed just to be sure it didn't have a loot property.

again stuck

Thank you sexypat, euphrosyne, Gloria creep and jiansonz for the hints, i found the last key i was needing in the library, got inside the vault, now i need to find suphur and dragon moss, where can i find these ingredients? This mission has nice musics, congrats to the composer.

Congrats on your first mission release!!!
    Downloading now, thanks a lot!

Thank you sexypat, euphrosyne, Gloria creep and jiansonz for the hints, i found the last key i was needing in the library, got inside the vault, now i need to find suphur and dragon moss, where can i find these ingredients? This mission has nice musics, congrats to the composer.
    The moss is in the beginning of the mission on the ground somewhere

and the sulfur is in the pharmacy shop across the street from the mansion, enter via roof

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast