TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Off To Lady Milhorn 19-06-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    I made it through the burricks, fireball area, lava cave, etc. and am now in the room with the brazier where I placed the dragon moss and sulfur. I have tried every thing I am carrying to get a reaction from the ingredients. The only thing I must be missing is a gas arrow. Is this correct? If so, I may end the game here.
    I do not recall each detail, but once you drop both the dragon moss and the sulfur into the brazier, then that should do the trick already.
    Both should disappear IIRC. You are back in the basement of the mansion, right ?
    I seem to recall that there are 2 braziers in the vault - and each item goes into 1 specifc brazier, but my memory might fool me.
    You don't need a gas arrow. Just the 2 things that you mentioned already.
    Did you notice a canope appearing in this room ?
    Last edited by gnartsch; 8th Mar 2012 at 16:26.

Thanks for replying, gnartsch. Yes, I am back in the basement and I entered the door just before the lever to open the gates. I dropped each item in the brazier and didn't get any reaction. As far as a second brazier, I don't see anything else except 2 gold candelabras on the edge of a small pit with an elevator at the bottom.
    Can't seem to figure out how to get a reaction from the moss and sulfur.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Correct location... correct actions... I am clueless... or there is something that slips my mind.
    And since this mission does not need any special scripts... I just can't imagine something goes wrong.
    Did you drop the items ... or USE them on the brazier ? Maybe a specifc order is required.
    I would like to help... but I do not have a savegame to look this up.

Many thanks for the hint. I just dropped them in the brazier instead of using them. Will go back and try.

Broken links

Both the download links at the top of the thread are broken. I ended up in totally wrong sites, unable to download. The mission is available on Thiefmissions, but I had to do a search for Milhorn as the links backfired. Just FYI.

Thiefmissions.com

I edited the first post to point to thiefmissions.

It's been a long time since this FM came out, but does anyone know where the key to the jewelry box in one of the upstairs bedrooms is? This box sits on top of a cupboard. I've read this thread and it says the key is in the geologist's room in the basement, on the table. Well... it sure wasn't. Believe me, I've looked. Several times. I'm playing on easy. I was wondering if it's maybe in a different location depending on the play level. Any help would be appreciated

Archivist
    Hi Summer. I've never played this mission before but maybe this post (and the 3 right below it) can be of help to you. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Hi Summer. I've never played this mission before but maybe this post (and the 3 right below it) can be of help to you. Good luck
    Thank you kindly, Phantom, but I already have all the safety keys, A, B, and C, as well as the sewer key. I think the box on the cupboard is supposed to contain a ledger of some sort, but I don't know.

But I will recheck the lady's bedroom just in case It's possible I missed it, though I do recall cutting the banner away. It's dark, so I could have not seen it. I'll go back and look.

Table in Geologic Sample Storage room. The walkthrough lists all keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Table in Geologic Sample Storage room. The walkthrough lists all keys.
    Thanks for the walkthroughs, Ricebug

Is this Geologic Sample Storage the same as the Geology room in the basement? Because the latter is what's on the map--and the key sure ain't there. There are two tables, one with the power drill plus instructions, and the other has a non-frobbable candle. There are rocks to move around, under which are valuable rocks. But no keys. I started a new game just to check the room again, thinking maybe I had put a rock in it or something, but no. Still no keys.

Darn it.... Since I'm on easy, it's not a requirement to open the box. I can finish the mission without it. It just annoys me there's something I can't open.

Here's a screenie of the room mentioned:

The room is in the lower level (looks like there are only two levels). The key is called Small Chest-Key, but it is only available on Hard and Expert. The moneybox is also empty on Normal difficulty. Opening it completes an objective on Hard and Expert.

Thank you so much, Ricebug! You're an absolute sweetheart!

I'm on Normal, so even though the lockbox is there, there's no key to get from Geology. I'll have to start again at Hard if I want that ledger.
    Last edited by nickie; 7th May 2013 at 15:04. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote

Yep, the box is empty--no ledger--on Normal.

Thread necromancy

Sorry for the necromancy. I'm catching up on FMs and am about 1hr. 30mins. into this one. It's good so far, even though the map is a bit confusing. (Playing on Hard.) I'm trying to find the urn room (& treasury room as well), but keep coming up against a a bar-gate with unfrobbable levers on each side which is blocking my access to the circular room beyond. According to a spoiler I read in this thread, I should be able to access the that circular room (with the boarded-up area) by using the sewers (in the north part of the basement map); however, the only sewers I've found lead to the alchemist's room, another sewer that takes you nowhere, and a third sewer that takes you back to the beginning area of the map. I've removed all the rocks in the walls thinking that one of those walled-up areas might lead me to where I need to go, but so far they've just proven to be shortcuts through the basement hallways. I hate to be a big baby about it, but I need more than vague hints at this point, considering the map is so extensive and more than a tad confusing.

I also have no idea how to make it up to the Lady's (& child's) quarters; I just keep ending up on the ground floor, running in circles again. Edit: Nevermind; I found the way to the nobles floor.

Edit: I traced my path all the way back to the start, got inside the front gates of the manor, found something called dragonmoss, but no other sewer covers or anything in the sewers that would lead me to a tunnel (other than the spider's tunnel where I got the spider's key). I've read the guard's note about the burricks & how it wasn't his worry since it was on the Lady's property, but dang it all if I can find it! I have all 3 keys, but nowhere to put them.

I realize that this FM is four years old, but I'm enjoying it so far & would hate to quit out of frustration. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dia; 4th Mar 2016 at 09:38.

My ancient notes are a bit hard to read since I was confused by the map as well in the end. But I found a few hints in there.

I think you have not been in the cellar yet. There should be one access point in a small room near the kitchen, and another should be near or at the end of a luxurious stairway in the mansion. In the cellar and beyond, you should find Burricks, as well as a way into the treasury room. When you meet the Burricks, you should also have a pick-axe. If not, look for it before proceeding with the old stinkers, for you might have to make a tedious trip two or three times if you don't have that axe with you.

Unfortunately, I neither find anything about these switches in the sewers nor about that circular room in my notes. But I think you will have to deal with that cellar area before anyway.

Thank you very much, baeuchlein. I thought I was already in the cellar, though on the map it's marked 'basement'; are they the same? I've already started playing a different FM, but after I've finished with this one I'll go back & see if I can follow your hints. Thank you for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    I thought I was already in the cellar, though on the map it's marked 'basement'; are they the same?
    You're right, I meant the area marked as "basement" with "cellar". I was confusing it with the part called "Ground floor".

I've pulled my ancient savegames off one of my DVDs, and I think I know where you have to go now. First, that gate with two levers is in the cellar/basement. It's located directly to the north of the large room marked with "Treasury Chamber". The lever on the inside would work, if you could only reach it... No, don't waste your arrows on it, you won't get that gate open from the outside. Instead, you need another way into the treasury chamber. One that's not on your map, but still leads to sewers.

You have found a sewer worker's note about a Burrick breakthrough, but there's another readable mentioning Burricks somewhere as well. I think it's in the guard rooms in the basement area, most likely in the room of a guard captain. It mentions a Burrick breakthrough below the mansion, but also an expedition which dealt with finding ore. After some days, the men found themselves in the rooms before the treasury chamber.

Your task now is to follow this expedition's way into the treasury chamber. Unfortunately, one can easily miss the way into the sewer which the expedition found. Its entrance is in the room to the west of the Treasury chamber. While going there, use your compass frequently to check whether you're still going into the right direction, because I think the map is not quite right concerning the junctions to the southeast of the "Guard-Lodging" area. If you come from where the gate with the two levers was, mainly head to the southwest, into that room to the west of the treasury chamber and urn rooms.

Anyway, once you reached the room mentioned above, look around. Close inspection of the southern wall beyond the small patch of water in there should yield an entrance which is not hidden in any way, but easily escapes your eyes because it's very dark there. Go in there and follow the passage there to find a small sewer where you most likely have not been before. Look around in there, and you will find a metal door somewhere, leading into more roughly hewn passages through the deep.

You will eventually reach a "precursor-like" place where a large gap in the floor with lava in it keeps you from easily reaching the other side. On one end of the lava river, however, you can jump across. (I recommend saving the game first, though.) Leap at the last possible moment, then you should reach the other side safely.

There should be a bit of loot scattered around there, and once you have picked it up, you have to proceed through the columns near the skeleton. After going through some damaged ancient passages there, you will reach a large steaming lava lake with some stones and other structures with which you can travel across the lake. Don't forget to save, since it's a long way through, especially because you can't take the direct route, and there are lots of opportunities to turn poor Garrett into a freshly fried steak. Very yummy if you're a Burrick... but I digress.

After a long session of climbing, jumping and crawling, escaping the lava lake area and doing some more crawling, you should reach the room with the gate and two levers again - but this time from the inside. Open the gate with the lever, but then proceed eastward to the room with the urn. I do not remember what has to be done there, but it must be possible somehow to get that urn from there.

After that, I don't know what else to do, but I think you still have to look for that sewer with the circular room. Unfortunately, I have not found that sewer with my ancient savegames so far. However, I noticed another sewer area which might have escaped your attention. In one of the rooms of the Ground floot area, there's some kind of river or channel running through it. In that channel, there should be a passage to more rooms, including another sewer area. If you swim through it, you should emerge in a room with a ladder leading up. Another set of iron barriers and an iron gate block your way. A person in typical "Keeper clothing" walks back and forth behind the gate. I remember that one can get into there as well, but I do not know any details. It might even be possible that one has to enter the rooms with the patrolling "Keeper" from the other side.

That's it for now. I think you can proceed for a while with these directions now.

How do I unlock the grate in the chimney on the roof? I 've been all over the town, including the sewers, and found the spider key. I've been all over the roofs, and also jumped down to the manor grounds, beside the shed with a locked door. Can't seem to get anywhere at the moment. I know you need the lockpick upgrade for the grate but where is it?

This "lockpick upgrade" is in fact a drilling machine, "Builder 2000". My notes say that it's located in the cellar (basement), but I did not write down where exactly. I think it was resting on some shelf down there, in a small storage room.

I haven't found any way in to any cellar. I'm sure I've overlooked something but don't know where.

The way to the "cellar":

1. From the kitchen, go north.
    2. Turn right at the end and then take an immediate left.
    3. Travel east all the way to the end of the hall.
    4. The stairs leading down to the cellar are there.
    5. At the bottom of the stairs, turn south and then west at the end of the very short hall.
    6. On the wall in front of you, the gold placard says, "Geological Sample Storage."
    7. The Builder 2000 is in that room.

You don't understand, I haven't found a way in to the Manor yet. I've explored all the surrounding areas, rooftops and sewer but that's as far as I've been able to go. I just can't find a way in to it. Which is why I said that I've overlooked something obvious somewhere.
    I do appreciate your help though

Edit: Never mind. I'd completely forgotten the metal door in the sewer that the lever opened. Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by llanita; 7th Mar 2016 at 10:07.

How am I supposed to get by all those spiders in the tunnel in the lava???

The way I did it was by killing each one with broad arrows, whilst leaning around the bend in the tunnel and/or trying to keep far enough away so they can't see you. I think it takes 5 arrows per spider. I saved after each successful hit. It wasn't my favourite part of the game!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast