TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: T2 FM Off To Lady Milhorn 19-06-2011

Thanks Marbrien it's really hard that part, I agree.

Finished. I have to say this was an excellent mission. It had the feel of a pro mission not a rookie mission. Would love to see you make more missions

GREAT MISSION! A lot of guards! See below LOL

Ok. Re-replaying again.
    I REALLY don't know how to get to the room I need to use the two items on the braziers.
    Please give me a direct walkthrough from the lava part, since I forgot how to get there and I already read this thread completely.
    What did I miss?
    I got the waterarrow and gemstome from the lava part en know I need to go tot the other side of that space, but I really need a giveaway spoiler here. I've been climbing for more than 80 minutes now.

Gloria, I assume that with "lava part", you are referring to the room with the lava lake at the bottom which is behind the "Lost City"-like room with the lava chasm at the bottom.

You arrive at the bottom of this room, and the first steps shold be clear: Jump across the solid patches in the floor just ahead of you. Then, make your way up the rough steps, as indicated by the arrow.

Now, you have to get to a ledge to your left. However, it won't work if you try to crawl along the small bridge. You better save your game, then try to make a jump across the lava, as indicated by the left arrow.

If you successfully avoided being fried, you can now follow some kind of path up there, until you reach another very small bridge ending in a wall. Walk along until you are near the end of the bridge.

Look up and notice the different colors of the "roof". Save your game, shoot a rope arrow into the left patch of the "roof", then get across to the other side. If you snatch away your rope arrow just before jumping off towards the platform, you can retrieve the arrow.

Walk along the path up there until you reach yet another bridge's end, looking down to a path in the lava below. I don't know whether the rock you see in the next picture is there, or whether I brought it there, but you should recognize the place anyway. Try to run off the bridge (without jumping) in order to fall towards the large column near the rock in the picture, since the column may prevent you from sliding ahead and into a fiery death down there. Unless you have been burnt to death, follow the path in the direction indicated.

Upon reaching the end of the path, look up again. You can barely make out an opening up there, which is your next goal along the way. Shoot a rope arrow into the "roof", but rather where there's a circle in the picture below. The rope you can see in the picture turned out to be too close to the opening in order to get off the rope and into the next passage.

Travel ahead up there, and after a while, you will reach an elevated passage above the favorite lava room again. A narrow bridge a bit below the passage awaits you, followed by another "get off the bridge without dying" stunt. Don't tell me you're getting cold feet now.

Once you're down there, you will have to battle a lot of spiders. I needed about 40 broadhead arrows to kill them all and pass through a tunnel with glowing mushrooms.

Follow the subterranean passage for a while. You will pass through two large rooms down there. The first has an exit which you might overlook, behind some obstacles...

... and the second shows a sign of civilization again: Two mounted spotlights.

Finally, you will enter the first room of the Treasury area, which is the leftmost one on your map. You may have seen this room already from the other side, in the cellar. There were two levers which you couldn't frob. Now, you can use the lever on your side of the gate to open your way back into the cellar (unless you really, really like to travel through that lava room again...), then go into the direction of the arrow.

There is a metal door there which can be opened by a key labelled "Safety-key A". Two other metal doors will happily receive keys B and C if you have them. Behind the last one, you will finally find the room with the urn.

WOW Thanks Baeuchlein!!!
    I must have been missing something because I did get as far as to the waterarrow and the gem.
    I'll try again.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I was looking at a whole other place to climb up. I got it now.
    Thanks again for the help!

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

So... uh...

What is going on here and how do I fix it?

Info: Using GL 1.4194, Tfix 1.22 and NewDark 1.23.

Last edited by Peanuckle; 4th Apr 2016 at 20:33.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    It's very dark.
    Looks like jorge and missing meshes, missing resources. Do you use Darkloader? Uninstall the mission and clean up your files.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202
    Install the mission again (with FMSel if you're clever).

"GL 1.4194" rather sounds like GarrettLoader than Darkloader. Whether GarrettLoader is the problem here, I can't say, for I almost never used it.

On second thought... Does it really make any sense to install TFix to a Thief 2 NewDark installation? "Off To Lady Milhorn" is a mission originally made for Thief 2, not Thief 1.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 5th Apr 2016 at 05:00.

I've had this in my missions folder forever and somehow never played it. Its definitely not easy on you.

But since the thread hadn't been touched in so long; thought maybe those of you who haven't played it might see the thread and try it out.

just replayed this and wow still alot of fun,loot 4,666 took 1 hour 57 min to complete,thank you ravenus1 for posting ,i replayed it due to the post

I love seeing a post on the forum that mentions a mission I haven't played in ages or something I've missed. I think this is the only mission JackInTheBox released? What a shame.

only downside to mission is i found 2 dewdrops in mission and was not able to pick any of them up one was facing down and the other facing up

i felt bad leaving them behind due to not being frobable

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678