TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Off To Lady Milhorn 19-06-2011

T2 FM Off To Lady Milhorn 19-06-2011

by JackInTheBox

(english and german)

Download

http://thiefmissions.com/m/OffToMilhornManor
    Last edited by epithumia; 29th Apr 2013 at 09:46. Reason: All download links were busted

Hey all, i hope u all enjoy the mission, its my first FM
    Its ment to be the first intro mission to a sequel, lets see when and if the other missions will come

Its Chapter one of "The Rise of the Elder Ones", called "Off to Milhorn Manor"...
    But dunno when the other missions will come or if they come at all...

NOTE!
    ITS NOT NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LimbZBufferFix OF LATEST TAFFER PATCHER VERSION!
    Last edited by jackinthebox; 19th Jun 2011 at 13:30.

Goody.... another FM... Downloading now....

Quote Originally Posted by jackinthebox View Post
    Hey all, i hope u all enjoy the mission, its my first FM
    Its ment to be the first intro mission to a sequel, lets see when and if the other missions will come

Its Chapter one of "The Rise of the Elde Ones", called "Off to Milhorn Manor"...
    Even better a part of a series.. Ohhh fantasic..

Congratulations on the release of your first FM!

A first fm is always very special, so congratulations. Well done! I look forward to playing.

Great!

Oh, no!!!

When will I go to bed today??
    Never?

You make my evening tomorrow!

This is awesome! Thanks for the mission downloading now!!

EDIT: I have been playing this for about 1 1/2 hours and it is amazing!! Jackinthebox this a great first mission!! Where have you been all this time????
    Congrats on this!!
    Thanks again
    pwl
    Last edited by pwl; 19th Jun 2011 at 17:55. Reason: Added thanks

DL now! I'm excited already

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Finished!

Two big thumbs up to jackinthebox!!

This was a very good mission!! even for a seasoned builder!!
    Keep up the great work.
    pwl

I can't remember another mission with such a challenging intro area! Is there another option besides facing guards or spiders head-on?
    Past that, there are a bunch of little parts to explore... what is the correct way into the manor? I took the sewers, but it looked like you could go over the hedge as well?

gotten stuck in architecture in a couple of places: directly to the left form Start, in the corner up on the ledge (which needed a more "woody" texture, i thought it as metal); and jumping from the operator's cage to the Milhorn Sector I got stuck when I landed on the tube
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 19th Jun 2011 at 22:05. Reason: bug report

I'm stuck near the end of the mission.... The vault.... Where's the sulfur? I have the dragon moss.

just completed mission on expert,very nice mission,found 4521 loot

sulfur is located in the alchemist house across the street from the manor,but you need something to get access to it

over i liked mission,i look forward to more in that series

Southquarter.com/fms
    Nice release, here's a mirror:

Off TO Lady Milhorn (Southquarter)

This is very, very cool so far - thank you and congratulations to JackInTheBox!

I'm looking for the second key; I found a safe in the fountain in teh NW corner of the mansion that I can't open, but also a book switch in the library that doesn't seem to do anything. Are they related?

and also, where do I enter the burrick caves?

Clearinghouse
    Gratulation zum Release!

to get to burricks find 1 of 3 sewer entrances

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I'm looking for the second key; I found a safe in the fountain in teh NW corner of the mansion that I can't open, but also a book switch in the library that doesn't seem to do anything
    This got me for a bit:
    The fountain safe only contains loot. The book switch opens a safe hidden behind a chair in the same room, you need to frob the chair to move it.

Good work! Though stars are often seen through brushes, but interesting mission anyway, and logical unlike Zontik's King's Story.

Wow. Huge mission, but right now I'm stuck in a way that while a solution is available, I'd rather not have to do it.

The problem is this, I've reached the burrick caves (with 3 burricks in it) but the only way to progress is to reach a passage high up. I cannot find anywhere to fasten a rope arrow.

The question is: Is there another way to get up there rather than to stack up all those crates that are found throughout the mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I cannot find anywhere to fasten a rope arrow.
    [/spoil]
    The rope arrow will stick above the passage way

I can't remember another mission with such a challenging intro area! Is there another option besides facing guards or spiders head-on?
    Past that, there are a bunch of little parts to explore... what is the correct way into the manor? I took the sewers, but it looked like you could go over the hedge as well?

snip...

I don't know about the right way, but I found the INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT way (and I mean god awful horribly difficult, if its intended to enter as I do you are EVIL for making this FM Jackinthebox!) to ghost past the 5 guards in the alley. Yes, I am not kidding, it can be done. I will admit, I got a ton of "Not sure" remarks, but no guards actually went on alert status.

Just before the lamp and facing the guards, if you look up you can see the bottom side of the left roof is wood. You can either use rope arrows to jump to the spot of Darkness just in front of the first 2 guards facing you, but amusingly it's just dark enough that you can run right over into the dark spot and be inches from the guards.

Once you are in the dark, shoot a moss arrow (not at full strength, you just want it to go up and over the guards)so it lands just in front of the blinking street lamp. Now, take your rope arrows and shoot one in the middle of each of the last 3 windows on the building so you can rope jump over the guards. Once on the last rope, time the final jump from about halfway down the rope so you land on the moss just as the light goes out, and quickly go behind the tree. If you jump from too high you take damage and alert the guards.

It took me like a million trys to pull off figuring it out, but I was hellbent on ghosting, and Ill not be dettered by a swarm of spiders or a guard regiment!

I have severe problems in the lava area, firstly the frame rate drops to an unplayable rate whenever I have the smoke effect on my screen.

Secondly I can't kill one of the fire elementals there. Water arrows hit it with no effect.

Is there something important there? If there is only loot may be I can skip the area.

Quote Originally Posted by cattamer View Post

Secondly I can't kill one of the fire elementals there. Water arrows hit it with no effect.
    This is a Deathstage12 bug. Happened while testing the mission, too. Try to avoid the fire elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Good work! Though stars are often seen through brushes.
    You have DDFix 1.5.10 or 11 ? Disable LimbZBufferFix in the ddfix-options.
    For some odd reason you can see the stars through bushes in case you have a weapon in your hand if that option is enabled.

I'm looking for the second key; I found a safe in the fountain in teh NW corner of the mansion that I can't open
    check that room more thoroughly

Quote Originally Posted by cattamer View Post
    I have severe problems in the lava area...
    Is there something important there? If there is only loot may be I can skip the area.
    Not good ! You need to make your way through that area.
    Water arrows SHOULD work.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 20th Jun 2011 at 15:17.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast