TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fanmission The day-worker - June 30 2011

I have to say sorry, because, the new version above has the problem, that the video in the english folder isn't english. A member changed the video for me with the other codec and forgot to change the english Vid too. I didn't checked this.

I call this a good start, I love it

EDIT

Look at my first thread, there is now the update version.

Basso
    Last edited by Basso71; 1st Jul 2011 at 01:43.

i need some help

i am in second part do i got the security key,but i am not sure if i go to bank now ,cause when i did i did not have code,i need to figure out how to get into sheriff office i think then go to the safety box for code? if so what did i miss?
    Last edited by downwinder; 30th Jun 2011 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Basso71 View Post
    A Keeper? I guess you mean Garretts home?! Well, I would say, I forget to set the rendertype to not rendered. Is the door glyph supposed to work at all, I don't know what you mean? The banner in Garretts apartment?
    Oh, ok I never realized that was Garrett's apartment though I did find it odd a Keeper was in residence so close to Garrett's home, but apparently that is not the case. Still doesn't expain the rat up there all by his lonesome on the balcony above near that window but it explains shy I couldn't steal the gold goblet in there. And yes, I was talking about the banner with the door glyph on it, it was frobbable but didn't seem to do anything.

I finally moved on to the second part of the map and immediately was able to get out of the map again (that time I did it for the laugh at your suggestion). Would you like me to record the places you can get out of the map for you so you can fix it should you decide to or wish?

Sorry I didn't get back to you faster, had to visit a chiropractor today for a few adjestments.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Wow ! Thanks fibanocci, Looks like I have the first three fms to play after this one. Cool !

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i need some help

i am in second part do i got the security key,but i am not sure if i go to bank now ,cause when i did i did not have code,i need to figure out how to get into sheriff office i think then go to the safety box for code? if so what did i miss?
    You don't need the security key for the bank, you need it in the Museum. In the security office is a safe, there is the code. You have to switch off the alarm.

Basso

And yes, I was talking about the banner with the door glyph on it, it was frobbable but didn't seem to do anything.

It seems to be frobbable but it isn't. It's just the light on the table.

I finally moved on to the second part of the map and immediately was able to get out of the map again (that time I did it for the laugh at your suggestion). Would you like me to record the places you can get out of the map for you so you can fix it should you decide to or wish?

Question, did you steal the painting? If you steal the painting, you take the same way to leave the museum, through the window above. When you stay on the rooftop, after a few seconds, you should teleport again, back to the old quarter.

Basso

Quote Originally Posted by Basso71 View Post
    And yes, I was talking about the banner with the door glyph on it, it was frobbable but didn't seem to do anything.

It seems to be frobbable but it isn't. It's just the light on the table.

Question, did you steal the painting? If you steal the painting, you take the same way to leave the museum, through the window above. When you stay on the rooftop, after a few seconds, you should teleport again, back to the old quarter.

Basso
    No I found another way out immediately after entering the doors that teleport you to the second part of the map, you can turn right, open the window and go through the nobleman's room. As soon as you exit the window, turn right again and mantle up onto the roofs again, which gives you access to anywhere you want to go, intended or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    No I found another way out immediately after entering the doors that teleport you to the second part of the map, you can turn right, open the window and go through the nobleman's room. As soon as you exit the window, turn right again and mantle up onto the roofs again, which gives you access to anywhere you want to go, intended or otherwise.
    Ooh, I have missunderstood you, It's late(in europe of course ) and I'm tired. You found another way to climb out of the map, well, what can I say.
    You can record the places, but I can't promise to fix it. But would be interesting!

i need to figure out how to get code,please help,i been through first and second map,i dropped in from roof ,but got no code,but i do got a security key,what do i do now?

first mission there were some doors i was not able to open,in second mission i need to find mayor,sheriff and the bank safety key,i got museum key and no code,what do i do now?

there were also some door in first part of mission i was not able to get into,do i have to restart and open everything in first part before going to second part of map,cause i been through second part 100% expect for museum,and i cant find the stuff listed above
    Last edited by downwinder; 1st Jul 2011 at 00:16.

Clearinghouse
    Congrats, Basso! Downloading.

Thanks! It cool! Downloading too.

i need to figure out how to get code,please help,i been through first and second map,i dropped in from roof ,but got no code,but i do got a security key,what do i do now?

first mission there were some doors i was not able to open,in second mission i need to find mayor,sheriff and the bank safety key,i got museum key and no code,what do i do now?

there were also some door in first part of mission i was not able to get into,do i have to restart and open everything in first part before going to second part of map,cause i been through second part 100% expect for museum,and i cant find the stuff listed above
    Hint: Read the letter in your inventory to know where to find the code

Keep going with the mission to answer the rest.

I just finished the mission found all the secrets and missed about 200 loot. I see now after finishing the "legit" way of getting to some of the areas I got into the wrong way. I liked the story overall, and I liked the constant twists and turns in the plot.

I think however, I would have preferred one large map and not two pieces. This was made particularly clear to me after the first time I exited the museum I wasn't teleported and had to re-rob it, and again after planting the evidence in the Mayor's office and I got teleported ON TOP of a guard. That was just bad luck!

I think for a first work it was well done though, it had an interesting plot, and some of the scripts used were neat as well. I wish though you had fleshed out a few more buildings instead of just making them inaccessable. I wanted to do a lot more exploring but there weren't many places to go, and you were herded along the entire time so there really wasn't anywhere left unseen that you could access. I think there was a lot of missed potential in that.

I look forward to another FM from you, because I certainly enjoyed this one.

Hello, Ok did you read the info in your inventory from Magnius? First, there are some doors you can't open at the beginning. When you in the new quarter, you have to find the key for the museum safe. In this safe is the code to switch off the alarm.
    If you going into the museum without the key, you become problems. Opposite the Police station(new quarter),
    is the apartment of the security chief, there you will find this key.

Hello, it seems some people have problems with the fact, that there is no straight way to go to the new quarter. Let me explain, first I still like this idea, it's like in a movie where the actor step into a elevator, the doors close(from outside), you see just the display with the floor numbers and than again the doors which open.

The real reason was the polycount, that's way there is no connection between the quarters.

Btw, this is my fourth mission(and my last)

basso aka Darkshadow

it was a good mission,i was first playing it wrong and not doing exactly what it said,very nice linear mission,only got 2/3 secrets i figure last one was somehow getting into the jewelery store?

it was a good mission,i was first playing it wrong and not doing exactly what it said,very nice linear mission,only got 2/3 secrets i figure last one was somehow getting into the jewelery store?
    Thanks, yeah, it's the key you have to find for the store.

Stunning
    Nice mission, well done. I got a bit frustrated at some of the locked doors and some areas that I couldn't reach but as the story progressed that solved itself. Nice touch on the alarm as well, I don't think I've seen a timed alarm in a FM before.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    The game won't start, it crashes to desktop.

Do you mean README.TXT? I can't see any info.txt.

If so, the links about Ffdshow don't help. As far as I know, Im not using it. So what am I supposed to do now?

Me too.
    I have ffdshow already.
    I wish people wouldn't put movies in, they are always rubbish and they cause so many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    Me too.
    I have ffdshow already.
    I wish people wouldn't put movies in, they are always rubbish and they cause so many problems.
    Hi, if you using ffdshow, go to the video codec configuration, ther must be a kind of
    ignore list. Thief2.exe must be set on this list. As I said, I didn't use this tool, a betatester
    gave me this info. I'm using the DivX Mpeg4 Codec for the vids.

If this doesn't work, delete the videos cs21 and b21, rename the videos or download the
    update version in my first thread.

Basso

I really enjoyesd your mission basso. It reminds me alot of Morrgan's All for a night sleep. And the port looks like Hamburg. well done!!!

Seems I may be doing something wrong? In the 2nd part, I shot rope arrows onto a scaffold and climbed onto the roof of a large white building; jumping across to access an opening in the roof. I dropped down to a large hallway with double doors on either side and a stairway at the far end. Once I open either door...one to the elevator, I get a failed mission. Huh???

P.S. Never mind; it pays to read your notes...and count the seconds.
    Last edited by Dawggon; 1st Jul 2011 at 14:32.

Ok, one more question that I forgot to ask, why are the navigation globe and talismans in the pawn shop frobbable (though they do not highlight) and spin around like they are possessed? I couldn't figure this one out at all if it was another secret, but I found all 3 secrets?

In Part 2, as in Part 1, there is a room on the top floor of the warehouse I cannot open. I think I need to access this room to meet the objective about meeting Magnius there. Garrett gives a clue about the possibility of a window opening from outside, but I can't access any of them. There is a platform overhanging the water at one side of the building, but after numerous attempts I cannot get a rope arrow to deploy from there down into the water where it can be reached. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    In Part 2, as in Part 1, there is a room on the top floor of the warehouse I cannot open. I think I need to access this room to meet the objective about meeting Magnius there. Garrett gives a clue about the possibility of a window opening from outside, but I can't access any of them. There is a platform overhanging the water at one side of the building, but after numerous attempts I cannot get a rope arrow to deploy from there down into the water where it can be reached. What am I doing wrong?
    Are you trying to get in from the street? If so: Maybe you should the scenic route.

Bigger hint: The lift is made to unload boat cargo. If only you had a boat...

Spoiler: Head back to the bar by the river near your Home and take the boat. You may or may not need to find the wheel peg.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    I really enjoyesd your mission basso. It reminds me alot of Morrgan's All for a night sleep. And the port looks like Hamburg. well done!!!
    "All for a night sleep", that's a nice compliment, hope it's not only because these clotheslines.
    Well, I remember me, at the beginning, I had a photo, a really nice one of the, I think it was
    the Speicherstadt.

Basso71

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast