TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fanmission The day-worker - June 30 2011

Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    Im stuck on this side of the map, I can lean through the window of the mayors office but then get stuck. In fact should have been ablve to get to that side of the map the way i did (right, over the roof of the nobleman's apartment)

And to add to that I'm finding lot of bugs that should have been caught by the beta testers. But still a very pretty mission by all accounts.
    Hi, you can lean through or out a window in the office? In the office isn't an object window, only a texture window. When you come to the new quarter the second time, you can take the way to the office over the roof of the nobleman, some take the way down, over the street.

Or do you talk about the window at the end of the corridor? This window is close, later then it's open. When it's open now, you have to find Duncan and you're on the right way, look on the map.

What kind of bugs you found, can you tell me please? Maybe you send me a pm ok?!

Basso

Hi there. It seems I can't go back to the New Quarter after "meeting" Magnius. The big gate is not frobable anymore. Perhaps I shouldn't have knock the gate guard out? Is there another way in?

After seeing Magnius's been murdered, how do we go back to the new quarter ?

Finished

This is a great mission for a first one , nice city you have built, with good new textures, cool gameplay

Viele danke Basso, diese mission is sehr gut

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Basso71 View Post
    Hi, you can lean through or out a window in the office? In the offic isn't What kind of bugs you found, can you tell me please? Maybe you send me a pm.
    Will do..

Quote Originally Posted by Paweuek View Post
    Hi there. It seems I can't go back to the New Quarter after "meeting" Magnius. The big gate is not frobable anymore. Perhaps I shouldn't have knock the gate guard out? Is there another way in?
    Knock out the guard is not the problem, did you grab his key on the belt? The gate, is it just locked, can you hear the locked sound or not?

Basso
    Last edited by Basso71; 3rd Jul 2011 at 11:23.

For a first mission, it's detailed, well-made and enjoyable for the duration. You should be proud.

However, it has two design problems which leave a little to be desired.

# No extras. Except for the immediate area surrounding Garrett's home, there is next to no "extra" content in the FM. Every area that's visitable comes into play later on and is part of the main objectives.

# Too linear. There is really only one way to do things, and they should be done in a certain order. The few cases where you can "break" the chain only results in you having to re-visit the location again later to solve the objectives attached to the location.

These two problems send a strong signal to the player that it's not worth trying to explore the map(s), as there is nothing to discover. "Follow the yellow line, do not deviate." This is a concept borrowed from modern game design ("corridor shooter") and does not belong in a Thief game. (Yet it is 95% likely to be present in Thief 4. Yes, I know Thief 4 will not be a shooter. I hope.)

Beyond that you've pretty much got things covered. I liked how you set up the disabling of the museum alarms, and while the rest of the FM is nothing groundbreaking, it is done solidly and professionally. It's fun, and a damn good job for a first FM.

Quote Originally Posted by darksmelo View Post
    After seeing Magnius's been murdered, how do we go back to the new quarter ?
    Did you find the key for the frontdoor(the orange door)? If not, take a look on the side of
    the table.
    Go back again through the big double doors, you meet a guard now, look
    on his belt after hes starts his patrol.

Hope I could help you

Knock out the guard is not the problem, did you grab his key on the belt? The gate, is it just locked, can you hear the locked sound or not?

Basso
    Where do we use his key ? I have it but there's nowhere to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by darksmelo View Post
    Where do we use his key ? I have it but there's nowhere to use it.
    You should be able to use that guard's key on the gates that lead to part 2 of the map.

The same problem here: got the key but gate is not frobable. And the guard was knocked before he started his patrol...

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    For a first mission, it's detailed, well-made and enjoyable for the duration. You should be proud.
    Thanks but it's not my first mission. But I'm proud nevertheless, it's my story, I'm worked more than 8 months on it and the baby lives, ok it still ails a bit.-)

No extras. Except for the immediate area surrounding Garrett's home, there is next to no "extra" content in the FM. Every area that's visitable comes into play later on and is part of the main objectives.
    Yeah maybe you're right, but I think there is enough to do after stealing the painting, that was my thought.

Basso

Quote Originally Posted by Paweuek View Post
    The same problem here: got the key but gate is not frobable. And the guard was knocked before he started his patrol...
    Damned, I don't know why this happen, it should be locked and not frobbable at the end. Have you a savegame?

Basso

BTW. To all, it's important to use a newer version of the tnhS.osm!

Basso71 this was a very good mission!! It gave me the feel of T3 with the transporting to new parts of the map. Great job and Thank you for your efforts!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Basso71 this was a very good mission!! It gave me the feel of T3 with the transporting to new parts of the map. Great job and Thank you for your efforts!!
    You're welcome and I'm glad that you had no problems.

Thanks, Basso71! Nice mission with interesting plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Thanks, Basso71! Nice mission with interesting plot.
    Thank you!

Clearinghouse
    I can't find the wheel peg.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I can't find the wheel peg.
    The ferryman has a hut nearby; it's opened if you came back from the new quarter

Clearinghouse
    Thanks! Missed it.

Does anyone know what I need to do on the "Junk Shop" frobbable chair?

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    Does anyone know what I need to do on the "Junk Shop" frobbable chair?
    Hallo, the information for this comes later. Where are you right now? I mean, what do you have done, what's your next goal(s)?

Basso

Hallo, the information for this comes later. Where are you right now? I mean, what do you have done, what's your next goal(s)?
    Basso
    I have the security key and 2000 loot. I need to steal the painting...get back to the first part of the mission to get the wheel peg. I also need inside the Sheriff's Office.

dbrilliant, just keep playing. You'll get in there eventually when the time is right.

I just finished the mission and it gave me a very entertaining couple of hours! I really liked all the thieves' highway work and inventive ways to get in and out of place. I'm on secret short so I'll have to go take another look around tomorrow.

Thanks very much for a terrific mission!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast