TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 Fanmission The day-worker - June 30 2011

I thought your mission was great fun. I liked that even though the first part is more linear than the second part it never seems all that linear. The first half feels like a classic street level thief 2 city mission and then it opens up into a Life Of The Party-esque rooftop adventure and I really enjoyed that.

The mission looks great and I think the architecture of your city had alot of charm to it. In missions like this gameplay is king and you seemed to have nailed it. Well done! Hope to see more missions (especially city missions which you seem to do well!) from you in the future.

DromEd Archmage
    It is right, your mission look good. Right, this is like life of party. Right, it was hard to build that, but:

There are to much problems, if the begining was great, the next was disappointed. We can't read your movie first if we have XP with windows media and nothing else and thief won't read it.

Your mission is hintless for a foreigner like me. I'm sure everythings is on tthe movie, but i can't read it, so I should guess by myself about putting the painting in the shop. And, and i'm not alone with this trouble. When we have finished all objectives in a area, sometime, we can't leave your area. I have put the painting in the shop, but I can't leave. I am with the old quarter's map, but I am in the new quarter. I explore ALL the area, and it is impossible to comeback at home! And I find nothing. I'am not alone to have this trouble. So, have I forgotten something, or it is a stupid bug? I think, your mission need an update or a little file with hints for people who are stuck.

Do something please, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    ...but:
    There are to much problems: We can't read your movie first if we have XP with windows media and nothing else and thief won't read it.
    Yeah, right, but I said sorry for that and I fixed that as fast as I could! I never thought, that so many people have problems with it. Also, my approach was to keep the zip.file small.
    Your mission is hintless for a foreigner like me.
    I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean? All readables are in english too. Plaques for example without a translation need none. So I'm not really know what you talking about.

I'm sure everythings is on tthe movie, but i can't read it, so I should guess by myself about putting the painting in the shop.
    No, it's just an intro, not a whole movie! To putting the painting in the shop, well, this information comes after you opened the lockbox in the bank(evidence).

When we have finished all objectives in a area, sometime, we can't leave your area. I have put the painting in the shop, but I can't leave.
    The painting goal is an optional goal, it's not necessary for leave the area. At this point, what did you do before, have you found Duncan, have you found the evidence? If not, you can't go back! I know that some people had trouble with the big double doors, I know that there is something wrong, I don't know what it is but I'm working on it.

I am with the old quarter's map, but I am in the new quarter.
    You can't switch the map between old and new, right. But you get allways, except the last map, a hint when it's updated. For example, when you find Magnius, you can see, where you have to find Duncan in the new quarter.

Btw, there is a letter from Magnius in your inventory, I guess the most didn't read this. There will be a hint for this at the beginning in the update. Also, I used the TrapTimedRelay Script often, so it's important to place a fresh tnhs.osm in your t2 folder.

@Nightwalker and Sneaky Jack
    Thanks

I need back to the old quarter (the start of the mission) to get the wooden peg for the boat. And back to meet Maginus... I allso need in the Mayor's office and need the way into the Museum for the painting since I probably need it before returning back to the old quarter.. Any ideas?

Thanks Basso71 & Nightwalker, but I'm running around in circles.. I'm dizzy...

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    I need back to the old quarter (the start of the mission) to get the wooden peg for the boat. And back to meet Maginus... I allso need in the Mayor's office and need the way into the Museum for the painting since I probably need it before returning back to the old quarter.. Any ideas?
    Thanks Basso71 & Nightwalker, but I'm running around in circles.. I'm dizzy...
    Hallo dbrillant, you said in your thread before, you have the key from the security guy, don't you?
    Yeah, you need the painting, otherwise you can't go back. So, all you have to do in the moment is stealing the painting. Take a look on the map, the museum is the big white house()
    There are two ways to the museum, one is over the rooftops. When you on the balcony of the
    security chief, take the way over the iron beam(with the light), then right, left, left and over the wall(you must jump).
    The second way is down the street. Also in this area, do you remember were a guard do his patrol?! Go through the tunnel, when you see the white building, search for a pipe on the left side.

Hope I could help you
    Basso

Quote Originally Posted by Basso71 View Post
    Hallo dbrillant, you said in your thread before, you have the key from the security guy, don't you?
    Yeah, you need the painting, otherwise you can't go back. So, all you have to do in the moment is stealing the painting. Take a look on the map, the museum is the big white house()
    There are two ways to the museum, one is over the rooftops. When you on the balcony of the
    security chief, take the way over the iron beam(with the light), then right, left, left and over the wall(you must jump).
    The second way is down the street. Also in this area, do you remember were a guard do his patrol?! Go through the tunnel, when you see the white building, search for a pipe on the left side.

Hope I could help you
    Basso
    You did... I'm in the museum... It's aim keeping me from getting on the roof...... Now that I'm inside..The 40 seconds are too short.. I have to deactiviate the first alarm.. Mission ended 10 times...

You did... I'm in the museum... It's aim keeping me from getting on the roof...... Now that I'm inside..The 40 seconds are too short.. I have to deactiviate the first alarm.. Mission ended 10 times...
    Woops... Nevermind... I got the saferoom safe to highlight with the key.. Thanks..

... Now that I'm inside..The 40 seconds are too short.. I have to deactiviate the first alarm.. Mission ended 10 times...
    40 seconds is not much, but long enough, believe me. Do not care about the guards, use a ropearrow or better, take the slowfallpotion to come down. Run to the second door on that floor(wood door). Both of the lockpicks work, so it doesn't matter which one you choose! It's important to deactivate the museum alarm first(the four digit code). If you still have problems,
    try to notice the nummers. Reload again and enter the code, and forget the safe.

I just can say, there was only one player who had also problems with the 40 seconds but...
    he made the mistake to try knock out the guards. I think nobody has done it the first time,
    some need two, others 4 and the next needs 10 trials. So, don't give up

ps.for a small contribution we will send you the code, tax free of course.

Basso

Woops... Nevermind... I got the saferoom safe to highlight with the key.. Thanks..
    You got it??? Damned, I'm not fast enough with my english..

I really enjoyed this mission, it's a shame to hear it will be your last. The city design is great, the second part feels more unlinear than it is. I especially liked all the little innovative touches that I've never seen in a FM before. Great work!

Thanks PotatoGuy, glad to hear it.

Basso

Funny Nickname btw.

I'm in Magnius's warehouse and the objective is not ticking off unless I have to be upstairs in his office which I cannot get to even from the fixed box and firing rope arrows at the platform... Any ideas..

BTW: Great work on this Basso71 and especially to your elite beta testing team.

I'm in Magnius's warehouse and the objective is not ticking off unless I have to be upstairs in his office which I cannot get to even from the fixed box and firing rope arrows at the platform... Any ideas..

BTW: Great work on this Basso71 and especially to your elite beta testing team.
    EDIT: After a complete restart.... I got it to mention the elevator buttons which wouldn't work the first couple times... It worked and I'm off to find Duncan...

I'm in Magnius's warehouse and the objective is not ticking off unless I have to be upstairs in his office...
    Hi, you were on the boat?! Climb again on the boat, don't use ropearrows, I know it looks like wood but it's a lift. So, use broadheads to hit the buttons on the wall(Irondoors). It's helpful to lean by side and shoot. When the lift come down, enter it, than shoot an arrow to the Up button.
    When it stops, you have to climb the rest(use the crate).

Basso

Quote Originally Posted by Basso71 View Post
    Hi, you were on the boat?! Climb again on the boat, don't use ropearrows, I know it looks like wood but it's a lift. So, use broadheads to hit the buttons on the wall(Irondoors). It's helpful to lean by side and shoot. When the lift come down, enter it, than shoot an arrow to the Up button.
    When it stops, you have to climb the rest(use the crate).

Basso
    Thanks Basso... I've found Duncan and am at the Bank with two ways in the the basement (locker) entrance. I've got to find out how to open that locker or is there a another "Thieve's highway" option to gain entry into the bank?

Thanks Basso... I've found Duncan and am at the Bank with two ways in the the basement (locker) entrance. I've got to find out how to open that locker or is there a another "Thieve's highway" option to gain entry into the bank?
    Nevermind... After searching a short while I found the secret switch and finished the mission... Great mission Basso71.

Nevermind... After searching a short while I found the secret switch and finished the mission... Great mission Basso71.
    Ok, fine

I will have to abandon this mission I think. There is no way I can frob the scroll in the safe in the bank to get the alarm code. Maybe someone could just give me the code and I can move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    I will have to abandon this mission I think. There is no way I can frob the scroll in the safe in the bank to get the alarm code. Maybe someone could just give me the code and I can move on?
    When you frob the scroll the code appears at the top of the screen in place of the count down. It does not go to a separate page screen. This confused me the first time as I did not notice right away and thus failed on time.

I did some high climbing in the first map. I thought a few screens might be in order.

Even higher...It was tough. I needed a strafe run/jump/mantle off a steep roof but I nailed it on my third try.

Last edited by SlyFoxx; 9th Jul 2011 at 14:22.

Where did you start climbing? Near the elevator, by the gate, I suppose

Thanks Slyfoxx. Never noticed that!

Could someone please add the release date to the thread title?

OK, I am having difficulties. Previously I could not highlight or frob the scroll in the safe. When I restarted the game, I could and proceeded. Now I have lowered the lift from the boat but cannot jump onto it. Also I cannot fire an arrow. It is like the boat is under water if you see what I mean. Restarting /rebooting the PC does not help this time. Is anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    OK, I am having difficulties. Previously I could not highlight or frob the scroll in the safe. When I restarted the game, I could and proceeded. Now I have lowered the lift from the boat but cannot jump onto it. Also I cannot fire an arrow. It is like the boat is under water if you see what I mean. Restarting /rebooting the PC does not help this time. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Hallo Imhotep, you should see the code on the screen when you frob the scroll. Maybe you didn't realize it because the countdown was at ten? The boat, well, did you jump into the water before you used the boat? Tannar told me about this, sometimes it happen when you do this. When you try to climb up from the water to the boat again. You can't jump and if you walk, it's sounds like water.

I've tried to fix that problem, I changed the high of the dimension, but this doesn't work.
    Did you try to jump in the water again and then climb back?

Basso

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast