TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 Fanmission The day-worker - June 30 2011

Love this mission, but stuck!

I am enjoying your latest mission, and sorry to hear it will be your last. Are you moving to the Dark Side (Dark Mod)? Or just tired of Dromeding?

You are very clever at creating a good, gritty atmosphere. The dark, windy, twisted way you made your city is enchanting - but what a tease! There are so many places I would like to explore, but they are not accessible even with all these lovely rope arrows.

The movies don't play for me, so I hope they're not critical.

Here is where I'm stuck in the mission. I got the painting and met the loot requirement, found my partner in crime in his warehouse, got the key and left through the door. Knocked out the guard at the portal, stole his key and went back to the New Quarter. Isn't the first apartment that I pass through with the guy staring at the bookcase Duncan's? That's how it looks on the map. There isn't anything there that leads me to the next step. No objectives tick off when I confront him. What am I missing? Is Duncan somewhere else? Or should I keep looking for something in that apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Here is where I'm stuck in the mission...[/SPOIL]
    This for sure is not the right place, because Duncan does not feel well today.
    A hint from my memory how to find him:
    When standing on the roof leading to the Major, check the windows on some lower buildings near by and find your entry.

I am enjoying your latest mission, and sorry to hear it will be your last. Are you moving to the Dark Side (Dark Mod)? Or just tired of Dromeding?
    No, not to the Dark Side, because I couldn't. My Pc is to old for the Doom 3 System requirements. A little bit tired sure but especially I need a time-out from Thief. I have some games here that I have not played so far. some lie here for now 4 years and longer.

You are very clever at creating a good, gritty atmosphere. The dark, windy, twisted way you made your city is enchanting - but what a tease! There are so many places I would like to explore, but they are not accessible even with all these lovely rope arrows
    Thank you! About the places you would like to explore, well especially in the old quarter it has to do with the polycount!

The movies don't play for me, so I hope they're not critical.
    How big is your Zipfile? Maybe you download the first release which was just 30Mb. The videos had the wrong Codec.

Here is where I'm stuck in the mission. ...and went back to the New Quarter. Isn't the first apartment that I pass through with the guy staring at the bookcase Duncan's? That's how it looks on the map. There isn't anything there that leads me to the next step. No objectives tick off when I confront him. What am I missing? Is Duncan somewhere else? Or should I keep looking for something in that apartment?
    When you're on the rooftop again in the new quarter it's possible to choose two ways.
    Go through the window to the right into the apartment with the guy who staring at the bookcase. Than to the next window, jump to the other rooftop where the irondoor and a torch is. The second way is to the left, climb down the wood frame, on the street you'll see that the iron gate is now open.

Cheers
    Basso

I finished with 2 out of 3 secrets, does anyone have any pointers where I should be looking for these

Here is where I'm stuck in the mission. I got the painting and met the loot requirement, found my partner in crime in his warehouse, got the key and left through the door. Knocked out the guard at the portal, stole his key and went back to the New Quarter. Isn't the first apartment that I pass through with the guy staring at the bookcase Duncan's? That's how it looks on the map. There isn't anything there that leads me to the next step. No objectives tick off when I confront him. What am I missing? Is Duncan somewhere else? Or should I keep looking for something in that apartment?
    I had problems with this one too. Best way to find him is to look for a single wooden beam over an alleyway. Rope up to it and look for a window you can enter. He's in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I finished with 2 out of 3 secrets, does anyone have any pointers where I should be looking for these
    Hallo Esme, I will tell you where the secrets are:

1.Secret is the painting in the apartment of the jeweler.

2.Secret is in Magnius apartment, the cabinet.

3.Secret is the bed in Duncans house.

Basso

Hi Basso - Glad to hear you are only taking a break and may be back! (They always come back ... heh heh heh)

I was in the wrong place, and finally found Duncan, thank you. Just previous to that I made sure all my scripts were updated and suddenly the movies played! So I decided to restart for the full effect of the mission.

This must be one of those missions where everything has to be done in a certain order or the mission breaks. I was getting into areas where I guess I wasn't supposed to be yet, and accomplishing objectives that were not intended to be finished until later(???). For example, as I explored the New Quarter, I found a place that took me to a bunch of lockers, and I opened them all - one needed a key. Later, a new objective appeared about getting stuff from a locker. Now that objective won't tick off.

My earliest save brought me back to the big gate's bridge, only the gate has disappeared, distant art is exposed, and there's no way to get back into the New Quarter to finish the objectives.

So I guess I have to start again?

I still like it, though
    Last edited by redleaf; 16th Jul 2011 at 10:54. Reason: fixed mis-spelled word

This must be one of those missions where everything has to be done in a certain order or the mission breaks. I was getting into areas where I guess I wasn't supposed to be yet, and accomplishing objectives that were not intended to be finished until later(???).
    I'm working on an update, there are still places where you can climb out. So when people find this ways, things happen like this.

For example, as I explored the New Quarter, I found a place that took me to a bunch of lockers, and I opened them all - one needed a key. Later, a new objective appeared about getting stuff from a locker. Now that objective won't tick off.
    You opened the doors without a key? With the lockpicks or with the blackjack?
    Could you please send me a pm where this place is you talk about!
    My earliest save brought me back to the big gate's bridge, only the gate has disappeared, distant art is exposed, and there's no way to get back into the New Quarter to finish the objectives.
    That's the biggest problem I try to fix, some poeple had/have this problem too. I suppose it has to do with a switch. Maybe this switch has to many links.

I guess I have to start again?
    I'm affraid yes, sorry. The Guards in this area, the docks, are they still walk around or did you knocked them out. If not try this, than go back to the gate, maybe it's open now.

Basso
    Last edited by Basso71; 16th Jul 2011 at 16:50.

thank you basso I missed the second secret ... for shame tsk I really should pay more attention

that let me finish with all the loot and all the secrets

beautiful mission, I loved the thieves highway sections thank you for this

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    thank you basso I missed the second secret ... for shame tsk I really should pay more attention

that let me finish with all the loot and all the secrets

beautiful mission, I loved the thieves highway sections thank you for this
    You're welcome!

Basso

Help me

Ok i found the dead guy and now i have to get i key and go to the bank. I found the secret bed with a key shaped thing but all i get is a view of a man entering a room.

I dont get it. Whats the connection between the key "view" and the key I have to find? And where is the key?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by rekul View Post

Ok i found the dead guy and now i have to get i key and go to the bank. I found the secret bed with a key shaped thing but all i get is a view of a man entering a room.

I dont get it. Whats the connection between the key "view" and the key I have to find? And where is the key?!?!?!

Hallo rekul, probably you saw this area the first time? However, it's the police station, on the first floor there is the sheriffs office. This door was locked before.

Basso

How do I get back to Old Quarter?...

Hi, I've stolen the painting & exited the museum. I've searched New Quarter but I can't find a way back to Old Quarter to meet Magnius. Any hints would be welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Black Columbine View Post
    Hi, I've stolen the painting & exited the museum. I've searched New Quarter but I can't find a way back to Old Quarter to meet Magnius. Any hints would be welcome
    Hallo Black Columbine, that's strange I guess it has to do with the script. In the zipfile is
    the tnhS.osm by Telliamed. Maybe you have the update osm from 2009, tnhScript.osm? I used a TrapTimedRelay Script there, it doesn't work without the osm.

If so, try to rename it to tnhS.osm. Otherwise try to go back into the museum and then climb out again.

Basso

Sorry that I interfere, but TrapTimedRelay is a regular, updated GEN script. Check your gen.osm version, it must be the patched 1.18 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Sorry that I interfere, but TrapTimedRelay is a regular, updated GEN script. Check your gen.osm version, it must be the patched 1.18 version.
    Sensut, you're right. Someone said to me, TrapTimedRelay doesn't work when there is no thnS.osm.
    My Zipfile includes a gen.osm, maybe I should give it my own name.

Basso

Instant crash to Desktop for me when the mission starts.

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    Instant crash to Desktop for me when the mission starts.
    Hallo malau, maybe you have the first release of the mission? Take a look in the movies folder,
    B21 and CS21 are the videos. It must be the Indeo Video Codec.

When the codec is correct but you have this crash, rename the videos or delete them.

Basso

Quote Originally Posted by Basso71 View Post
    Sensut, you're right. Someone said to me, TrapTimedRelay doesn't work when there is no thnS.osm.
    My Zipfile includes a gen.osm, maybe I should give it my own name.

Basso
    I had this problem too with your FM, and the replaced gen solved it . I use Darkloader and I know this rare problem of it. Is better to use a renamed gen as well.

OH, I like you FM

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    I had this problem too with your FM, and the replaced gen solved it . I use Darkloader and I know this rare problem of it. Is better to use a renamed gen as well.

OH, I like you FM
    Thanks, I have now rename the gen.osm to ds(darkshadow)gen.osm. The update version will contain this one. I was wrong when I said someone told me it has to do with the tnhs.osm, he talked about the gen.osm.

Basso

I have this problem: what should I do now? rename gen.osm?

Thanks, I have now rename the gen.osm to ds(darkshadow)gen.osm. The update version will contain this one. I was wrong when I said someone told me it has to do with the tnhs.osm, he talked about the gen.osm.

Basso

Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    I have this problem: what should I do now? rename gen.osm?
    No no, the future update version will have this dsgen.osm. Look in your T2 folder, search the
    gen.osm and replace it(maybe there are two). Take the one from the zipfile again.

Maybe you can try this:
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/darkloa...iefScripts.zip

Basso

Thanks

Basso71 & Sensut,

Thanks for your help. I will replace gen.osm file & see what happens
    This is an excellent mission & i would really like to finish it

stuck in new quarter

I am playing on Hard, have not gotten into the museum.

I found the bank, with lockers, one I need a key for.

I found the apartment near the mayor office, no key for the office. I am not sure where to go from here to get the code and get into the museum..

Can I get a hint. Some of the threads I read were a bit confusing for me.

-nevermind, thank you......figured it out, things can be easily missed when up above your head.
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 25th Jul 2011 at 00:23.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Thank you Basso! I tried to replace gen.osm and it worked Now I am back to Garrett's home, but I cannot find his friend at the warehouse...

No no, the future update version will have this dsgen.osm. Look in your T2 folder, search the
    gen.osm and replace it(maybe there are two). Take the one from the zipfile again.

Maybe you can try this:
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/darkloa...iefScripts.zip

Basso

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast