TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 Fanmission The day-worker - June 30 2011

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    In the New Quarter my progress forward is stopped by a closed drawbridge.
    Who the hell put a drawbrige in my FM? Allright malau, you're still searching Duncan right?!
    So there a two ways to reach his apartment. First one is from the street, when you stay on the rooftop in the new quarter(after teleport) you can climbing down(ropearrow) on the woodconstruction to the left. The iron gate should now open.

Ok, go through that gate, now you need a ropearrow again, use it on the woodbeam, if you turn around you should see a window with 2 shutters.
    The other way to Duncan is, on the same rooftop but now, you go through the window on the right. You will meet a nobleman there, go through the next window, then to the rooftop to the left. Look on my screen, you choose the iron door and go to a big window.

The police station(you have to go there later after you found Duncan) is on the way to the museum, this all is in the new quarter!

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2424/newquarter1.jpg
    http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/264/waytoduncan.jpg

Basso

Thanks for your continuing help.

Here is the drawbridge in the New Quarter that blocks any further progress...

I haven't had a teleport event ??

I am on 'Hard level', the objectives so far are:

- Get 500g from Museum (not completed)
    - Go back to your apartment, Magnius is waiting (not complete)
    - Loot 1600g (completed)
    - Magnius was murdered, go and meet Duncan (not complete)

I was thinking that Objective 2 should maybe have a red circle through it because it is impossible to complete - as he is dead ?

Either I have missed the teleport event somewhere, or have busted the scripting sequence somewhere along the way ?

I went back and started again on Hard level, but it didn't help, same problem.

I looked at it in Dromed, and I can see the enormous half of the map beyond the 'drawbridge' that is seemingly not physically connected to New Quarter.

So I guess this teleport event is the key, wherever that is ?

I decided to use fly mode and flew through the null space dead zone into the New Quarter.
    I wish I had been able to find the original teleport mechanism though.

Abit gutted that the optional quest regarding the painting cannot be completed if you complete the Mayor Quest first - because it teleports you back to the old quarter again - unless the jewelry shop, or cheese shop is the junk shop ?

I couldn't complete it because the earlier objectives listed before were still unchecked.
    The gate to the Red House was still closed, and even flying over to it didn't trigger the end.

malau - thats not a drawbridge, that's a door, just go up to it and frob it to get to the new quarter

after you get teleported back you'll need a key to open the door the second time

it's fairly easy to find though

I'm a bit confused, you said you try to find Duncan. That means, you found Magnius, if you found Magnius, you were in the Museum. That means, you were in the new quarter and you used the
    "drawbridge"(the big double doors).

To find Duncan you go back to the new quarter, again through that big doors but now it's closed.
    You said, you knocked all the ai's out?! There was a guard, patrouling by this Doors, he has a key.

Malau, which version you play, is it the 1.2 Update?

Basso

Quote Originally Posted by Basso71 View Post
    Hallo Maika, on the roof is just one window, it's closed and you have to open it with the lockpicks.
    Isn'it frobbable? Are you really on the right rooftop? Which version you play?

basso
    Hi Basso well I just restarted the whole game and was able to gain entry ... I think my mistake was that the first time I played I went totally out of order for example I went to the bank and found the evidence before I even went to the museum ... ???? anyway was able to play and again thoroughly enjoyed the mission kudos

Quote Originally Posted by maika View Post
    Hi Basso ... I think my mistake was that the first time I played I went totally out of order for example I went to the bank and found the evidence before I even went to the museum ... ????
    No, that's not your mistake, normaly it's not a problem when you first go to the bank. The problem is, that you should not find this evidence before. They will teleport later and I still don't understand it because you need a key to open that locker. So tell me, how did you get the key?

Another member told me about this too. It's difficult to fix this when it doesn't happen when I play the mission or the betatesters.

Sorry for the trouble you had
    Last edited by Basso71; 25th Aug 2011 at 18:05.

I'm a bit confused, you said you try to find Duncan. That means, you found Magnius, if you found Magnius, you were in the Museum. That means, you were in the new quarter and you used the
    "drawbridge"(the big double doors).

To find Duncan you go back to the new quarter, again through that big doors but now it's closed.
    You said, you knocked all the ai's out?! There was a guard, patrouling by this Doors, he has a key.

Malau, which version you play, is it the 1.2 Update?

Basso

Hi Basso, sorry for the delay, I am in China so there's probably quite a time difference between us.(I copied the German section at the top of the RTF)

My version is as follows:-

Der Tagelöhner V.1.2

August 2011
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Missionstitel: Der Tagelöhner
    File name: Der_Tageloehner.zip
    Author: DarkShadow
    Kontakt: iceman67@web.de
    Homepage: ----
    First release: 30/06/2011

Update Version 1.2 02.08.2011
    Update Version(Video Codec Fix) 01.07.2011

Yes, I found (who I assumed to be) Magnius, he is in the warehouse (the one with the elevator hanging outside) and he has a knife in his back. I click on him and Garret says "NO" and there's a readable in front of him that tells you to go and meet Duncan. None of this executes a teleport trap (for me).

I have only got into the separate part of the level by cheating and using fly mode to fly through the walls. The 'drawbridge' has never been down while I have played, always up.

Hi Basso, sorry for the delay, I am in China so there's probably quite a time difference between us.(I copied the German section at the top of the RTF)
    No problem, I know we have this time difference.-)

Ok, well my english isn't the best and sometimes I have to ask again. So you thing something should happen after you found Magnius, like a teleport? No, after you read the letter(scroll) on the table you see an info on the screen. Leave the Warehouse and go to the big double doors, where you were teleport the first time.

You should see a guard now, wait in the shadow until he starts his patrol, than grab the key on his belt. Use this key to open the big doors, now you should teleport again to the new quarter.

Btw, you can leave the house through the window or you choose the comfort way, through the door. There is a switch on the left side of the table. It opens a secret room, you will find more loot and the key for the orange door.

basso71

Ah. I had the 'large gate' key in my inventory that I hadn't noticed before. However the large gate (drawbridge) is not frobbable in my version. Do you think think I have the wrong version of a specific OSM file that the FM requires ? Eg TnhScript ? Or NVScript ?

Ah. I had the 'large gate' key in my inventory that I hadn't noticed before. However the large gate (drawbridge) is not frobbable in my version. Do you think think I have the wrong version of a specific OSM file that the FM requires ? Eg TnhScript ? Or NVScript ?
    That is not good news! I had the hope that I fixed the problem with the new version after I change all around this gate. Same situation like before, the testers did not have this problem.

You should have a osm in the T2 folder called dsgen.osm. Also the tnhS.osm.
    Take a look at the tnhS.osm under properties, is it the same version like the one in the zipfile?
    If not, copy the file from the zip into the T2 folder.

What about the Ai's in that area, are they all knock out? You said you use the flymode, I know this in Dromed, can you fly in the gamemode too?

Ok we have three options now(good I hate to say this)

1:you start the mission again( bad idea I know)

2: If you can fly, fly to the new quarter and try to complete the mission.

3: Reinstall the mission, open the window and throw the mission out as far as you can.
    Damned, this mission is really tricky, sorry for the trouble!

From the ZIP file....

tnhs.osm is v 2.1.0.0, 657kb, dated 10/04/2009 02:10h

dsgen.osm - no version number, 420kb, 27/03/2000 14:02h

The fly mode is a feature of the trainer made by 'Sunshine' called 'Darkhook
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...light=darkhook'
    The version I am using is on page 4 of the link. It is a bastardized mix of the original version oand the new DLL - because the new EXE doesn't work with XP64.
    It gives you ON/OFFs for lockcheat, fly/ghost mode, unlimited ammo, God mode.

Yes, all the AI are knocked out - it is how I always play T2.

I played the game only in 'hard' mode - because most people play in Expert mode maybe the beta testers missed it ? Or more likely it is a problem with my specific setup - although my T2 is a new clean install that I made last week.

I will try starting again, on normal, hard and easy, and with and without Darkhook, and just go immediately to the drawbridge to see if it is frobbable, or whether something I am doing in playing through was causing the drawbridge to become unfrobbable.

Will report back later.

Normal, Hard and Expert (normal play) - start the game and run immediately to the drawbridge. There is no guard there in all cases (assume he/she has to walk there first). Door is frobbable and takes me to NQ even though I have no key.

Normal, Hard, Export with Darkhook. I immediately go to the drawbridge and KO the guard. The drawbridge is frobbable. I press all Darkhook options on and off a couple of times. The door is STILL frobbable. So Darkhook's memory injection of T2 seems not to be responsible for my problem.

Normal, Hard, Export + Darkhook (lockcheat ON). I just rob everything I can find, opening doors that shouldn't be opened without key, KO-ing all AI and robbing them (even KO-ing the drunk couple on the inaccessible pub veranda). When I have done with this, and have at least 1800 of loot then I go to the drawbridge, flashbomb and KO the guard. The drawbridge is NOT frobbable

So we can assume that by lockcheating, somewhere, somehow along the line breaks the special script for the door ?

Normal, Hard and Expert (normal play) - start the game and run immediately to the drawbridge. There is no guard there in all cases (assume he/she has to walk there first). Door is frobbable and takes me to NQ even though I have no key.
    When you start the mission the first time, there is no Guard, the doors are not locked so you need no key, that's all correct.
    Normal, Hard, Export with Darkhook. I immediately go to the drawbridge and KO the guard. The drawbridge is frobbable. I press all Darkhook options on and off a couple of times. The door is STILL frobbable. So Darkhook's memory injection of T2 seems not to be responsible for my problem.
    The drawbrigde is frobbable but you don't need the key or what? What about the teleport?

Normal, Hard, Export + Darkhook (lockcheat ON). I just rob everything I can find, opening doors that shouldn't be opened without key, KO-ing all AI and robbing them (even KO-ing the drunk couple on the inaccessible pub veranda). When I have done with this, and have at least 1800 of loot then I go to the drawbridge, flashbomb and KO the guard. The drawbridge is NOT frobbable

So we can assume that by lockcheating, somewhere, somehow along the line breaks the special script for the door ?
    Hmm, let me tell you how the door works. At the beginning the door is not locked, after you're back again in the old quarter(in your house) reading the scroll, the conversation starts for the guard. He locks the door but he's still on his position(behind the doors).

After finding Magnius, read the letter, the guard is now in front of the door, door is now locked. Later, you found the evidence, after putting them into the paper tray(Mayors office) a require all trap triggers an emit trap. EmitTrap using a flashbomb to make the door unfrobbable.

So the questions is, who or what triggers the EmitTrap too early? When you lockcheating the small door in the bank, you get the evidence. When you lockcheating the mayors office door and putting them into the paper tray, the flashbomb triggers and make the door unfrobbable.

I download the ThiefInject1.0, I can see the cheats when I press F1, but when I press a NumPad nothing happens. I guess I do something wrong during the installation.
    Last edited by Basso71; 27th Aug 2011 at 08:59.

When you start the mission the first time, there is no Guard, the doors are not locked so you need no key, that's all correct.

The drawbrigde is frobbable but you don't need the key or what? What about the teleport?
    Yes you can still teleport by frobbing without the key

Hmm, let me tell you how the door works. At the beginning the door is not locked, after you're back again in the old quarter(in your house) reading the scroll, the conversation starts for the guard. He locks the door but he's still on his position(behind the doors).

After finding Magnius, read the letter, the guard is now in front of the door, door is now locked. Later, you found the evidence, after putting them into the paper tray(Mayors office) a require all trap triggers an emit trap. EmitTrap using a flashbomb to make the door unfrobbable.
    I didn't get to (legitimately) enter NQ by the proper means but the traps to get back to OQ seemed to work fine.
    Everytime there was a teleport event I could hear the sound of an arrow hitting wood - really strange.

So the questions is, who or what triggers the EmitTrap too early? When you lockcheating the small door in the bank, you get the evidence. When you lockcheating the mayors office door and putting them into the paper tray, the flashbomb triggers and make the door unfrobbable.
    So you are saying it IS a good idea to visit the NQ before rampaging through OQ ? There are keys in NQ that open doors in OQ ? The lack of keys to locked buildings in OQ is one of the reasons I lockcheated. I didn't think of visiting the NQ to have a look around until I had done everything I could think of in Old Quarter.

I download the ThiefInject1.0, I can see the cheats when I press F1, but when I press a NumPad nothing happens. I guess I do something wrong during the installation.
    [/quote]

F1 should just display what the hotkeys are. n1 to n4 control the ON/OFF for each cheat.
    If you are finding that they still don't work then do what I did and use 'Winject' (the EXE from the earlier version) instead of 'Thiefinject' (the latest version) but WITH the DLL from the Thiefinject installation. It seems to work for me this way.

There is a reason why doors are closed. Reasons why areas can enter to a later time. When you're cheating, you find and trigger things that shouldn't trigger before. What do you expect? Sorry, but it's like you lockcheat the closed chamber where daddy hides the christmas presents.

BTw. I just found a link to the ThiefInject, the other link were death.

Holy Burrick Balls, what a great FM!

After finishing my FM "catch up" by finally playing all FMs listed on Cheap Missions, I've started on the list gnartch provided of FMs not listed at Cheap Missions (Thanks gnartch!), and so far I'm loving them, especially this one!

I just finished on Expert, all secrets found, only 100 short of total loot and no hints needed. I love it when that happens!

Things I liked best:
    - No hints or walkthrough needed.
    - Lots of rope arrow usage.
    - Large, complex, detailed and rooftop-accessible city.
    - Just when you think you're done, NEW OBJECTIVE!
    - Additional objectives added in ways to allow for the full exploration of the city.
    - A clever and relaxing boat ride.

Thank you Basso71, I really enjoyed your FM, but was very sad to read earlier in the thread that you don't plan on making more. FMs like yours and uncadonego's (cities with lots of rooftop-ey shenanigans) are my absolute favorites! I do hope that after a break from Dromed, you'll consider making more.

BANNED
    ^

Your post has inspired me to fire this one up for a second time.

I'm in the new quarter but other than going on the rooftop with the a closed mayor's door, I can't see how to progress...

i made it into garretts apartment but no one was there to meet me,now what do i do?
    Last edited by downwinder; 2nd Mar 2014 at 10:13.

Hello Basso71, I've just finished your FM and I spent really good time,
    the mission is so nice, i loved the rooftop part, the history,
    the way you managed maps and old/new quarters back and forth.
    this FM goes to my best FM list, it deserves 10/10 \o/

(I've converted the FM in 32bits with NewDark/DromEd, and got no bugs at all)

Southquarter.com/fms
    I had just PMed this author recently - there is apparently a version 1.3 of this mission that's converted to NewDark, but I can't locate a working link for it anywhere.

Edit: fibanocci was kind enough to send me a link to the latest version, and I uploaded it to Southquarter.

The Day Worker 1.3 (Newdark)
    Last edited by Brethren; 9th Apr 2014 at 14:55.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast