El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    Yeh I never realised this was a podcast thing until just now
    This.

Regardless, mybad.

<3

Level 10,000 achieved

Time for the yearly podcast catchup

A Damn Fine Cup Of Culture - THIRITH MADE A PODCAST, YOU GUYS! And it's actually really good. Listened though the whole thing in reverse chronology this week (except for the first ep because I still haven't seen Dunkirk), and greatly enjoyed the deep dive into some of my favourite movies.

Chapo Trap House - Someone in one of the political threads linked to a James Adomian vid which in turn led me to this political podcast by "dirtbag left" collective Chapo. Very funny, very insightful. For a good starting ep I suggest Lost in the Sauce feat. Patton Oswalt. They also did a hilarious Gamer-version of a Christmas Carol, which I've ended up listening to several times, but that one might be a tad too in-jokey for first time listeners.

R U Talkin' R.E.M. RE:ME? - The guys from U Talkin' U2 To Me? are back with a another podcast on their other favourite band. Just as stupidly named as the last show. Just as stupid of a show. I am stupid. I like this.

Twin Peaks Rewatch - Another podcast by the Idle Thumbs gang. I enjoyed listening along to this as I went through The Return last year. Being way bigger fans than I am, these guys made connections and poked at details I was totally oblivious to as I watched the show. Plus they finally answer questions we all wanna know, like "Was James always cool?"

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    A Damn Fine Cup Of Culture - THIRITH MADE A PODCAST, YOU GUYS!
    Adding that to my podcast folder.

This Week in Virology - gotta keep up to date with those sexy viruses around the world.
    3 Moves Ahead - because nerd.

The rest of the stuff I listen to is politics/IR: War on the Rocks, Bombshell, Rational Security, Lawfare, The American Interest, and more that I can't be bothered to paste in.

Level 10,000 achieved
    3MA was also my entry to the Idle Thumbs network. Good show, even tho most of the war games they discuss don't interest me.

Here's a few I forgot to mention earlier:

The History of Fun - podcast by Polygon people about toys and games and activities of yore.

Trends Like These - Travis McElroy and Brent Black's podcast about the issues of the week.

Reply All - I'm sure someone's mentioned this one already(perhaps even me). A podcast about the internet and stuff. Kinda This American Life-ish. It's funny and interesting and good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123