TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 35 of 298 FirstFirst ... 5101520253031323334353637383940455055606570758085135285 ... LastLast

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Smashing, dear boy.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    yeah, non-japanese don't know how to make good games amirite
    Heavy Rain f.e. is a masterpiece, involving and emotional, also it's not japanese. LA Noire is a boring, very mechanical, do-1000-times-the-same game with stone face.

Not only did I find L.A. Noire (sic..lol) to be fascinating, refreshing, exciting, compelling, and gorgeous but my girlfriend felt the same way just watching me play it!. It is truly subjective, but if you hated it you are definitely in the minority, I'm afraid.

Cheers to R* Games for throwing you PC only gamers a bone and getting it released on your platform. A shame about Red Dead, though.

The Alchemist
    LA Noire was wonderful. I dont know who this 242 tool is but chances are he sux cok.

Unless he likes Front 242. Then he's a tool with slightly better taste in music.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    Heavy Rain f.e. is a masterpiece, involving and emotional, also it's not japanese. LA Noire is a boring, very mechanical, do-1000-times-the-same game with stone face.
    I love how you're too dense to realize I'm making fun of you when I make posts like that.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Check the price, 5770
    HAHA, AMD GPUs. You'll be condemning yourself to consistently shit drivers. Enjoy your stay.

Playing DX:HR. I haven't completed it yet since I've taken a break for a while but continuing now.

Finally picked up Metro 2033 again. Hoping running it on a better computer will make it less dodgy-feeling.

Also ordered a new HD TV- a small one- so my console toys can give me something glorious and Red Dead Redemption will be playable.

I love how you're too dense to realize I'm making fun of you when I make posts like that.
    Well if you think that answering such your posts, even if seriously, necessarily means not understanding your japanese themed 'making fun', than there is something wrong with your cognitive perception.

I dont know who this 242 tool is but chances are he sux cok.
    Unless he likes Front 242. Then he's a tool with slightly better taste in music.
    Ok, let's say I'm a tool with slightly better taste in music and not against those who sux tools.

Seriously, LA Noire is too gamey and mechanical to be wonderful, heck even Phelps seems like a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    Well if you think that answering such your posts, even if seriously, necessarily means not understanding your japanese themed 'making fun', than there is something wrong with your cognitive perception.
    Whatever you say, weeaboo.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    HAHA, AMD GPUs. You'll be condemning yourself to consistently shit drivers. Enjoy your stay.
    Did you post this in 2002 or something? Pretty much every one of my friends has used ATI/AMD GPU's since the 9800 pro without a problem. I think I'll miss having (shitty) hardware physx support, but I can live with the improved image quality and vastly more reliable hardware.

I am very happy with my HD 5770 (My first ATi card.). Been using the 11.1 Cats for close to a year now with almost zero problems, just the inability to play some legacy OGL games, which supposedly is no longer an issue with the recent driver releases. But I do get the impression that ATi is a lot more in the spotlight whenever new releases behave abnormally.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Did you post this in 2002 or something? Pretty much every one of my friends has used ATI/AMD GPU's since the 9800 pro without a problem. I think I'll miss having (shitty) hardware physx support, but I can live with the improved image quality and vastly more reliable hardware.
    In regards to recent memory I've seen countless tears shed over AMD drivers in relation to Rage, Skyrim and Saints Row 3. Do what you like, but don't say that you weren't warned.

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, I've got Saints Row 3 running just fine on my AMD card with everything on high except for shadows, which are a killer. What are these complaints?

And Rage's issues were due to AMD not releasing the proper drivers on time, as Carmack said, which doesn't mean they weren't at fault, but it was down to messed up release/schedule management, and not poor coding.

Rage was completely broken on nvidia hardware when it was released too. All of my RL friends who are playing Skyrim have AMD cards (mostly 6850's I think) and seem very pleased with it so far.

Bjossi - what games have you been using the 5770 with and how is the performance? Any problems with Thief/SS2/DX?

I played through Thief 2 on my 5770 without any problems. I tried Skyrim recently, and it was fine on almost Ultra detail without AA. I'd say Arma 2 is fine on it too on high-ish settings, but sometimes it's still not fluid, and depends on your tolerance of fps. Also Chernogorsk still lags.

Bjossi - what games have you been using the 5770 with and how is the performance? Any problems with Thief/SS2/DX?
    Aside from cutscenes SS2 works flawlessly. Haven't tried Thieves or DX1 with it though. STALKERs run flawlessly and quite well (Can't fully max out Call of Pripyat though.). Cryostasis is fairly stable but runs like crap, but that is to be expected from a badly optimized NVIDIA-sponsored tech demo. Other games that run smoothly on high/max settings: Serious Sam 2 & HD, Bioshock 2, Quake powered by DarkPlaces (With hi-res texture/skin packs and rtlights installed.), Necrovision, Crysis, Dead Space 1&2...

I would really like to give this Spectrum game a try. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rWooGqqQ5w

The music is great and it is cool to see that sort of game running on a device as old as I am. He can even look up and down! I wonder if they could squeeze a few extra FPS out of it...

user.exe error

Knows his stuff
    Finished Halo Reach. Mighty fine first person shootering. Lots of variety in the missions as well. Jetpacks and space-flight missions were a nice addition to the series. Good story too, and the ending is very depressing though I can't say I didn't see it coming.

Somehow by some miracle I finally got past the dreaded Nazi frontline in Metro 2033. Every time I tried to put out some lights in a small room I was hiding in at the top of some stairs, I was immediately spotted, even though nobody was looking at me... but if I hung back and waited for a patrol to rush past, I could put out the lights with impunity. Once I was past that part and the Nazi trolley, everything was gravy. I'm now on the next stage and into unfamiliar territory- I ended up ragequitting before here last year.

In regards to recent memory I've seen countless tears shed over AMD drivers in relation to Rage, Skyrim and Saints Row 3. Do what you like, but don't say that you weren't warned.

I have an HD 6870 and I wouldn't call it reliable by any means. Couple times the drivers didn't install properly and I couldn't open the Catalyst Control Center. Several passes of driver-purging software later, I managed to get a clean install. But the card still isn't always stable; sometimes, during a game, the system freezes and I get a screen full of vertical lines. Requires a hard reset, then. During one bad session of Bad Company 2, I couldn't play for more than a minute without a crash. Other times it's fine, but I'm not sure I'll buy another AMD after this. Google search for "ATI Vertical lines crash" and you'll see cases dating back years.

Somehow by some miracle I finally got past the dreaded Nazi frontline in Metro 2033. Every time I tried to put out some lights in a small room I was hiding in at the top of some stairs, I was immediately spotted, even though nobody was looking at me... but if I hung back and waited for a patrol to rush past, I could put out the lights with impunity. Once I was past that part and the Nazi trolley, everything was gravy. I'm now on the next stage and into unfamiliar territory- I ended up ragequitting before here last year.
    If you were where I think you were, I had some issues in this room too. Eventually I realised I had been standing on a small patch of glass which of course made a noise and alerted the guards. I don't know why it didn't click sooner since the crackling when walking on glass is pretty clear and distinctive. Might have been the guard chatter and trolley noise distracting me.

You know, that's probably it. The stealth guide I was using mentioned glass but made it seem like it was out in the tunnel proper. Hurrrr.

Can't wait to get home and do the next level.

Still Subjective
    Still playing GTA4.

I needed that long break because there is so much in it I don't like - the incessant "social" stuff, some of the mechanics that bork my well planned combat tactics, the tedious trips to the weapons store because Jacob "need to get new merchandise, seen?" and the way I've to go to a safehouse to save.

I've lost a little of the plot along the way (why am I friendly with Phil Bell again?) but of the bits I do get (the mafia war and the Russians, the Irish crew) I'm enjoying the progression a lot.

Some of the radio chat has aged a little but apart from that it's still pretty high quality all round. One thing I enjoyed in GTA3:VC that I still think works really, really well is the long drives (especially at night) to some mission whilst playing some great tracks that set the mood just right.

I'm looking forward to GTA5 after all, and I might have to get the GTA4 DLC after this.

Page 35 of 298 FirstFirst ... 5101520253031323334353637383940455055606570758085135285 ... LastLast