TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Moderator and Priest
    Last night, while the snow and sleet pummeled the ground, despite the fact it was warm enough to mow my lawn in a t-shirt just two days ago (isn't that just fuuhhhhhhk'd up), I played this game over at a friend's house that was just the damn bee's knee.

It's called Overcooked. By yourself, it'd merely be a mildly entertaining game. But with three people? It becomes this awesome, chaotic excuse to hate your idiot friends for not following basic instructions. I recommend it.

Currently juggling the following:
    • Skyrim, where I've now more or less got all the mods I'll want for this playthrough - though some of the game looked surprisingly ugly until I added the Verdant grass mod. It changes the look quite a bit, but the plains to the west of Whiterun looked like a graphical bug without more greenery.
    • Night in the Woods, which I'm enjoying a lot, mainly due to the tone and writing of the game.
    • Watch Dogs 2: I think I'm getting closeish to the end, although there are still plenty of sidemissions to play first. The game does overstay its welcome somewhat and it definitely does suffer from the usual Ubisoft problems, but I'd still say that it was largely underrated and suffered from several other Ubi games getting undeservedly high ratings, so this one got punished unduly.
    • Resogun: Whenever I don't want to play anything too involving, this is a good arcadey shooter. In general, I really like Housemarque's games for their easy-to-learn-hard-to-master gameplay and their punchy, arcadey aesthetics.

Well I guess I'm playing this http://freeso.org/ now thank's to Gf messing with my pc without permission
    At least this time around no online drug dealer's/hookers/perverts yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Last night, while the snow and sleet pummeled the ground, despite the fact it was warm enough to mow my lawn in a t-shirt just two days ago (isn't that just fuuhhhhhhk'd up), I played this game over at a friend's house that was just the damn bee's knee.

It's called Overcooked. By yourself, it'd merely be a mildly entertaining game. But with three people? It becomes this awesome, chaotic excuse to hate your idiot friends for not following basic instructions. I recommend it.
    Yeah. We have that on the PS4 in our work's lunchroom. It's amazing.

Thought I'd give Watch Dogs 2 a go. Game wouldn't run. Splash screen for it would pop up, then 1-2 minutes later disappear. Tried numerous times, same result.

Did some Google searching - Recommendations to update gfx drivers, which then resulted in me having to update my damn java drivers due to NVidia's wesbite. Result - No change. Grr.

Other recommendation - To change compatibility setting for game's main exe to run as Admin - Worked

Waste of an hour and a bit and had to go to bed by that point. Grrr. Hopefully the game will work again next time I try.

[edit]
    Ok played the game for a short while (1 hour). Quick thoughts as someone coming in having played the first not that long ago:

* So far I'm fighting the controls a fair. In the first game, hacking felt more natural. Want to hack that phone or gas vent whilst driving? Hold down "Q" and it's done. In the sequel (on PC) you need to hold down the middle mouse button. Might sound like nothing, and I'm sure I will get used to it, but it just feels more cumbersome at this stage. The fact that you now get multiple hacking options on certain objects, where before there was only 1 action creates more options sure, but for me coming in, it's less fluid and more slower.
    * You no longer see way points (whilst driving) in front of you, so you now need to keep looking at your in-game mobile / mini-map. This means less watching the road and more of watching the mini-map/mobile. I can bet that in times where fast actions to get to an objective are essential that this will affect that.
    * You now don't pull out a fancy done up phone to see stuff to hack, the game just points those out. I really liked in the original, walking down streets with the phone out casually walking, and hacking stuff. A minor issue that's not a biggy.

[edit 2]
    Was wrong on the way point view stuff. Just went back into the game and it's there now. Odd.
    Last edited by icemann; 14th Mar 2017 at 11:35.

El Shagmeister

I'm currently playing the fanmade remake of Metroid 2 (AM2R), and lemme tell ya: it's ballsamazing. Man, shame Nintendo never went back and did a remake like they did with Metroid Zero Mission.

Meanwhile in Dishonored 2 I am close to arriving to the Clockwork Mansion. Dis gun be gud!

Administrator
    The (interesting!) discussion about monitors has been moved to here.

I have literally 800 games or something unplayed in my backlog, but instead I just did a full clean hands/shadow run through Dishonored and a high chaos run through the Daud DLCs. Then I did a third playthrough of Dishonored 2 to get the Flesh And Steel and Clean Hands achievements as Low Chaos Corvo. Now I'm doing another run through DH2, this time as Emily with no powers, no stealth (no crouching at all unless it's needed to get into an area), and using no equipment other than sword and pistol (pure environmental kills are still a go, though...gotta love burning people to death with booze). Up until the level I just finished (the first one where you get gangbanged by witches) this was by far the most fun I've had in either game somehow. When the going gets tough, the tough get shot with my pistol. I like that, even though I'm completely avoiding stealth, I still often get the drop on people by using slight elevation to initiate a drop assassination or just running like hell and sliding into the first enemy to knock them off balance before jamming a knife in their throat. I've also had some hilarious emergent moments like blocking someone's attack, which threw them backwards off a pier and to their watery doom. One thing I'm going to change if I try this again (I may just restart now, actually) is accepting the Outsider's mark, but only upgrading the passive skills that enhance your mobility/gunplay/dueling. I think having a few more melee/gun tricks would make the witch sections better.

Also, in addition to the no-crouch and only-swords-and-pistol house rules, I have to enter any room with a breakable door by shooting it to pieces. Because you've gotta make an entrance.

Thank god for Arkane, because it feels like no one else is making games that are this fun anymore. I can't wait for Prey.

Moderator and Priest
    I'd love to play through Dishonored 2 again, but I still can't get the game to remember my saves. As soon as I quit, they're gone, and nothing I've done can fix the problem.

Chakat sex pillow
    Didja try disabling cloud saves? Also look at this for a possible thing to tinker with.

Moderator and Priest
    Yup. Tried that. Nada.

I've also found my DH2 savegame folder, and saw that all the save files are there, it's just that the game refuses to see them. Removing them, turning off cloud saves, and trying to save a new game still netted me the same results.

My only recourse now is to dive into the registry, remove any entries DH2 might've made, and see what that does. But that's something I'm not quite willing to commit to just yet.

Chakat sex pillow
    There's something in the thread I linked to about editing remotecache.vdf, which is worth a shot.

If you remove all save files, and then create a new one. Does the new one popup at the location your watching? First thing I'd check.

Moderator and Priest
    Hmm. Haven't tried either of those yet. I'll reinstall the game tomorrow, and give it a try.

Far bit more into Watch Dogs 2 now. This game sure likes to crash. Had like atleast 15-20 crashes to desktop so far. Disappearing vehicles happen semi often. This game needed more dev time. Side quests sure are fun. Quite like the new drone you get to use. Makes scouting much easier. Some very tricky puzzles.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I will now sell you on Virtual Reality. All ye who wish to hold on to your wallets, avert your gaze.

*cues up Robo Recall video that I just recorded*

Yes btw, it's important that you know this is my video so you know what a badass I am. I'm basically Jet Li in The One. Think about that next time you're about to disagree with me on which Assassin's Creed was the best.

Does anybody else look at Civ screenshots and think "they're going for 'EPIC CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS' but instead got 'handful of cosplayers scuffling over It's a Small World'"?

verbose douchebag
    Ok, that looks fun, but the movement system would drive me nuts I think.

It's like Dishonored's blink was somehow a spot-on prediction for the future of VR gaming. Better than nausea, anyway.

Started Bioshock Remastered today. I quite like it. The Big Daddy are tough as f*** though.

I like that basically every VR game looks like an arcade railshooter from the mid 90's.

They need to do a Tron game in VR already. And not be a rail shooter.

At work I needed something to pass time, so been playing Shadowrun on the SNES. Played this game sooooooo many times that I felt the need to put a self imposed challenge in place to increase the difficulty. My challenge - Play through the entire game with the starting weapon only. Upgrading of armor, gaining of spells and upgrade/addition of augments is totally fine. Just have to stick with that first weapon. Needing to have Shadowrunner's accompany you on jobs/tasks is key to the "Shadowrun" experience in the PnP game and especially in the case of Harebrained Schemes quasi sequel to this game, Shadowrun Returns. Where as in this game (and the Genesis/Megadrive game) if you spent enough time farming money and karma points then you could solo your way through the game no problem. Time for a change.

So with this added challenge in mind I set out and did fine for most of the play through so far. Then I started to encounter enemies that the crappy Beretta pistol could not even scratch. Earlier on, farming karma was the way to go with taking on the hard enemies (eg in the arena). But when you can't even scratch your enemy and your not upgrading your weapon then your going to need a few runners to back you up, with clear class spots to fill (dps, healer, tank etc). Once I can use spells I should be ok for a while. Not sure how I'm going to be able to handle the last boss, as he's a pain in the ass even with the best stuff.

I look forward to taking on Drake Tower with several runners to back me up. For now money (or nuyen in Shadowrunner terminology) is hard to come by, but by the time I get there, should be less of an issue. Then be able to actually afford to get some runners.
    Last edited by icemann; 22nd Mar 2017 at 01:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    I like that basically every VR game looks like an arcade railshooter from the mid 90's.
    Windlands: check.
    Elite Dangerous: check.
    Dirt Rally: check.
    Audioshield: check.
    Rec Room: check.
    The Climb: check.
    I Expect You to Die: check.
    Edge of Nowhere: check.
    Chronos: check.
    (Does Superhot look like an arcade railshooter from the mid-'90s? It definitely doesn't play like them.)

On a different note, I'm taking a different approach to Skyrim, now that I'm playing the Special Edition, and I think it's helping me enjoy the game better. I used to scour every place for every bit of content, talking to every boring, repetitive NPC, all of this in a very mechanical way. Of course I got more content out of the game like that, but I was enjoying it less, because it totally went against what Skyrim does best, namely immersion. This time round, and with the help of the Live Another Life mod, I'm doing something that's closer to roleplaying: I think about what my character, a hunter and a bit of a loner, might do. If I come upon something that might be interesting, I'll check it out, but I don't try to squeeze every last fetch quest out of the game there and then, I don't explore every cave and dungeon and ruin for no other reason than because I walk past them. As a result, the game feels like much less of a shallow chore to me.

Floor 13 (Dos) massively underrated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floor_13_(video_game)

Awesome nick on a side note.

Page 426 of 463 FirstFirst ... 176326376381386391396401406411416421422423424425426427428429430431436441446451456461 ... LastLast