TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 469 of 469 FirstFirst ... 219369419424429434439444449454459464465466467468469
Results 11,701 to 11,716 of 11716

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if that would be something my 5-year-old would like? She's currently trying to bull her way through Mirror's Edge. She can almost complete the tutorial, which sounds like a joke but in ME's case is actually seriously impressive.
    Wow, definitely impressive! Yeah Rime is probably a better starting point for 3D platformers. It's quite forgiving, and the near-complete lack of enemies means there's not much time-pressure to complete any section. It would probably be better to start her off with 2D platformers though (like Never Alone or Unravel), get a handle on 2 dimensions before tackling a third.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Have any of you played Monument Valley 2? I liked the first one, but if the second one is mainly more of the same, I don't think I'd need it. If it does new and interesting things, though, count me in.
    Yeah, it's mostly more of the same. Not worth almost twice the price, IMO.

As it launched recently and as I backed it on KS ages ago, I thought I'd give Aegis Defenders a go. Gave it a quick 40 minute try. I'd describe the game as being a mix of The Lost Vikings and tower defense games with some light RPG elements thrown in. Seems like an alright game. Will need to invest some more time into it, to work out whether I like it or not overall. But it seems good so far.

Two other games that remind me vaguely of Monument Valley:

Pan-Pan. This one is available for just about everything, and is really charming, but is unfortunately quite short. I played it through on Switch recently.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. If you have a Wii U, grab it. Or see a Wii U collecting dust on a shelf somewhere and feel sorry for it.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by SilverJackal View Post
    Was playing Diablo III on Hardcore. Keyword: Was.

https://i.imgur.com/V5E6vQQ.jpg
    PS4 version? The Share button is great, the days of having to take photos of your screen on consoles are over.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I am currently replaying Zelda Link to the Past. I almost forget sometimes how amazing this game is. It's so good in fact that it makes me want to fire up Gamemaker and try to come up with something similar or inspired by. Will that actually happen? Not likely!

Be sure to play Alundra when your done. Next best thing.

Still enjoying Assassin's Creed Origins a lot - and I'm constantly amazed at how much of a difference it makes that the game has a compass showing points of interest near you rather than a minimap. I feel much more like I'm *in* the game world rather than staring at a map while there's a pretty dynamic picture in the background.

I'm also getting close to the end of the Baba Yaga content in Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's okay and has some nifty moments, but for me it's held back by the same issues as the main game. In addition to the game's drab personality, there's also a lack of polish that makes it feel like they cut corners; there's some nice enough environmental design, but small things like ropes not actually being animated when you're turning the winch they're attached to (unless that's a bug - I very much noticed this in the DLC's main rope/platform puzzle) result in an overall impression that is oddly half-arsed: you've got some gorgeous locations and graphical bells and whistles like the animation of Lara's hair, but other details comes across almost like placeholders.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Be sure to play Alundra when your done. Next best thing.
    I might argue it's the best thing, with LttP playing the runner-up.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    I'm also getting close to the end of the Baba Yaga content in Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's okay and has some nifty moments, but for me it's held back by the same issues as the main game.
    I notice that's a couple of quid on Steam now, probably worth that much I guess?

I've played a few things since I last managed to post, but I've done my usual trick of not getting very far and then buying even more games on sale.

Yesterday I played Journey and Dear Esther on the PS4 as I was after a chilled experience. The hardware requirements obviously aren't great as both ran at 60fps apparently. They were both lovely but a bit short. Journey in a minimalist sense and Esther has an amazing amount of detail considering the size of the download. Clearly you don't need that much in the way of assets to create a compelling environment, although there are no birds or other wildlife adding to the polygon/texture total.

I've played too many hours of Diablo 3 couch co-op with the kids and for some reason I can still play more of it. Seems odd as it's basically just tearing through countless waves of monsters with not that much skill even on higher difficulty levels. I guess it's at least satisfying on some level. And I think the environments look quite nice, except heaven is boring.

I've got a lot of value out of playing Okami HD, although some crappy textures have remained. Far from perfect but the nature of the whole look of the game means that it's not heavily reliant on texture detail. Still my favourite game I think, or perhaps most-loved.

Even though I’m not a huge fan, I’d say that Rise of the Tomb Raider is worth getting for a few quid, if only to find out if you’re one of the ones who like it better than me - there are a few around here who liked it well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    I've played too many hours of Diablo 3 couch co-op with the kids and for some reason I can still play more of it. Seems odd as it's basically just tearing through countless waves of monsters with not that much skill even on higher difficulty levels. I guess it's at least satisfying on some level. And I think the environments look quite nice, except heaven is boring.
    Tearing through tons of easy enemies with awesome music playing is one of the reasons the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors series is popular.

Level 10,000 achieved

Gaming roundup

Mario+Rabbids - On the final World now. It's good, but it doesn't have me hooked as much as Steamworld Heist did.
    Battlezone (VR) - played a bit of this today. Works well in VR, but the gameplay is quite shallow, at least this early on. We'll see if it picks up.
    Batman - The Telltale Series - Got this in PS+ and I've played a couple sessions of it. It's ok.
    Heat Signature - 4 hours in and loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic
    I might argue it's the best thing, with LttP playing the runner-up.
    I agree. Such a great title. And the story, while it starts out like your standard fantasy adventure, turns into something much more sinister pretty soon into the game.

Moderator and Priest
    Just talking about it makes me wanna play it again...

I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE AN ALUDRA PARTY!

And how would you do an ALUDRA party? Everyone gets drunk except one person, who then goes into the dreams of the people afterwards to fix their nightmares up? (just trying to put Alundra with a party).

You spend a fair bit of time in Alundra going into peoples dreams. Quite a unique game mechanic. Though Soul Blazer had it first, and you have Psychonauts MUCH later.

Page 469 of 469 FirstFirst ... 219369419424429434439444449454459464465466467468469