TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 499 of 499 FirstFirst ... 249399449454459464469474479484489494495496497498499
Results 12,451 to 12,454 of 12454

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    Late to the party, I've been playing Wasteland 2 and just got to The Prison. It's....... alright?
    Agreed 110% with everything in your post. I played the game for a bit. Enjoyed the scientist rescue mission choice, but the games just. I dunno. Average. UI most of all was just blah. Doesn't feel like a Kickstarter game of the quality level of most of what I've backed on there.

And still I backed the next one, so go figure. Though that was more in support of games that make games like this.

California is great in WL2, but Arizona is pretty damn bland. It takes a lot of commitment to get to the good parts, then it ends rather quickly.

My stomach made it very clear this morning that it didn't want me to leave the house just yet, so I got a bit of a lie-in (well, as much as you can when you feel really nauseous) and then played for a couple of hours before I decided I now felt okay enough to go to the office.

I first played on in Destiny 2, where I'm getting close to the end of the main game's story. Even though Destiny 2 doesn't tell a very interesting story, it still pulls me in thanks to the strong voice work and the moment-to-moment gameplay, more so than a number of games that have more ambitious stories but fail to deliver them with flair. Also, similarly to Mass Effect, I simply enjoy that particular, exceedingly well crafted sci-fi aesthetic.

I then went back to Spider-Man for some mopping up; I hadn't played the game for a week or two and I never considered myself particularly good, but I found myself easily cleaning out several enemy bases and completing the additional objectives. The game must've been even better at teaching me its mechanics than I thought it was.

On the other hand, before I finally went to work I returned to one of the boss fights in Assassin's Creed Origins' DLC Curse of the Pharaohs, and while I love the new environments, at least this boss, Nefertiti, reminded me why I'm not a big fan of the game's combat. It never feels like I'm as much in control of my character as I should be, added to which the bosses aren't interesting to fight, they're just sponges who deal high damage. I may well give up on the DLC if I don't manage to beat her, because this is simply not much fun.

Edit: Oh, I forgot: I also finished Unavowed, since I was only about 10 minutes away from the ending. I definitely liked both the ending and the game as a whole, but I didn't get the impression that there'd be huge differences depending on your choices - or, perhaps rather, I found it pretty easy to imagine the differences that different choices would've made - so I don't think I'll be replaying the game any time soon. It was definitely worth playing once, though.
    Last edited by Thirith; 18th Oct 2018 at 08:12.

Yeh with Unavowed I thought there would be more replayability, but I doubt I will go back to it.

Page 499 of 499 FirstFirst ... 249399449454459464469474479484489494495496497498499